So, we started this wild ride in CSM 15, then moved to CSM 16 and we finally got back to being able to mine and build. Now CSM 17, in addition to the FW items needs to go back and grab the low hanging fruit and remove the last of the “Pain Points”
This will obviously be my last campaign and if elected my last term. Thank you for your support over the past 2 years and I look forward to CSM 17 if elected.
Make Industry tax use EIV instead of gross job cost for a base (so corps can actually tax usage and make isk)
There is still not enough Myko gas
PI is still horrible (wasn’t a possible volume change mentioned?)
There are still quite a few outliers in industry that don’t conform - looking at you cap guns and a few Other items that need to get rounded out (and down) to “Smooth” cap production
molecular condensers are still in “Tight” supply - I would like them to be put in the faction LP stores - this would give them a “Ceiling” for price - so make the ceiling “High” but not make them a bottle neck.
Jump Fatigue from Ansiblex Junp gates
Ability to have proper taxes on manufacturing/research in EC
Ability for corps/alliance to tax all sources of income (isk/LP/ore/incursions) - This was announced at FF - CSM has to make sure it is right for players
Ability to attack guns and services in citadels
“pochven” style PvE activities in nullsec requiring fleets and coordination and the ability to disrupt this
NO MORE INSTANCED PvE (ESS Key type stuff)
L0/1/2/3 Abyssals in HS - in order to run L4/5/6 you have to be in LS or NS/WH
DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE 50 TRILLION ISK LOCKED IN RESERVE BANK!!
More variety of keys (Master key, percentage keys)
More ways to obtain keys - and NOT instanced PvE
The 16th CSM has had a very packed schedule since starting its term in July, covering a variety of topics and meeting with every development team at CCP. As we move into CSM 17, I wanted to showcase some of the meetings and impact that CSM 16 had to better understand the role of the CSM for both voters and potential candidates alike. I would like to add, though, that weekly meetings are only a portion of the CSM duties; each member is also on our internal CCP Slack where daily conversations occur over a variety of subjects.
July was focused primarily on administrative tasks and planning for the term; introduction to teams, deciding what topics are crucial to talk about in the short and medium-term, and chatting with Team Axiom. Topics included the return of the Alliance Tournament, a discussion about the ESS Reserve Banks with the design team, and a formal intro with Game Design Director CCP Muppethunter. CCP Goodfella, EVE’s Brand Manager, also worked closely with CSM on the July Status Update Blog.
August saw some more focused looks at Resources in general, talking about the general strategy for the economic rebalance as well as soliciting feedback from the CSM on pain points. Team Odyssey introduced the new AIR NPE, as well as discussed planned additions to the new tutorial and early game. Following that – the CSM met with teams to discuss what was coming in EVE’s 3rd Quadrant. August ended with a high-level chat about the future vision of EVE with senior leadership at CCP - Director of Product CCP Rattati and Creative Director CCP Bergur.
September is CRAB season! Roughly four hours of discussion with the design team to chat about the CONCORD Rogue Analysis Beacon, where ample feedback was given at a relatively early stage in the design process. Concerns were aired about proximity to moons & citadels, and a lot of back and forth with the balance of CEQs. Immediately following that was a discussion about IHUB upgrades & sovereignty, with a much longer focus/vision. September ended with CCP Explorer and CCP Tuxford giving a breakdown of No Downtime Pt 2 and what CCP learned from the experiment. Then a bit of administrative planning to discuss summit options while COVID restrictions, where it was decided that there would be no in-person meeting in 2021.
October was one of the busiest months in terms of meetings, with close to 7 hours across 5 meetings. CRAB talk extended into the first week of October, where the CSM and Team Talos talked more concrete details; ship size discussions, rewards, beacon build cost, fitting requirements, and spool-up times. Later in October, The CSM met with the Live Events team (Team Ra) to look at upcoming in-game events, what players found rewarding in events, and a brief overview of what the CSM felt would be important to include in the new Daily Login rewards. This was very early on in the design process. After this, the CSM met with Team Little Things and exchanged notes for small quality of life suggestions that the team could work on. The CSM had prepared for nearly a month for this, however, they were not the only source. While there was much overlap, much of the time was spent giving feedback on prioritization, such as filaments in multi-fit.
The Player Research team was next, where the topic was generally on the User Interface but also extended into yet-discussed features. Rounding out October was a meeting with Team Tech Co to go over a topic not yet disclosed, as well as a high-level look at what information would be useful to see in the client in areas like local chat. Unrelated, but a go-cart was also featured in this meeting.
The largest issue for November was focused on the mining changes in the New Dawn Quadrant. The entire month was consumed by ample back and forth regarding the mining ship rebalance, resource doubling, mining residue, and everything encompassing the New Dawn Quadrant update. This includes not only discussion on the topic but also focused on messaging with the EVE Brand team.
No formal meetings for December, though conversations from November continued through Slack during the holidays. Seasons Greetings!
New year, new set of meetings! The headline for January is future topics, with a focus on the New Player Experience and Photon UI. For the New Player Experience, teams discussed retention metrics compared to the KPIs for the revamped New Player Experience, as well as a demonstration about the underlying tech developed for the AIR NPE. The CSM then looked at the mining segment of the NPE (later released in March), as well as discussing what is coming after. The NPE team then discussed about the future topics for the NPE and compared notes with the CSM.
Following that, the CSM met with Team Pathfinder to talk about the new UI and had a very detailed discussion surrounding how new features would be rolled out with the opt-in feature.
February saw additional meetings with the New Player Experience team to follow-up on the previous meeting. The CSM then looked at the team working on the new Opportunities system, as well as chatted with them about various tools and tests aimed at improving new player retention. Finally, the CSM gave feedback on the upcoming devblogs and communication strategies from the Brand team for the Road To Fanfest blog series and updates.
March was a very busy month for the CSM. Senior Leadership from CCP, CCP Hellmar and CCP Orca, spoke with the CSM about the upcoming PLEX4Good campaign to gather feedback and sentiment. Next on the docket was the Prospector’s Pack – where the CSM aired community sentiment and their universal disapproval of the pack. Immediately following that meeting, CSM met with the Senior Monetization Designer in the first of their guaranteed meetings going in the future.
The home stretch! The CSM had a meeting with CCP Emerald and CCP Rax to discuss the upcoming price changes, including discussion about the timing and importance of mutli-account discounts. Also met with CCP Psych and Team Europa to discuss Siege green release, blueprint, and material costs and adjust where required as well as citadel reinforcement timers. A few meetings are postponed for the Easter break and Fanfest prep!
Post Fanfest meeting with the CSM, initial meetings delayed due to post Fanfest convention flu and Covid. Had a discussion for feedback from Fanfest as to what the CSM thought and what they’d like to change. Discussed that the next CSM elections are open and having a transition summit/meeting to pass things over with the new CSM. Also discussed opening the floor to who the CSM would like to meet next in terms of who they’d like to hear from next.
EDIT: Adding CSM 16 things that happened