Kenneth Feld for CSM 17

So, we started this wild ride in CSM 15, then moved to CSM 16 and we finally got back to being able to mine and build. Now CSM 17, in addition to the FW items needs to go back and grab the low hanging fruit and remove the last of the “Pain Points”

This will obviously be my last campaign and if elected my last term. Thank you for your support over the past 2 years and I look forward to CSM 17 if elected.

Make Industry tax use EIV instead of gross job cost for a base (so corps can actually tax usage and make isk)
There is still not enough Myko gas
PI is still horrible (wasn’t a possible volume change mentioned?)
There are still quite a few outliers in industry that don’t conform - looking at you cap guns and a few Other items that need to get rounded out (and down) to “Smooth” cap production
molecular condensers are still in “Tight” supply - I would like them to be put in the faction LP stores - this would give them a “Ceiling” for price - so make the ceiling “High” but not make them a bottle neck.

Gameplay items:
Jump Fatigue from Ansiblex Junp gates
Ability to have proper taxes on manufacturing/research in EC
Ability for corps/alliance to tax all sources of income (isk/LP/ore/incursions) - This was announced at FF - CSM has to make sure it is right for players
iHUB rebalance
Ability to attack guns and services in citadels
“pochven” style PvE activities in nullsec requiring fleets and coordination and the ability to disrupt this
NO MORE INSTANCED PvE (ESS Key type stuff)
L0/1/2/3 Abyssals in HS - in order to run L4/5/6 you have to be in LS or NS/WH

DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE 50 TRILLION ISK LOCKED IN RESERVE BANK!!
More keys
More variety of keys (Master key, percentage keys)
More ways to obtain keys - and NOT instanced PvE

CSM16 highlights:

The 16th CSM has had a very packed schedule since starting its term in July, covering a variety of topics and meeting with every development team at CCP. As we move into CSM 17, I wanted to showcase some of the meetings and impact that CSM 16 had to better understand the role of the CSM for both voters and potential candidates alike. I would like to add, though, that weekly meetings are only a portion of the CSM duties; each member is also on our internal CCP Slack where daily conversations occur over a variety of subjects.

July 2021

July was focused primarily on administrative tasks and planning for the term; introduction to teams, deciding what topics are crucial to talk about in the short and medium-term, and chatting with Team Axiom. Topics included the return of the Alliance Tournament, a discussion about the ESS Reserve Banks with the design team, and a formal intro with Game Design Director CCP Muppethunter. CCP Goodfella, EVE’s Brand Manager, also worked closely with CSM on the July Status Update Blog.

August 2021

August saw some more focused looks at Resources in general, talking about the general strategy for the economic rebalance as well as soliciting feedback from the CSM on pain points. Team Odyssey introduced the new AIR NPE, as well as discussed planned additions to the new tutorial and early game. Following that – the CSM met with teams to discuss what was coming in EVE’s 3rd Quadrant. August ended with a high-level chat about the future vision of EVE with senior leadership at CCP - Director of Product CCP Rattati and Creative Director CCP Bergur.

September 2021

September is CRAB season! Roughly four hours of discussion with the design team to chat about the CONCORD Rogue Analysis Beacon, where ample feedback was given at a relatively early stage in the design process. Concerns were aired about proximity to moons & citadels, and a lot of back and forth with the balance of CEQs. Immediately following that was a discussion about IHUB upgrades & sovereignty, with a much longer focus/vision. September ended with CCP Explorer and CCP Tuxford giving a breakdown of No Downtime Pt 2 and what CCP learned from the experiment. Then a bit of administrative planning to discuss summit options while COVID restrictions, where it was decided that there would be no in-person meeting in 2021.

October 2021

October was one of the busiest months in terms of meetings, with close to 7 hours across 5 meetings. CRAB talk extended into the first week of October, where the CSM and Team Talos talked more concrete details; ship size discussions, rewards, beacon build cost, fitting requirements, and spool-up times. Later in October, The CSM met with the Live Events team (Team Ra) to look at upcoming in-game events, what players found rewarding in events, and a brief overview of what the CSM felt would be important to include in the new Daily Login rewards. This was very early on in the design process. After this, the CSM met with Team Little Things and exchanged notes for small quality of life suggestions that the team could work on. The CSM had prepared for nearly a month for this, however, they were not the only source. While there was much overlap, much of the time was spent giving feedback on prioritization, such as filaments in multi-fit.

