Kenneth Feld for CSM 19

Best way to get in touch with me is the Talking in Stations discord or the CSM discord (separate from the eve online discord)
I will put a list of positions and talking points at the end, but I am running late to the airport and I’ll edit tonight:

Good day capsuleers, my name is Kenneth Feld and I’m an EVE addict. Sorry, wrong group. My name is Kenneth Feld and I’m running for the CSM!
A little bit about me. I’ve been playing EVE for the last decade, almost to the day actually. I started way back when in the patch when Capitals were introduced, but couldn’t really devote enough time to really get the bug. I eventually got sucked back in when a friend of mine started playing too, and together we tried to plant our flag and build an empire. In high-sec. Long story short, it didn’t work out too well. So we ran off to nullsec to a group in Vale named Majesta Empire. There was a little bit of everything to be done there, but there was a big need to help out in the Industrial side of things. Next thing I know, I’m helping alliance logistics and running my own reaction farm.
This is where I really found my niche in EVE. Going on fleets, shooting people, roaming - that was all well and good. But maximizing efficiency with my reaction farm, setting up manufacturing chains, and making sure the alliance had the ships they needed really resonated with me. As it turned out, I was pretty good at it as well. After a year of doing it for the alliance and then for myself, I had accumulated quite the nest egg.
Majesta ended up collapsing and I bumbled around for a while before finding myself joining a corp whose requirements to join was an Arts and Crafts project. With the help of my son I submitted it, and never looked back. HABIT became my home, and I took my expertise to Pandemic Legion.
Not really considered an industrial powerhouse by any means, PL still had industrial needs. I eventually found myself being one of the main capital and supercapital producers for the PL. After the famous Bloodbath of B-R I was in charge of resupplying the alliance with Titans at a frenetic pace. With the industrial chains I had set up, within 3 months everyone who lost a Titan was back into one, fits and all. One of my prouder moments, really.
Since then, I have taken on a larger role within the alliance to manage and support all sovereign activities and make sure everything at “home” is in order. This is quite a task for a single person and Equinox has increased the workload dramatically. I have a few pilots that help now as well. Training the next generation if you will. Equinox is a great first step (albeit a rocky step at first) but with some work I think it has the potential to “Rejuvenate” nullsec rather than just make everything more tedious.

EDIT: I had high hopes for Equinox - but there are pain points:
Skyhooks - Once again the new solution is better, but the 1 hour window could be opened up a bit - and the variance closoe a bit
Jump Bridges - I actually liked the initial power/WF required as it would force all NS to collapse networks by over 50%, this in itself would go a long way to stampign out the “Nerf JB” cries. Now that they can essentially be littered everywhere - they should be looked at. I don’t much care if it is Fatigue or open to everyone or both as there are pros/cons of each - but they should be addressed
Industry - better, but I worked with Angry (sad he isn’t running - get well soon my friend) as we could tag team and we got good results) but there are still pain points that should be addressed. Specifically the 4% tax - ESPECIALLY for ME/TE - it is nearly impossible for someone to “Catch up” now.
SOV - more upgrades - We had discussion during CSM 16 about this and I would like to see those ideas come back around - I can’t say what was discussed per se - but I had proposed cost index modifiers, adm index adders and upgrades to increase PI output and storage (storage isn’t much of an issue now that PI volume has been halved)
PI - we don’t have enough time - but a “Restart butan” is top of the list - copy/paste is second (Much harder due to planet sizes - but doable with the volume changes not requiring link upgrades nearly as much)
Edencom got the short end of the stick and we need more places to earn LP etc - overall compared to Trig - it is in a bad place
Supers/Titans - They need to be balanced and out in the Meta ~somewhere~ and once they are in and USEFUL - we need to address building them, which is painful at best right now - but I am pretty sure that is by design. I am not sure we will get many concessions by CCP here - but getting them to a place of useful is first, then they need to be “replaceable”
ACL hangars - It is about time to beat that drum some more - we have multiple cloens in a station - maybe ACL hangars time has come
AT - It is back and alive - need to keep it that way

7 Likes

Glad to see you back in the running.

m

I like your style Kenneth!

