Kherub Angels 3rd anniversary 1v1 frigate tournament

khan Kherub Angels

3rd anniversary 1v1 frigate tournament

★ Summary

To celebrate the 3rd anniversary of the foundation of the Kherub Angels corporation (founded on the 30th of April in 2017, EVE time) we will be holding a 1v1 frigate tournament in which participants will fight (duel) the dedicated duel alt @Widowmaker_Geten-Gogiko a ~7 mil SP alpha pilot flying the exact same fit each fight. The related public zkillmails will determine the order of the winners. The more efficient a kill is the higher it ranks (less total damage means more efficient), based on which order the winners will be able to choose a prize from the available prize pool at the end of the tournament.

★ Schedule

:white_check_mark: Preparations period Expected to last no longer than the end of March
:white_check_mark: Invitational participation period Before April 16th
:white_check_mark: Public participation period April 16th and afterwards
:white_check_mark: Prize selection period Once all the slots are filled (fights concluded)

★ Kherub Angels public channel

Whenever you are ready to participate in the tournament join our public chat channel “Kherub Angels” (without quotes, not case sensitive) and look for @Marcusson_en_Chasteaux (my main character) as I frequent the chat with him most of the time I’m online and let me know you are ready to fight.

:warning: Important notice

The tournament will be over soon so if anyone still wants to participate but don’t find me or my main in chat drop either character an EVEmail to let me know so I can plan accordingly.

As I am from Europe I am most often online according to the related time zone but will try to check in as often and as wide-spread (even beyond my usual TZ) as possible but no guarantees. Patience will be required as my avaiability might be random.

Also feel free to hang out in our public channel even if not currently (or at all) interested in the event / duels in general as it is for general chit-chat as well.

★ Tournament leagues

League Slots Restriction
Rookie League 1 / 40 Character is at most 30 days old at the time of the duel.
Intermediate League 1 / 30 Character is oldar than 30 days but at most 365 days (1 year) old at the time of the duel.
Veteran League 2+1 / 30 Character is older than 365 days (1 year) at the time of the duel.

Note: The number of slots can be extended or reduced on the organizer’s sole discretion if and as needed.

★ Tournament rules

• Only one fight (duel) per character per tournament (not per league) thus no participating in another league later either.
  • As long as the Primary target is not killed during the fight there can be a rematch or even several, either then and there or at (a) later date(s) as suitable for both parties, thus if you can not kill the Primary target you can try again, however once you successfully beat the challenge resulting in a killmail of the Primary target then that’s the entry to the tournament and no retries afterwards.
  • Less damage dealt means more efficient kill thus the lower the total damage the higher it ranks in the competition (based on zkillboard public data).

★ Rules of Engagement

• Only one limited engagement (duel invite, at the beginning of) the fight (thus if you let the timer expire then the fight is over).
  • The fight will take place in high security space (as close to Vittenyn as possible but can take place in another empire’s space if and as needed within reason if the Attacker has no access to Gallente space).
  • The fight takes place at a celestial, deadspace pocket, near a station or structure or any other suitable location previously agreed upon.
  • The Attacker can decide at what distance from the Primary target to start the engagement at (and choose other factors as well) by accepting the duel invite the precise moment he is comfortable with starting the fight (and also giving the okay for the duel invite to be sent in the first place when is ready).

Primary target

• Flies a specific ship and fit (see relevant section for details)
  • Will not use overheating, implants, boosters, EWAR or offensive capacitor warfare.
  • Will warp out of the engagement if and as needed if not prevented to do so (which means the fight is over if that happens).
  • Will not use tackle (scrams, disruptors or webs; thus you can always warp out if needed but do so in time not when too late if the need arises)

Attacker

• T1 frigates only in case of Intermediate and Veteran Leagues and T1 frigates and T1 destroyers only in case of Rookie League (this only applies to the ship nothing else, no other restriction, thus you can use any tech / meta level weapons, ammo, implants, boosters and whatever else, just the ship hull has to be a T1 frigate or in case of Rookie League a T1 frigate or T1 destroyer)
  • Only fly what you can afford to lose, including implants (just in case)

★ Primary target’s 3rd anniversary tournament Breacher fit

Breacher

[Breacher, 3rd anniversary]
Damage Control II
Mark I Compact Capacitor Flux Coil
Mark I Compact Capacitor Flux Coil

Shield Boost Amplifier I
Small Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Small Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Medium Clarity Ward Enduring Shield Booster

Light Missile Launcher I
Light Missile Launcher I
Arbalest Compact Light Missile Launcher

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I

Hobgoblin I x1
Warrior I x1

Scourge Light Missile x1000
Inferno Light Missile x1000
Mjolnir Light Missile x1000
Nova Light Missile x1000

★ Prize selection

• Intermediate league 1st chooses prize
  • Rookie league 1st chooses prize
  • Veteran league 1st chooses prize
  • Intermediate league top 13 choose prizes (1st of league already chosen)
  • Rookie league top 13 choose prizes (1st of league already chosen)
  • Veteran league top 13 choose prizes (1st of league already chosen)

Note: If someone doesn’t respond within a reasonable time frame to choose their prize then the next in line will get their opportunity instead.

