Keacte for CSM17

CSM17 #keacte4csm17 #tweetfleet #eveonline #npsi #funinc #ebwf

Ok - so the candidates have been announced and its apparently the official “Campaign Period” and time to start campaigning or something, or whatever we are meant to do between now and the voting period from 7th June to 14 June.

So I thought it would be prudent to talk a little bit about me. I’ve played EVE since 2004 and got into PVP around 2007 or so, and basically since then i have not looked back. If you look at my killboard, i have never been AFG (aside from holidays and moving home and whatnot) and EVE has been a constant source of pleasure, and fun, and personal development for me. There will not be many CSM applicants like me in that regard - i have never not subscribed to EVE since i first bit the bullet in 2004, and outside of my family, my wife, my best friends, and metallica, EVE is the longest relationship that i have had!

I only have one account - i have a trade alt to buy stuff in Jita, and the final character slot is taken up with the alliance lead.

For me EVE is about community, respect, and development - community respect, community development are absolutely key with all this. EVE is about people - it is not meant to be played alone, or in isolation - one thing for sure is had i not stumbled across an awesome group like Agony Unleashed ( i was in them from 2009-2018, making my way up to Assistant Director… the Gareth Keenan role of the corp! :slight_smile: ), I probably wouldn’t be here today. I really do mean that. Eve to me is about the community, and vibrancy - creating environments for people to play in and to grow and learn and develop - this is what makes people login for more.

When i setup the NPSI calendar - it was a bit of a leap of faith. I already had 1K people on discord - i started with just one - me - and developed FUN inc from nothing in 2018 when this was just a small idea.

The NPSI community gateway is my way of giving something back to the community - a centralised, visible, transparent and open calendar to allow people to create connection, develop friendships and develop proximity - a desire and need and want for people to login.
What i have tried to do is give people a community that they love, that they believe in, where they have made true bonds – and they won’t turn their back on it. Yes invariably people do - real life is tough - i know that as well as the next person. But what EVE allows you to do is to step back and remove yourself from the moment - and immerse yourself for an hour or so or more.

NPSI is perfect for that.

Now where i am going with this is twofold - the NPSI community is fragile and it is precious - the wider player base including nullsec blocs and alliance, and need to understand that , acknowledge and respect that. NPSI needs some love. The NPSI community is worth far more than it is given credit for, as it is the breeding ground for new players. The NPSI community allows for the development of relationships, skills and PVP almost 24/7. By developing skills, and relationships and a sense of belonging, I believe that the NPSI community can grow, and by association make EVE online more vibrant, more deadly and more dangerous.

I am committed to act as the conduit of the NPSI community to ensure that any developments in game are undertaken so as to not impact on NPSI operations, and that the NPSI community is not impacted unnecessarily.

The CSM has historically been overrepresented by nullbloc – the incumbent CSM is biased toward the large nullbloc corps and alliances with more than 50% of the representation taken up by Goonswarm, Pandemic Horde, Pandemic Legion and Test Alliance Please Ignore. This must stop as a very large proportion of the player base is not represented by any of these CSM candidates and their voice is by association not heard.

It is time that the NPSI community is heard, taken more seriously and that our voice is given value.

EVE online needs content creators to ensure that the game continues to be vibrant, and the NPSI community has them by the bucketload. By adding an NPSI community representative to the CSM, I will be able to ensure that the NPSI community has a voice which is heard, and any developments in game are undertaken by CCP in as harmonious manner as possible for the NPSI community.

Vote #KEACTE4CSM17 … help me bridge the gap between CCP and the player base to make sure that their needs are accounted for!

#keacte4csm17

#tweetfleet #eveonline #npsi #funinc #ebwf

2 Likes

i really enjoyed the interview session tonight - it went far too quickly - if you want to take a look and see what i was talking about here is the link…

1 Like

Keacte for CSM!

1 Like

ty @Rixx_Javix <3 a welcome endorsement from someone who i admire & respect!! <3

1 Like

Super FUN interview with @Ashterothi this evening - incredibly welcoming, and awesome roundtable - i thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity! Thank you for all your work!

Here is the VOD from twitch: interview starts at 01h33m14s

Keacte says yes to cat ears!

Definitely more people are thinking about having a structure in system for putting local online or offline or acessing and pulling this intel to your alliance or fleet or broadcast it all in local (as it is today).

