Kenneth Feld for CSM15

WHO is Kenneth Feld

Good day capsuleers, my name is Kenneth Feld and I’m an EVE addict. Sorry, wrong group. My name is Kenneth Feld and I’m running for the CSM!

A little bit about me. I’ve been playing EVE for the last decade, almost to the day actually. I started way back when in the patch when Capitals were introduced, but couldn’t really devote enough time to really get the bug. I eventually got sucked back in when a friend of mine started playing too, and together we tried to plant our flag and build an empire. In high-sec. Long story short, it didn’t work out too well. So we ran off to nullsec to a group in Vale named Majesta Empire. There was a little bit of everything to be done there, but there was a big need to help out in the Industrial side of things. Next thing I know, I’m helping alliance logistics and running my own reaction farm.

This is where I really found my niche in EVE. Going on fleets, shooting people, roaming - that was all well and good. But maximizing efficiency with my reaction farm, setting up manufacturing chains, and making sure the alliance had the ships they needed really resonated with me. As it turned out, I was pretty good at it as well. After a year of doing it for the alliance and then for myself, I had accumulated quite the nest egg.

Majesta ended up collapsing and I bumbled around for a while before finding myself joining a corp whose requirements to join was an Arts and Crafts project. With the help of my son I submitted it, and never looked back. HABIT became my home, and I took my expertise to Pandemic Legion.

Not really considered an industrial powerhouse by any means, PL still had industrial needs. I eventually found myself being one of the main capital and supercapital producers for the PL. After the famous Bloodbath of B-R I was in charge of resupplying the alliance with Titans at a frenetic pace. With the industrial chains I had set up, within 3 months everyone who lost a Titan was back into one, fits and all. One of my prouder moments, really.

How can I help the CSM

So yeah, Industry is my wheelhouse. In all I’ve built over 1,000 supercaps & titans. I was in the top 1% for all manufactured items in the game. I’ve witnessed POSes, Outposts, Citadels and ECs. I was invited to participate in the official CCP Focus Group for Citadels. I’ve done every type of logistical work you can imagine in the game, and I’m well aware of the pain points that exist.

Why did I choose to apply for CSM

I’ve always been interested in the CSM and follow what they do, but with the twice a year summit format I couldn’t reliably take the time off of work to travel. Now that the format has changed, I’m able to devote the proper time not just to the meetings, but to attend the summit as well.

I firmly believe that the CSM needs voices from a variety of playstyles. Not just representatives who know the broad strokes. I watched this last summit as CSM experts gave presentations to CCP and it was standing room only. I want to be able to share my knowledge and expertise directly, and let CCP know exactly how us Industry and Logistics operate at every level, from bookmark access lists I have no doubt

What can you expect if Kenneth Feld gets on the CSM

As far as what to expect from me - in a word? Honesty. I have played this game fairly exclusively for a decade and I love CCP, but I’m not going to shy away from telling them the truth. I know how to effectively communicate in a corporate environment and how to conduct myself professionally. The CSM is an institution that deserves respect, and I’m prepared to treat it as such.

Thanks for reading this far, I would be happy to answer any questions and I am fairly active on the CSM discord as well

8 Likes

Good to see you running Kenneth!

1 Like

Absolutely nothing you’ve written about specifies a platform. Kindly enumerate in detail:

• What positions are you running on?
  • What are major problems you’ve identified and your specific solutions to those problems?
  • What are areas of the game that could be improved and what are your specific improvements?
  • What distinguishes you from previous CSM members seeking re-election and others seeking their first term in relation to their platform?
  • Why is it worthwhile for you to run instead of merely influencing CSM members?
  • What concrete evidence can you provide us that you have meaningful ideas and engage well with the community? Your forum interactions are fairly dormant per https://forums.eveonline.com/u/Kenneth_Feld/activity

Background is good, experience is good, but neither of these things are sufficient bases on which to become elected or contribute to CSM. In answering the above questions, I hope you can better enlighten us as to your tangible qualifications and how you would be well suited to serve as CSM.

1 Like

Do you have an official campaign video I could watch?

I spent a week on a cruiseship with Kenneth Feld, and can confirm he’s the real deal! Without doubt, you’ve got my vote, Ken!