The Player Research team was next, where the topic was generally on the User Interface but also extended into yet-discussed features. Rounding out October was a meeting with Team Tech Co to go over a topic not yet disclosed, as well as a high-level look at what information would be useful to see in the client in areas like local chat. Unrelated, but a go-cart was also featured in this meeting.

November 2021

The largest issue for November was focused on the mining changes in the New Dawn Quadrant. The entire month was consumed by ample back and forth regarding the mining ship rebalance, resource doubling, mining residue, and everything encompassing the New Dawn Quadrant update. This includes not only discussion on the topic but also focused on messaging with the EVE Brand team.

December 2021

No formal meetings for December, though conversations from November continued through Slack during the holidays. Seasons Greetings!

January 2022

New year, new set of meetings! The headline for January is future topics, with a focus on the New Player Experience and Photon UI. For the New Player Experience, teams discussed retention metrics compared to the KPIs for the revamped New Player Experience, as well as a demonstration about the underlying tech developed for the AIR NPE. The CSM then looked at the mining segment of the NPE (later released in March), as well as discussing what is coming after. The NPE team then discussed about the future topics for the NPE and compared notes with the CSM.

Following that, the CSM met with Team Pathfinder to talk about the new UI and had a very detailed discussion surrounding how new features would be rolled out with the opt-in feature.

February 2022

February saw additional meetings with the New Player Experience team to follow-up on the previous meeting. The CSM then looked at the team working on the new Opportunities system, as well as chatted with them about various tools and tests aimed at improving new player retention. Finally, the CSM gave feedback on the upcoming devblogs and communication strategies from the Brand team for the Road To Fanfest blog series and updates.

March 2022

March was a very busy month for the CSM. Senior Leadership from CCP, CCP Hellmar and CCP Orca, spoke with the CSM about the upcoming PLEX4Good campaign to gather feedback and sentiment. Next on the docket was the Prospector’s Pack – where the CSM aired community sentiment and their universal disapproval of the pack. Immediately following that meeting, CSM met with the Senior Monetization Designer in the first of their guaranteed meetings going in the future.

April 2022

The home stretch! The CSM had a meeting with CCP Emerald and CCP Rax to discuss the upcoming price changes, including discussion about the timing and importance of mutli-account discounts. Also met with CCP Psych and Team Europa to discuss Siege green release, blueprint, and material costs and adjust where required as well as citadel reinforcement timers. A few meetings are postponed for the Easter break and Fanfest prep!

May 2022

Post Fanfest meeting with the CSM, initial meetings delayed due to post Fanfest convention flu and Covid. Had a discussion for feedback from Fanfest as to what the CSM thought and what they’d like to change. Discussed that the next CSM elections are open and having a transition summit/meeting to pass things over with the new CSM. Also discussed opening the floor to who the CSM would like to meet next in terms of who they’d like to hear from next.

EDIT: Adding CSM 16 things that happened

9 Likes

I approve and am glad he is running again.

m

2 Likes

I may not agree 100% with Kenneth on all things however, he is by far the best (IMO) and will get my vote.

2 Likes

I really appreciate the amount of time and effort you put in to helping people understand the changes that have gone on in industry over the last couple of years. I wish you the best of luck.

1 Like

I am not leaving my wormhole just to do abyssals besides that I love instanced PVE. What you propose is a terrible idea. You seem to just be a candidate to fix your own game without much consideration for anyone else. -1

1 Like

That was an oversite - I just didn’t write in WH, I will correct my post - I am sorry for the confusion

The point is more to prevent the abundance of instanced risk free (almost) PvE from HS

1 Like

Technically already exists through NS incursion (whether or not those are actually run is a whole story ofc).

Also with the current ability of NS to lock out opposition (endless capability to drop structures, no NPC stations, long supply lines, supercap umbrella) - none of which apply to Pochven, any sporadic high-value NS events will just turn into a krab rave of whatever superbloc controls the space.

1 Like

kenneth there is so much to mention about your bright ideas .just a small recap .The industry patch that you where so proud off ,and you where talking left and right that you where responsible .Nobody can build caps.You eliminate the small to medium industrial guys .BP market crashed.Prices went up while along side with scarcity people where flying caracals all the time , so many people left the game with your bright ideas .You are bad for the game and pl . But what can anyone expect from you the guy who portrayed himself as the hero of pandemic legion that stepped up .destroy everything kenneth make them suffer.