In empire space the structure could be owned by the empire and broadcasted as it is today, but anyone could hack it and become a suspect. In non empire space then people should anchor it, it could be a big structure as a tower or small deployable that lasts for a couple hours.

Maybe the device/structure could have tiers and demand more hacks.

About cat years, what if we stop being shy about the subject and talk about the basket instead of talking about one specific egg? The basket is body modifications, so we should talk about bringing shark teeh, neck gills, reptilian eyes, pointy years, vampire fangs and even cat ears. People are doing it today on Earth, why wouldn’t they do it in New Eden? We shouldnt shy about body modifications in New Eden.

personally i think this would be a positive change across the board for local service to be disrupted - perhaps by a hacker or something, or anchoring a deployable that has a life expectancy - 30mins for example, so that local can be disrupted / interrupted. I am definitely not for a blackout scenario - that i can assure you - as the change needs to be balanced for the nullsec dudes who potentially have worked incredibly hard for sov (Brisc dont get your budgie smugglers in a knot) - rather, i am more into trying to level the playing field for a chat system which to all intents and purpose stifles content, with the net outcome to make roaming gangs more dangerous.

As an additional point, i would also like to see the rewards for ratting, mining etc in nullsec increased to offset the inherent risk of being undocked in null - and make it more viable to rat etc in null with the potential threat / risk of hostile incursion from roaming groups. This way you are incentivising the locals to rat, mine etc , even whilst the threat of advancing groups is evident because the reward outweighs the risk for the ratter, miner etc.

Absolutely agree - i am of the opinion that you should have the ability to customise your character as you see fit - this game is a hobby, and we should be able to accessorise accordingly. This also gives the art department massive potential to show of their artistic flair, flex their artistic boundaries and flair to the max, and to give us what the players undoubtedly want which clearly is cat ears.

the solution is much simpler tbh

I hub upgrades increase adm but lower bdm and give local - space is easy to defend/low krabbing amounts for keepstar’d home areas with indy facilities to thrive/new players to rat safely for crap isk

no ihub upgrades in a constellation means low adm/amazing bdm for turbo krab constellations with no local. add capital sites etc make it c5 isk comparable. risk vs reward

this also means fortified constellations are high adm with low effort (no more adm fleets) and people who want the risk can have a constellation the pirates “own” for good isk

nice interview btw

1 Like

A vote for keacte is a vote for security for the NPSI community, and a vote for the small and medium ganger.

Let me safeguard your game - let me safeguard your future in EVE.

A vote for keacte ensures that you will have someone to listen and to represent your voice, & will present this information to CCP.

A vote for keacte will ​safeguard your game - let me safeguard your future in EVE.

#tweetfleet #eveonline #npsi #funinc #ebwf #keacte4csm17

CSM voting will start soon!!

vote for whichever candidates campaign resonates with you most.

There are loads of really great independents this year and am super proud to be included in the mix.

Please dont feel obligated to vote for me (vote for who is right for you) - if that happens to be me… fanfuckingtastic - I really appreciate the support…

My promise to you…

A vote for keacte is a vote for security for the NPSI community, and a vote for the small and medium ganger.

A vote for keacte ensures that you will have someone to listen and to represent your voice, & will present this information to CCP.

Vote for the person that you can trust to advocate for you best.

A vote for keacte will safeguard your game - let me safeguard your future in EVE.

2 Likes
1 Like

Ty @Ashterothi - once again it wss a pleasure chatting!

1 Like

Some more testimonials from the community, with their respective ballot jumber for me !

Whether I am number or 10 - I thank you for even considering me!

Screenshot_20220607-084839_Samsung Internet
Screenshot_20220607-084516_Samsung Internet

Couple of days into the vote, and happy to have had a number of messages of support.

If you have not yet finslised, just remember that a vote for keacte ensures that you will have someone to listen to you & present this information to CCP. A vote for keacte will safeguard your game - let me safeguard your future in EVE

Down with Space Feudalism!

1 Like

I agree!

1 Like

Adapted from the original by Rixx Javix!

After some tech difficulties, my presentation at fanfest is finally up - go take a looksy!

Last day of voting!

Whichever candidate you vote for, vote for the candidate that can make your eve experience better!!

Good luck!