Just got high sec Ganked, CCP suffers financial loss

In that case, my advice would be to ask yourself why did you feel the need to start a whole new thread just to say you don’t like EvE, but you wouldn’t feel the need to do that about any other game you happen to not like either…

3 Likes

I love EVE, This is my way of protesting and getting my point across to CCP. Please read my second post.

1 Like

You’re not being honest with yourself. You don’t love EvE. You love some other game that you think EvE should be, but isn’t…

7 Likes

Good idea. I should have planned for being ganked.

If it is higher insurance payouts you would like, then doing the conduits in a T1 or T2 ship with T2 modules is an option. Much of the value in a faction ship is tied up in the blueprint copy, while the insurance payout is based on the construction materials used. I would prefer to retain players, if possible, so in the off chance that appeals to you enough to change your mind, I offer it as a solution.

Long post, but a good read.

After losing the Rattlesnake, I had to use my Hurricane fleet issue. It would be nice if we had higher insurance payout on Faction and Pirate ships, to help offset the losses a bit.

Absolutely. Eve is a PVP game. In Highsec the Concord police will punish crime so the pirate’s risk/reward calculation needs to take that into account but they don’t prevent crime. Look at the November economic report - 8 of the top 10 regions for destruction are in Empire space. That’s normal.

You’re not going to get ganked often but - if you make yourself an attractive target, you will be ganked eventually and a 2 billion ISK ship in highsec is an attractive target. The gank fleet can reasonably expect enough loot to cover their losses.

6 Likes

So you were flying a ship you can’t afford to lose doing an activity that anyone that naturally skilled up a Rattlesnake should know not to do. This is not CCPs fault. This game only functions because of destruction. If any area were completely safe in the game the game fails, period.

3 Likes

To offer a little bit of historical perspective, we used to get higher insurance payouts on faction ships because the value of the insurance was based on the market value of the ship, if I recall correctly.

However, some players found ways to manufacture isk using the insurance system, and so the calculations were revised to be based on material construction cost. It’s not that CCP doesn’t want to pay you what they’re worth. It was that CCP couldn’t do that without players abusing it in ways that weren’t intended.

I, too, feel a pinch of dissatisfaction when I get a few peanuts in insurance when I lose a Sisters of Eve ship, but I trust that the change was necessary for overall game health, and I make sure to fly them when I can afford to lose them.

I was able to do the conduits in a T2 ship with T2 modules, which gives me a good insurance rate, and given my poor skill in all things combat, I am sure you could do the same or better. You can re-acquire your rattlesnake and fly it when you have the isk to burn and can afford to keep an eye out for people trying to shoot it down. Otherwise, a non-faction ship is very viable for use in emerging conduits.

3 Likes

Please read my second post.

Dude, you are not going to quit. You were a little butt-hurt over losing a ship and raced to the forums and made a bit of a fool of yourself. If you were going to quit you wouldn’t have played some more with another ship, you would have just walked away.

In a few days you will be back to your old habits, the loss of your ship a fading memory. Hopefully, you’ll be a little more careful even in highsec, and less rash in threatening to quit a game when you lost a round.

Such is Eve.

6 Likes

I am pretty sure I will still be protesting with my wallet.

I kinda doubt it. You’ll be handing back over your credit card number a few hours or days after your sub expires and you are jonesing for that Omega status. But I guess that is something we’ll never definitely know.

In any case, have fun running those conduits!

2 Likes

The reason insurance payouts were lowered was actually to make it more expensive for the gankers. Of course, obviously it didn’t work sadly.

1 Like

This is wrong. Insurance was removed for suicide gankers altogether long ago, not lowered. A ship destroyed while having a criminal timer gets no insurance payout at all.

5 Likes

So you are one of those people who are fine skipping game progression by dropping more money on a game? And we should now believe that you will not continue to use your credit card in pursuit of faster advantages?

You know, I really hope you don’t put more money into EVE this way so you actually learn how to play the game.

6 Likes

Try to stay on topic.

1 Like

Topic is being ganked in high sec.

hey op i understand wanting to put down a game that has such a harsh learning curve…sooo can i have your stuff since your quitting? : D ill loose it in the dumbest way i can think of

5 Likes