★ Prize pool

Gila blueprints (at most x1 per league)

• Gila blueprint - x3 (provided by @Uriel_the_Flame and the Kherub Angels corporation)

Various SKINs (at most x1 per league)

• Bantam Exoplanets Hunter SKIN (Permanent) - x1 (donated by @Drago_Shouna at an earlier date)
  • Celestis Exoplanets Hunter SKIN (Permanent) - x2 (donated by @Drago_Shouna at an earlier date)

Blueprint Originals - x33 (at most x11 per league)

Various BPOs (provided by @Uriel_the_Flame and the Kherub Angels corporation)

• Fusion S Blueprint Original (10 ME / 20 TE)
  • Iron Charge M Blueprint Original (10 ME / 20 TE)
  • Cap Booster 400 Blueprint Original (10 ME / 20 TE)
  • Antimatter Charge M Blueprint Original (10 ME / 20 TE)
  • Remote Sensor Booster I Blueprint Original (8 ME / 0 TE)
  • Sensor Booster I Blueprint Original (8 ME / 0 TE)
  • Signal Amplifier I Blueprint Original (10 ME / 0 TE)
  • Vigil Blueprint Original (unresearched = 0 ME / 0 TE)

Various BPOs (gifted earlier by a generous donator who wishes to remain unnamed)

• Armor Command Burst I Blueprint Original (8 ME / 0 TE)
  • Information Command Burst I Blueprint Original (8 ME / 0 TE)
  • Mining Foreman Burst I Blueprint Original (8 ME / 0 TE)
  • Shield Command Burst I Blueprint Original (8 ME / 0 TE)
  • Skirmish Command Burst I Blueprint Original (8 ME / 0 TE)

Inferno missile and rocket BPOs (gifted earlier by a generous donator who wishes to remain unnamed)

• Inferno Cruise Missile Blueprint Original (10 ME / 0 TE)
  • Inferno Heavy Assault Missile Blueprint Original (10 ME / 0 TE)
  • Inferno Heavy Missile Blueprint Original (10 ME / 0 TE)
  • Inferno Light Missile Blueprint Original (10 ME / 0 TE)
  • Inferno Rocket Blueprint Original (10 ME / 0 TE)

Mjolnir missile and rocket BPOs (gifted earlier by a generous donator who wishes to remain unnamed)

• Mjolnir Cruise Missile Blueprint Original (10 ME / 0 TE)
  • Mjolnir Heavy Assault Missile Blueprint Original (10 ME / 0 TE)
  • Mjolnir Heavy Missile Blueprint Original (10 ME / 0 TE)
  • Mjolnir Light Missile Blueprint Original (10 ME / 0 TE)
  • Mjolnir Rocket Blueprint Original (10 ME / 0 TE)

Nova missile and rocket BPOs (gifted earlier by a generous donator who wishes to remain unnamed)

• Nova Cruise Missile Blueprint Original (10 ME / 0 TE)
  • Nova Heavy Assault Missile Blueprint Original (10 ME / 0 TE)
  • Nova Heavy Missile Blueprint Original (10 ME / 0 TE)
  • Nova Light Missile Blueprint Original (10 ME / 0 TE)
  • Nova Rocket Blueprint Original (10 ME / 0 TE)

Scourge missile and rocket BPOs (gifted earlier by a generous donator who wishes to remain unnamed)

• Scourge Cruise Missile Blueprint Original (10 ME / 0 TE)
  • Scourge Heavy Assault Missile Blueprint Original (10 ME / 0 TE)
  • Scourge Heavy Missile Blueprint Original (10 ME / 0 TE)
  • Scourge Light Missile Blueprint Original (10 ME / 0 TE)
  • Scourge Rocket Blueprint Original (10 ME / 0 TE)

★ Winners

Congratulations to the winners!

Originally every successful entry would receive only one prize (or even none if ranking too low on the tournament ladder) but due to the lower number of entries the prize pool is divided among those who participated (even if a successful kill was not achieved yet) and the amount of prizes are weighted based on their position on the tournament ladder.