With inflation of plex etc at an all time high as well as prices of mods, what are your thoughts on buffing rewards in missions? We recently even had to raise prices on our services, just like im sure others have, due to rising costs. But missions haven’t still yet been touched as far as even raising rewards, unless even doing that is really difficult to do.

Good to see you run again. Having your expertise on industry in addition to the market expertise from The Oz will be good to have on the CSM.

On Christmas EVE, 2009, Ken Feld lent me a pair of jumper cables so I could jump my car on a freezing cold day as I was stranded in a very dangerous part of Anchorage Alaska. He and I had met once before at the BoB BBQ so I knew of his compassion and charity prior but his sudden appearance in the middle of nowhere on an open sleigh really had me confused.

It was only later when I was recovering from mild hypothermia at home, that I looked at my post jump start Dash Cam Footage and saw that Ken Feld rode off into the forest on his sleigh all dressed in in a crisp red suit, trimmed with white fur.

It was then I realized Mr. Feld is really Santa Claus. I was not saved from a frozen death that day by your run of the mill EVE Online Enjoy, I was saved by Jolly Old Saint Nick who just happens to play EVE in the Christmas off season.

I am in favor of almost anything in regards to rewards and loot - injecting raw isk is the main problem now as it will just continue to drive inflation - but we also have to be careful because injecting items will also lead to the demise of the gathering professions - mining, PI etc - which is redistribution. There has to be a balance there

I agree with you on pretty much everything and I’m liking what I see.

I think that one thing that should be revisited on the indy side is the job cost calculation. SCC at 4% is an absolute joke. Sure in high sec, I don’t really have a massive problem with it there. What would be a decent alternative however would be keeping the overall fomula the same, but tweaking the variables, such as the following:

TIF = EIV * ((SCI * Bonuses) + FT + SCC + Alpha)

where:

TSec = True security status

• EIV (Estimated item value) remains as it does currently. ∑ all materials (Mquant * Madj price)
  • SCI (System Cost Index) = sqrt( system work in past 24hr / universe work in past 24hr ) changed from 28 days
  • FT (Facility Tax) = 0.25^(1 * Tsec)
  • SCC (SCC Surcharge) = 4^(1 * Tsec)

AND Tsec >= 1 AND Tsec <= 0.0, where Tsec > 0.0 assume just 0.0

So a table of these proposed SCC charges would look as such:

Formula with TSec Percentage
4^(1 * 1.0) 4.000%
4^(1 * 0.9) 3.482%
4^(1 * 0.8) 3.031%
4^(1 * 0.7) 2.639%
4^(1 * 0.6) 2.297%
4^(1 * 0.5) 2.000%
4^(1 * 0.4) 1.741%
4^(1 * 0.3) 1.515%
4^(1 * 0.2) 1.319%
4^(1 * 0.1) 1.148%
4^(1 * 0.0) 1.000%

And similarly modifying as shown in the tweaked FT formula to take the system Tsec into account. The other major change I’ve made here is to shift the SCI to 24 hours rather than 28 days. I don’t know how dramatic of a change that could be, I assume quite a bit, so maybe it should be smoothed out over 3 days to a week, rather than a whole month.

Is such a change something that you could get behind?

Edit: Typo

Job cost is a straight sink - Originally it was planned to increase the cost to manufacture so the “Big Kids” who didn’t pay market taxes actually got taxed - but the back end was supposed to be that the market tax for INTERMEDIATE and FINISHED goods dropped to keep the relative isk sink the same.
Sucks you do you the first half of a plan and “forget” the second half
Also - the 1.5% to 4% increase was after I left CSM 18, so I don’t know the reason, but I have some seriously good guesses
As far as job costs the research side of it is literally out of control and it needs a SERIOUS re balance

@Kenneth_Feld Do you support hiring (EVE Vanguard) Warclone Mercenaries as an attack/defense vector in Capsuleer conflicts? Like attacking/defending Planetary Infrastructure, Skyhooks/POCOs and Upwell Structures?