1 Like

Kenneth is a good dude!

1 Like
  • What positions are you running on?
    As noted in my application, I am primarily Industry focused - I don’t get too much into politics and/or FC type activities.
  • What are major problems you’ve identified and your specific solutions to those problems?
    One problem is the ISK Delta - I think too much isk is currently being harvested (Faucets) - although this has slowed during the last 2 MER’s
    Second is Industry as a whole is not in a good place - QoL improvements have come slow. I don’t think CCP has a good grasp on a small industrialist vs a large Industrialist vs a corp that has an industrialist focus. Clearing up those definitions and continuing on with what Steve and Dunk have been pushing will be my main focus.
  • What are areas of the game that could be improved and what are your specific improvements?
    I think the push/pull from Crius was never realized and would be much worse without the removal of teams, but we need to create more push in the push/pull equation.
  • What distinguishes you from previous CSM members seeking re-election and others seeking their first term in relation to their platform?
    I don’t really know many of the candidates from the current pool of applicants except a few of the nullsec guys and for sure they are way more political than I will ever be.
  • Why is it worthwhile for you to run instead of merely influencing CSM members?
    CSM is losing 2 of the more industry focused members and I don’t want that to wither and die. CCP needs to work on all aspects of the game, not just ship balancing.
  • What concrete evidence can you provide us that you have meaningful ideas and engage well with the community? Your forum interactions are fairly dormant per https://forums.eveonline.com/u/Kenneth_Feld/activity
    I have 40+ accounts - Kenneth Feld is who I am known as the most. I was in the top 1% of all industry based on the video last year and other than talking to people I have built for vouching for my expertise, speed and effeciency in this area, there isn’t a good metric to use. I am also not going to out my industrial alt corp so everyone knows where I buid, because it is obvious what I build.

Kenneth dude, were you that chap on TiS with Matterall not that long ago, Pretty sure you must be as how many other folk are making that many titans.

I cant find the vid but it was really interesting so if you have it might be good to link here.

gl with campaign, your ideas on a seperate plex market was also hypothetically intriguing. Got my vote. :+1:

Well i would sure love to see more focus on industry related things, with perhaps more events not just focused on blowing shitz up :slight_smile:

As a very small read one man corp focused on industry and mining, the latest changes has hurt that effort, building a capital/freighter or heck even a regular battleship takes some serious amount of minerals, loosing my stations did not help, i moved to low sec which makes building capitals easier, making parts in HS then JF to LS was ok but bit slow and risky.

I fly stupidly enough stuff ranging from T1 frigs to Rorqual, can be “fun” :slight_smile: taking my building fairly seriously but rorqual is plain overkill at this points with the pee size rocks.

You have my vote for sure.

Here is the TIS video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZXmw-Zr8lg

I am currently traveling - so I don’t have access to the CCP video. They were only available for a month and you had to download to your PC and it is on my harddrive at home - I didn’t upload to one drive. I wouldn’t upload it publically anyway due to some of the content (security concern) but I will gladly take screenshots to show…maybe I can just edit out the one part that is iffy and post the rest.

As a new player, I really have fun in mining, Industrial and Market. Eventhough I come to understand PVP is the main blood in Eve, but if nothing is done to make the three fields more interesting and affordable to newbies like me, I would have lost interest in the game. You get my vote for now.

1 Like

@Morizal_SulaimanHave you connected with a community yet? You are new you said how is it you have come to know about the CSM? You are a pilot who intrigues me :slight_smile:

I did join a corp that suit my interest for now. Got an email in my corp about CSM. It looks amazing and I feel excited to see a community that span from 2003 evolving. I still remember in 2015 ( or was it 2013), when I started playing, every time I went out of the station, there is always PK who will wait outside ( dunno whether it was bubble or warp disruptor) I couldn’t move. It was frustrating and after 4th killed I quit. Coming back, eve have become exciting and it really makes wanna stay and see how things will go on.

1 Like

That’s great to hear, love listening to new or returning players perspectives especially new ones talking about the CSM

I want to thank everyone who voted for me, and anyone who voted in general. Looking forward to an exciting year and lets see what EvE has to offer.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.