Capsuleer Damage dealt Final ship of choice Prizes earned
:trophy: Rookie league
Aramis Artagnan 2,407 damage Algos Gila BPC + 1x SKIN + 7x BPO
:trophy: Intermediate league
Joe Bond1 4,837 damage Tristan Gila BPC + 1x SKIN + 7x BPO
:trophy: Veteran league
Insidious Sainthood 1,909 damage Incursus Gila BPC + 1x SKIN + 7x BPO
Dindil 1,912 damage Merlin 7x BPO
Polyphem Kill not yet achieved (Punisher / Atron) 5x BPO

★ Guides and giveaways

Check out our giveaways and guides at:

3 Likes
3 Likes

:loudspeaker: Invitational participation period begins :exclamation:

As the last bunch of the required items have arrived the tournament enters the second period which means those who received an invite earlier can enter the tournament during this period if decide so.

2 Likes

Veteran league entry 1 / 30

It was a very efficient kill, a sudden death, so well played. :slight_smile:

gf

1 Like

Was fun, Thank you!

2 Likes

:warning: Rule alteration: T1 destroyers allowed in Rookie League

To give a better chance of success to less skilled rookie players in the tournament (being a giveaway and fun celebratory event instead of being overly serious and hardcore) I’ve decided to allow T1 destroyers to be used by participants (attackers) in case of the Rookie League (while the Primary target’s Breacher and its fit is not altered in any way). (Note: Intermediate and Veteran League rules are NOT affected thus stay the same as before.)

1 Like

:loudspeaker: Public participation period begins :exclamation:

From now on I will actively promote the tournament in every NPC starter corp chat when have the time, also in local chats of some starter and career systems and elsewhere as I have the opportunity to do so. Feel free to spread the word so more people are aware of the tournament and can participate if they decide to.

Those who received an invite earlier but had no time and/or opportunity to partake in the tournament yet but would like to, can still participate just as anyone else.

Once all the slots of every league are filled with successful attempts the tournament will conclude.

Good luck everyone and fly safe!

1 Like

:warning: Rule alteration: Retries allowed

To give a better chance of success to all players in the tournament (being a giveaway and fun celebratory event instead of being overly serious and hardcore) I’ve decided to allow retries in case the attacker is unable to beat the Primary target, thus as long as the duel (fight) does not result in a lossmail for the Primary target the attacker can retry then and there or at a later date (can use the same or different ship and/or fit and whatnot) but once the challenge is beaten (the attacker successfully defeats the Primary target) then that is the valid entry to the tournament and no retries are available from there onward.

1 Like

There is still time to enter the tournament.

1 Like

Rookie league entry 1 / 40

After a few tries successfully cracked the challenge, well done! :+1:

gf

2 Likes

Veteran league entry 2 / 30

Another sudden death, well played. :slight_smile:

gf

2 Likes

There is still time to enter the tournament.

1 Like

Unfortunately haven’t had much time to sign in to EVE the past days and the earlier login / chat issues also didn’t help the event either. The tournament will be over soon (in a week or two at the most, maybe later maybe sooner, will see how it goes) so if anyone still wants to participate but don’t find me or my main (mentioned in the OP) in chat drop either character an EVEmail to let me know so I can plan accordingly.

1 Like

Intermediate league entry 1 / 30

Went well into hull but still made it in first attempt (speaking of an exciting duel :smiley: ) very well done!

gf

:warning: Tournament finished

And with that the tournament is concluded. Hence comes the prize selection period. Will post the winners later on and contact them accordingly to can choose their prizes in the following days.

Congratulations to the winners!

Originally every successful entry would receive only one prize (or even none if ranking too low on the tournament ladder) but due to the lower number of entries the prize pool is divided among those who participated (even if a successful kill was not achieved yet) and the amount of prizes are weighted based on their position on the tournament ladder.

Capsuleer Damage dealt Final ship of choice Prizes earned
:trophy: Rookie league
Aramis Artagnan 2,407 damage Algos Gila BPC + 1x SKIN + 7x BPO
:trophy: Intermediate league
Joe Bond1 4,837 damage Tristan Gila BPC + 1x SKIN + 7x BPO
:trophy: Veteran league
Insidious Sainthood 1,909 damage Incursus Gila BPC + 1x SKIN + 7x BPO
Dindil 1,912 damage Merlin 7x BPO
Polyphem Kill not yet achieved (Punisher / Atron) 5x BPO

All the prizes have been claimed (all contracts accepted by the winners) so the tournament has officially concluded.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.