1 Like

Thanks for your comment

Like a LOT of others you seem to confuse explanation with acceptance or even happiness. The original industry changes were not done by the CSM, they were crafted by CCP and you saw the “After” which fi you saw the “Before” it was a completely different story, which I can’t tell for 5 years.

That said, there was an end goal which is where we are now and with the exception of a few bottle necks which I am trying to get CCP to work thru we should be back to full scale building. It just took 6-9 months too long to get to the end.

As far as small/medium build corps - as @Nick_Bison above about that. Is he producing today what he produced before - no, but did he adapt and overcome and making more isk now - yes. I get those stories almost weekly. So, I am sure there were some small builders who closed up, but there were many who adapted and even more that started up.

As far as the timing, if I was in charge I would have started with revamping industry as it is today - negating the need for large scale scarcity for minerals as they are only T1 and I don’t much care if caracals are 10 mil or 2 mil. HOWEVER, you have to be able to make mining a viable activity, so some sort of burn would be needed to get rid of excess stockpiles from rorquals online. Unfortunately people don’t realize I don’t work for CCP and I don’t get to make decisions, and I certainly didn’t have nearly as much to do with the first industry as people think - but if that is your opinion, so be it. Have a great day and vote - even if it isn’t for me.

1 Like

kenneth should i start linking your interviews in tis or asterothy and then maybe you can remember what you were bragging about?As far as for small medium industry and your so called success story just check the forum post about the industry changes or like open the market in game …You are kinda the worst csm member ever .About the rorguals online the game was fun before that age also fun in that age not fun now you know why there is nobody in space now .just open twitch tv see the streamers everyone that was a good streamer and had a lot of funs is now gone , i mean industry played a part on it there where more stupid things also.If u think people will buy plex to fund their pvp in an all loss game you are delusional like your friend rattati .all that said enjoy your trilions isk in a died game ,you played a big part on the dying part

1 Like

I can’t stop you from linking anything you want - however if you are going to try and saddle me for something I had very little to do with - make sure to include the most recent industry change which i had a TON to do with and as I already explained it, I didn’t have to re explain what was going on.

Don’t forget to include all the mining and compression changes which I also had a TON to do with.

But, that probably doesn’t fit your narrative

2 Likes

oh rly so you werent talking about how the industry changes where yours and all? lol .Be a man …

yeah you are kinda the mosses guiding us to the promise land , get a life .(waste mechanics the industry pvp as u said yeah sure the 2ond industry patch was so good as the first ,still keneth u got a big mouth u had a ton to do with omg u are rly special)

1 Like

yeah guys vote for kenneth after he made trilions of isk while destroying the industry he doesn’t want to pay for his subscriptions the next year too .For the rest of the peasants it will only be a 4.99 $ increase per account

1 Like

Kinda proves the CSM is useless. Can you name one thing the CSM has actually had any impact on? Feedback CCP couldnt have just gleamed from Reddit or the Eve Online Forums?

1 Like

The problem with that question is the answers are all NDA

Reddit and forums are players - CSM are players - our sentiment typically matches those on reddit/forums - It is just more efficient to ask the CSM - The community team does scour the interwebs for information and use that as well. I would say 99% of the time it very very closely mirrors what we have already said.

The funniest thing is when something gets put out and CSM has made comments on it in private (3 days earlier) and CCP decides to release the forum post as is, then reddit and forums erupt and it changes 3 days later and everyone says CSM is useless but they gave the exact same feedback prior to the blog/forum post. Anyway, it is what it is. CCP decides what they listen to or not, they decide when/if to release information. CCP doesn’t work for the CSM and we can only advocate for things and give suggestions, but ultimately CCP have the final say.

3 Likes

Eve Mail sent requesting a CSM interview on behalf of Ashterothi. Looking to book this Friday - Sunday. Let us know if you’re interested.

1 Like

I replied in game - Thanks

1 Like

I back my friend and corp member… 3 cheers for Kenny

These items are a no go:
-Ability to have proper taxes on manufacturing/research in EC
-Ability for corps/alliance to tax all sources of income (isk/LP/ore)
-NO MORE INSTANCED PvE

This has no place in the community’s heart.

What are you even talking about?