Just an idea test thread

The current economy would no longer exist. All assets and ISK are removed from the game and everyone starts at square one. Assuming that CCP removed any and all methods of botting and RMT, the economy would be back to normal. But again, just like in real life, there are people who are better at things than others, and the veteran players would quickly regain what they had before the wipe, except this time there wouldn’t be any botting or Alpha clones to help them do it.

Ah so, wait, you do support at least an isk and assets wipe, providing all the aforementioned stuff gets fixed.

Im cool with that, and imo, needs to happen.

Yes, asset and ISK wipe would be fine. However, unless you also wipe out character SP or find a way to prevent botting and RMT, it’s a pointless venture. Getting rid of killmails and certain parts of the API would also help. Public stat tracking and killboards/leaderboards in any game is cancer and is part of what drives players to bot, RMT, and a myriad of other actions. There’s no reason to RMT or bot to purchase 30 billion ISK shinies if no one cares what you used it to blow up.

For botting and RMT i think setting up a Punkbuster kind of service was at discussion in some other thread. Whether that enough will be effective, I dont know.

Anti-cheat systems such as Punkbuster simply do not work, or rather, they work AFTER the fact, and sometimes months after the fact. Call of Duty, for example, has a ton of cheat protection, yet there are still thousands of hackers every single day.

what can be done then?

Get rid of human nature. No matter what protection scheme you come up with, there’s always some asshat out there working 24/7 to try and circumvent it. It’s no different than the speed limit, or taxes, or welfare fraud, or anything else. There are always going to be people out there that simply want to game the system and avoid repercussions.

RMT would be easier to get rid of than bots. All CCP has to do is make some toons, find an RMT site, purchase something, and when it gets delivered, ban the toon and the account that delivered it and then also ban every account that toon has delivered an item to. Do that enough times and they will give up.

1 Like

Gee, that easy huh, why havent they worked night and day at this ?

I mean the game will simply go tits up very soon …

Well, there are only three reasons why they don’t stop the RMT. They either don’t have the personnel to assign to the task, they don’t care about RMT, or they are part of it and using it as another income stream.

1 Like

First and Third option seems the most likely imo, and the latter a very befitting one at that XD…

Keep thinking that this is an mmo they care very much about, and not just another side income stream

lol

While I agree with your assertions,I don’t think they are all the relevant possibilities. Though to define those others I would need more info to make them more solid to voice as claims.

Let’s assume for a minute that CCP would like to stop the RMT. All they have to do is have one of their personnel create a ton of toons, find an RMT site, and order an item that will take an Omega account to deliver, such as a Golem or anything else than an Alpha can’t fly or transport, then ban that toon, that account, and any other account associated with that credit card and email address. Banning an Omega account with millions of SP will hurt a hell of a lot more than banning some random Alpha account. Hell, I’d do it for free in my spare time if they were serious about it. There are probably several corporations and maybe even entire alliances that would disappear overnight…

1 Like

Lets assume the third option, that they’re in on it, what could that constitute legally towards its playerbase ? A scam ?

One could assume that if they are indeed in on the RMT, they would just go ahead and add every item and ship in the game to the in-game cash shop to buy with PLEX. But, if they did that, they would then have to admit that they were indeed complicit in the use of RMT and players would leave in droves. They are screwed either way.

1 Like

Could players effectively file a lawsuit against them ?

Not sure, but I highly doubt it. EA would have went under years ago if it was that easy.

Yea but CCP isn’t EA…

What I mean is what exact motive for lawsuit could players start to elaborate against CCP ?

Im no lawyer so I dont know what laws, if any, CCP could’ve infringed by cheating its customers this way.

Like 99% of other players, I don’t bother to read the EULA, but I’m pretty sure there’s a “you can’t sue us for jack sh*t” clause in there somewhere.

1 Like

The Triad can be broken. It doesn’t make sense to do so unless you are willing to catch all the pieces before they scatter to dust. The wind often makes artifacts disappear in the sands of the desert.

Not sure what you mean, but that was deeper than my ex-wife’s vajayjay…