Kicking Over Castles news discussion

Do you really think that people who created a game complex like this are idiots ?

I was mimicking what people always say when there is a change. I don’t think that (although I question their choices sometimes).

1 Like

I like you then.

Still cannot see why hisec and even lowsec cannot maintain the existing setup. WH space and nullsec can be whatever they want it to be but leave hisec alone.

I do however think that the War HQ should drop down to the WH basis or even better the War HQ have no timers at all and can be attacked at any time. Lets go the whole hog, why not, consequences and all that, hisec war deckers must have total TZ cover, that is the assumption that CCP is moving towards isn’t it. This would make things a lot more interesting for defenders, on the flip side war cost should go down to 10m per week.

Any ideas CCP? Or are you wedded to this simplistic one size fits all make it too easy for attackers attitude because nullsec are whining…

2 Likes

Sorry guys to interrupt you, but there is very important unanswered question asked by 2 people (me and Tialano Utrigas):

A ship piloted by the attacking faction (or their ally) can never receive tether from ANY structure whilst in enemy FW space.

Is it only tethering or docking rights too?

And the answer could affect FW gameplay already now, 5 days before patch! CCPLEASE!

1 Like

I have an idea, I have a solution.

When citas released, we had to choose 3 hours to set during the week. We had a huge table with all the days of the week.

My idea is this one : We have to choose a fixed hour, like it is now. and to choose some days, depending on the cita size. 2 days for medium, 3 days for large, 4 days extra large (you can increase : 3,4,5). Those days will be the days the structure will be vulnerable. It means if you attack, you down the shield, then the armor, like it is now, and structure will be the next day choosen by the defenser.

Result : it will increase the windows for attackers, it will keep an opportunity for defenser to have days set to be ready and to call friends for defense.

It is a mix between the ancient system and now.

If you do like this : 2-3-4 days, it will double the opportinuty for the people who attack a medium size cita, triple for the large and times 4 for an extra large.

If you choose a more hardcore solution : 3 days for a medium cita will give 3 times more possibilities for the attack forces, then 4 days for large, 5 extra large.

If you do that you give a small chance for the defenser, compare to what you want to do.

And another idea : you hack the citadel and you will have the nearest day for the structure (and the hour of course)

I like most of this. However it doesn’t address the main issue - the lack of incentive to attack structures. Safety fees need to increase, and some of the asset safety fee needs to go to the entity that brings a structure down, otherwise the only reasons to attack structures will be serious grudges and to grief people.

However, despite liking most of this there is one bad effect. Tiny corps may need to abandon using structures.

There is a day of the week that I cannot defend my timezone at all, and I would expect this is common for many people.

Decreasing defensive advantages is a needed change, but corps should be able to set at least one, maybe two safe days. If your one FC can’t log in on Tuesday, you should be able to at least be safe on Tuesday. Ditto for one-person corps. This shouldn’t apply to XL structures.

The old system was removed for good reasons

It was for the vulnerability of the cita, genius. They where vulnerable only 3 hours per week for a raitaru… Then they made you can attack whatever you want and created the armor timmer then the structure timmer. Citas can’t use anymore void bombs now… Have you ever pilote a cita while you where under attack ?

The system of beeing able to choose days was good. But they didn’t think of doing it for structure, bcse the citadel mecanic is still a work in progress. I don’t know why honestly they chosed like 1 day only for the structure defense.

Which is a good thing. Now hopefully the amount of useless spacebricks will lessen.

Sure if we follow your logic we will all be part of one unique corporation. Good game.

3 Likes

It’s only tethering, for the time being.

(Yes, we know that some would like docking too. I would.)

1 Like

Damnit, we need stop letting criminals back into Europe…

I do not think it is a positive if small corps are excluded from structures. We need dynamics that act to break up large groups, not to smash small ones. The growth of big power blocks is encouraged by current game mechanics and is bad for content and conflict.

I’d much rather see microcorps interacting and sometimes fighting rather than being forced to merge like happens on the larger scale.

3 Likes

Microcorps just as bad for the health of the game as ultra-large power blocks. They are not going to achieve something meaningful and are not able to. If they coalesce into medium-sized corps and start pulling their weights - then we’ll see content and conflict

Is it pre-update for station apartments revive?

In this update more control over vulnerability timers is moved into the attackers’ hands with the aim of making fights more common and Tuesday Alarm Clock ops rarer.

With this, CCP clearly states the goal of these changes yes this thread is full of people variously arguing, whining or begging that these changes shouldn’t apply for them because they don’t want to participate in fights, have to be able to control when a fight occurs for some reason, or spend even spend any effort defending their structures.

Eve has a major problem with a lack of destruction. Upwell structures, for several reasons, are also a major stifler of content. But we are all the content in this game, and Upwell structures have been unbalanced since the beginning. Even with these changes they still are, but at least, we are finally getting closer to a balanced mechanic with these changes.

Stuff is suppose to explode in this game. That includes your stuff. People seem to be conveniently forgetting there are three reinforcement windows, with a long timer between the last two, for you to do something to defend your structure. Maybe some of those windows will be on the attacker’s schedule, but it isn’t impossible to make an armor timer. Even if you do realize you can’t make the final hull timer, you still have many days to arrange for a defence, or prepare for the explosion. And if you really, really can’t, oh well, you got to be content for someone Kicking Over Castles. We don’t need a collection of ‘special-interest’ exemptions to the mechanics because you feel entitled to dictate exactly when someone can try to start a fight with you.

You are not special. Full-on timezone tanking was too strong, and just because you have less tools to inflict tediousness on your attacker and thus feel more vulnerable, doesn’t mean these changes are bad. In fact, that is the entire point of these changes - to buff the ability of the attacker to bring the fight to you, and thus hopefully to make fights over Upwell structures happen more frequently. This attacker-choose-the-day/defender-choose-the-time compromise is probably the most workable one that doesn’t freeze out one side or the other from ever having a chance to participate in the fight.

3 Likes

Then we need to see reasons for medium sized corps.
There aren’t reasons worth it currently. The only reasons are mega corps in Null, and WH Cor… Oh wait, that’s all sewn up by a WH Mega Corp also.

Yet CCP also gets it wrong, because if the defenders can’t make it with most of their fleet, it’s not going to make fights more common, it’s going to make fights less common. The whole point of a fixed day was so the defenders could pick a day their fleet could actually turn up, this entire change removes that.
Yes TZ tanking was an issue, but freezing out the defenders with keeping the rest of the system the same is not a good direction forward.

And it does freeze out the defenders often. And doesn’t solve the off TZ issue regardless.

4 Likes

We’ll see. The knob was turned too far in one direction for years. The game limped along, just as it will if the knob gets a tad over-turned in the other direction. Team Talos is all about quick adjustments, so let’s hope they monitor the situation and react if indeed these changes prove too onerous for a new set of players.

But I kinda doubt it. Before, so many more chances at a fight never happened because of a purposely set inconvenient day and time zone. Sure, if people stop even trying to deploy structures fights might also never have a chance of happening, but I see no danger of that. Again, we are in a state of over-proliferation, or as there probably is no metric to definitely say how many there should be we can at least say there is no shortage of Upwell structures in all areas of space. Certainly, there is some room to tone back some of the safety CCP bribed players with to ensure players used the POS replacements even if that means a few less Upwell structures get deployed.

Thanks for clearing, no docking restictions. Ok. But this is sad to know that situation won’t change, and there sill no reasons to play FW again.

I wish CCP were as risky with FW as they were with the Blackout. That dead FW gameplay have to be exploded with something.

1 Like