Kahah residents say long recovery still ahead of them

And you’ve been told, more than once, both that judging your understanding of the situatin on Gutter Press, a tabloid with less actual connection to ‘the truth’ than Napkins has to ‘Gallente-style Democracy and human rights’ is a mistake, and that the situation on Kahah is nothing your mewling little attempts to ‘help’ will improve in any way whatsoever.

The fact that conversations are fluid, organic things that ebb and flow, drift and change around topics and responses to responses to responses in no way lessens those facts, or that you’ve been told them repeatedly.

4 Likes

Now this thread has proved to be more interesting… Points to agree, and disagree, with on many fronts.

One does have to wonder on Paladin Deacon Chakaid’s effectiveness as Aga-Count of Kahah III given the rebel ‘Kahah Free Army’ is still operating under his watch, however.

3 Likes

I have engaged in the first round of a humanitarian relief effort in Kahah and delivered a number of resources to the surface. I would like to particularly thank @Nauplius for his donation and the Holders of Ashi for allowing 1,000 of their slaves to be used on the surface to help relieve the reported shortage without any need for violence. I would also like to thank all others who donated as much as they could - no matter how little.

Kahah

Kahah2

It is wonderful to see members of the Kingdom pull together to help one’s own sisters and brothers when given the opportunity. Thank you all

I’d rather starve to death than eat food produced with the help of Nauplius.

Did you at least have all that livestock tested? Who knows how and with what such a sick man might taint the poor animals.

4 Likes

And exactly who is that… pittance… going to help? The poor aggrieved Holders who are complaining about the craters their own Aga-Count put in their lands?

I promise, it’s not going to get to the people who were actually harmed in the bombardments. A thousand slaves to relieve the shortage… caused by millions of dead. Less than 0.1% of the manpower lost. I’m sure that’ll make a huge difference.

If this is causing such hardship, why isn’t Chakaid fixing it? It’s his Holding. It’s his responsibility. Maybe he should stop posturing and preening in front of the Privy Council and actually look after the people he was given responsibility for.

1 Like

You do realise that this was a representative sample of some of what was delivered? I chose to document that particular shipment due to it including what Mr Nauplius kindly donated to the effort.

As you are so concerned about slaves above, say, food, please rest assured that there were 500,000 slaves moved planetside in total during this operation but not even the largest jump freighter can hold 2,500,000m2 let alone other products and supplies for both the slaves and the people of Khanid.

I will admit that my hatred of hauling and moving goods too and from planetside put a hard cap on what I could do in any one sitting. Let this failing reflect upon my soul when I am judged. However, I shall always endeavour to do what I can if anything and, if it is proven that my efforts were in vein or of detriment, I would rather know I tried and failed than not trying at all.

Why should my wish to assist in humanitarian efforts be diminished because you do not like the person who holds responsibility over it? Should Lord Ardishapur be trying to set up a trade hub in the Mandate instead of LUMEN? If so, should they refund all the extortionate wealth they raise by auctioning themselves?

We are capsuleers! We should use our massive privilege and wealth try to assist non-capsuleers wherever we can! Not just when CONCORD offers a bounty. Not just when it buys you a date or access to someone in a position of some authority. Not just when it is advantageous either politically or economically.

Whenever an opportunity arises.

On this I have never differed from when I was in the New Order.

That isn’t what I asked at all, and you know it. I didn’t ask ‘how could you support Chakaid’s rebuilding efforts?’ I asked why he isn’t conducting any.

Kahah is highsec. Use a normal freighter. Fweddit did, when they blew up half a dozen of them full of slaves in that system.

Funny, the last time people tried that in Kahah, CONCORD and the RKN attacked them.

This is what is being argued about…?

I’m going to need a second synth-eye if I roll them any harder…

1 Like

I can’t speak to his diary, his motives, his efforts, what he has done behind the scenes to get Kahah to where it is now. And you know that.

You truly only have two modes don’t you, Arrendis? Snark and cynicism. I really hope that one day you find something that makes you happy. Something constructive that you could enjoy.

Madam Des Larmes,

Is your humanitarian effort still ongoing, taking deliveries to the Kahah customs office?

Also, is the relief effort also helping the Matari that were left in the aftermath, even if by proxy?

I have plenty of things that make me happy. Among them are snark and cynicism. :slight_smile:

Edit: but no, I have far more than two modes. You saw one of them when I warned you about the dangers of replacing one form of blind zealotry with another. It’s a shame you never bothered to actually find out who you were, before throwing away the opportunity in another attempt to drown her in dogma and obedience to outside direction.

If where it is now is where Gutter Press is describing, then he hasn’t done a damned thing since he stopped shelling the planet, behind the scenes or otherwise.

It is! If you wish to send items to be of aid, I would be.glad to receive them on the behalf of the citizens of Kahah.

As to the distribution of aid, due to my lack of knowledge of the situation at hand - as has been so widely and… pleasantly… pointed out here - I have left it to the local Khanid authorities to distribute as necessary.

I am sure any naturalised Matari would be included in this.

Thank you,

And Miss Des Larmes please do not mistake my inquiry as an attempt to provide further insult. I leave such things to those who feel they are more qualified.

1 Like

There are no ‘citizens’ in Kahah. And there are no ‘naturalized’ Matari. Citizens are members of a society where the populace are held to have rights that are inherent, and the government is the empowered servants of the masses. The word you’re looking for, that applies to Monarchies where the power is held to proceed from having power, and the masses have privileges allowed them by those in power, is ‘subjects’. Your Fed upbringing is showing, I’m afraid.

The term for the Matari populations on those worlds? ‘Slaves’. The same unarmed, unarmored slaves that the local Khanid authorities subjected to artillery fire after they were hit by a chemical weapons attack, because that’s just how Chuckles gets his rocks off.

Do you really think anything you send there is going to them?

Arrendis,

Is that directed at me or Miss Des Larmes?

At Ange.

Arrendis, let us just agree that whatever I do you will try to tear down any optimism or hope I may have for your personal enjoyment and that, once you have done this, I will continue having that hope and optimism that I can do good.

There is nothing I can say to convince you and nothing you can say to convince me because, in all these situations, neither of us can have the evidence the other will invariably ask for. Therefore it would save your constant attempts at gaining my attention and wasting everyone else’s time if we agree to disagree on everything in advance.

There have to be better ways to help the ongoing conditions in Kahah than sending supplies to a flunky of the same man who shelled the planet and who is also accepting “donations” from the Butcher Nauplius.

2 Likes

I asked what you think. If you can’t honestly say that yes, you believe your aid efforts will actually get to the people who were injured, maimed, made homeless, etc by the attacks… well, that says it all, doesn’t it?

There are a lot of places where people can do good. And there are a lot of ways in which to do it. The place and methods you’ve chosen? They just enrich the wealthy and powerful, and help no-one. Isn’t that exactly what you opposed when you were with CODE?

I am simply making an inquiry, Capt Ramijozana.