As a CSM would you try and pitch for CCP to make stack multi-split (splitting a stack of items into multiple stacks of same size in one go instead of just one split at a time) happen?

Will we ever know what beef you guys had with CCP recently. The thing Mike mentioned in his Update and CCP Swift briefly explained on reddit as a new ISK sink?

O7 Kenneth Feld,

Last year I asked eight questions and then compiled the answers into a huge mega-thread. It was massive. With the exception of MILINT_ARC_Trooper, no one had a thread bigger than mine, to be fair MILINT_ARC_Troopers’ thread was so weighty and knowledgable it teetered on the edge of collapsing into its’ own core.

That catalogue of replies is now a time-capsule and encapsulated within are the hopes and disappointments that CSM 18 candidates considered worth speaking about during the year of EVE’s 20th anniversary.

The responses gave voters en masse an opportunity to test and compare each hopeful CSM 18 candidates commitment to their claims of being community oriented, knowledgable, responsive and representative of player values. Given that the CSM does not directly control any aspect of EVE’s development and that the successful candidates are those that can identify existing and future consequences, co-operate with other CSM members, and communicate issues -from a player perspective- to CCP staff one-to-one, I’ve formulated a set of questions designed to seperate the compressed ORE from the Long-Limb Roes in this years election race.

Year-on-year the Independent Representatives, Solo players with single accounts, Worm Holers, Triangle People, Semi-nomadic Role-Playing Sandbox Explorers, and Salvagers, have been organising and gaining traction against the self-secure Null-Bloc Empire Candidates and their vast hordes of leather-skinned, evil, flying-monkeys. More-and-more players are choosing to vote in members they believe can positively impact CCP’s approach to the game regardless of their in-game affiliations.

Exposure matters, who are you, what is your clue?
As was the process last year I will post each candidates reply in a super thread, first-in first-served.

This years questions:

1. What ONE identifiable consequence requires CCP’s attention?

2. What PROVABLE evidence can you supply to support your belief in this situation?

3. What practical, and balanced change can be made to support a solution if any?

4. What support do your observations have from other CSM candidates?

5. How will you present your findings to CCP?

If you have already identified and spoken about a problem in your CSM candidacy bio at the top of this thread feel free to copy pasta that response where applicable. I’ll copy paste directly from your response to this post. Choose your goblet…. wisely.

Let the games begin, and may the odds ever be in your favour.

As far as eve vanguard - i am afraid I don’t know enough to answer your question - I would have to know what they are proposing - I am not against them influeing the game, but like everything else - how much they influence is up for discussion

I am not opposed to that - CCP karkur decides if it is “little” or not…

I am not exactly sure what you are hinting at, so I will reserve comment until I know exactly what you mean, then I will comment as much as NDA allows. recently CCP have done several things I am not terribly pleased with - this is the major reason i am running

1 Like
  1. 4% tax - specifically as it applies to research
  2. I made a new pilot and trying to research a frigate BPO was nearly impossible without a few months of abyssals or other isk making activities - plus I speak with new industrialists all the time and the number one question is always about this
  3. Change the formula for ME/TE research to lower the percentage taxed for the final product (I would say lower the tax, but not sure if that is on the table
  4. I would say unamimous - or nearly at least
  5. Same way I presented before - gather data, put it in a readable and concise format and make it “Easy” to fix rather than some elaborate complicated scheme that takes 3 engineers 4 months to code.
1 Like

Kenneth I want to vote for 2 indy guys and you will be one of them. Are you able to post a couple of recommendations for someone else so I can look into it?

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t know enough about many of them to really give you a good answer.
My Default would be Mike Azariah, because he understands a lot more than he would lead you to believe and he fully understand where people have pain points, which is in reality what we are trying to help solve/eliminate

1 Like