Kicking Over Castles news discussion

Not sure where you’ve been looking, but Cal/Gal FW in Black Rise and adjacent areas is undoubtedly alive & kicking.

I have not see anyone say that.

Proof needed. Also this reduction is likely to be in nullsec and I have to ask is the reduction also in line with the reduction in the player base.

I would argue that the reduction in the player base is the major problem with Eve.

That is your assumption.

All it will do is turn hisec structures into effectively easy to kill undefended structures. If CCP is making it more and more open in terms of attacking ability they have to do something about some sort of auto defence.

But if you want destruction lets apply a no timer instant shoot to finish off on any war HQ in hisec, that will get fights in hisec. Perhap in your wish for fights you will agree to this? Otherwise you are postulating for your own benefit to open up more structures to be blown up without any defence, just like the people you are suggesting don’t want to fight.

And here is the thing, I run along and look at structures, I hack them and find out their reinforcement day and time. Your structure in Urlen for example is set to Friday 18:00 and is fit quite nicely to fight. I saw one on my potential target list which as set to Wednesday 00:00 and that is not on my target list. The onus is on me to find those that I can attack without screwing myself over.

So if I as an attacker I can make that choice to meet my ability to attack things, I wonder why as a defender I can’t make that choice too, especially in hisec which is supposed to be more causal.

3 Likes

Have you read the thread? If so I’m wondering how you classify this comment:

Because it sure as hell sounds like “I don’t want to participate in fights” to me.

Lol, are you being serious? Do you really think that stuff is not meant to explode in this game? And if you do legitimately think that I wonder why you play?

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

1 Like

He has that choice in that he can stay in hisec and not put down a structure, but he said PvP not fight, it is not the same.

That is the same as saying stuff is not supposed to explode, which I have not done, you have. This is a sandbox, you make your choices, to assume that things are supposed to explode in this game is as inane as suggesting that things are supposed to not explode in this game.

You suggest that not me, I like fights and explosions, which is why I want to have the ability to defend a structure when I can do just that and not have someone able to waltz up with two Oracles and blow it up when I am asleep or at work while they watch Netflix with not a care in the world…

Your reaction to this idea perhaps or are you too chicken to reply to it:

You can’t cherry pick something I said and push your own angle and ignore my wish for a full out PvP battle over a war HQ at any time and to the death there and then. It is you who do not want to PvP.

Lets make it really simple, in hisec you can war dec any corp or alliance, it costs 10m but the attacker has to have a structure with a war HQ and it can be attacked at any time of the day any day and it can be taken down in one go. Done dusted everyone happy.

2 Likes

none of this matters if corp shifting is allowed. we was just decced, and can not get assistance
says open for allies, but then they get a message saying they can not

1 Like

An alliance declares war, all their structures are in a corp that then leaves the war, leaving the war to finish in 24 hours and blocking the ability to include allies in the war to help defend it, in this case it is a faction Fort in its final timer.

This is an exploit and CCP should deal with it by invalidating the war or leaving it stil open for allies, the second is preferable.

@CCP_Convict you need to deal with this. And reimburse the players concerned if you can’t get around to it in a timely fashion

5 Likes

And just what groups in nul do you think will benefit from this the most?

And as I’m sure you are aware - Presuming I am a carebear just because i don’t belong to a mega group that has hundreds if not thousands of members online at all times of the day and night, is frankly annoying.
Presuming it is carebears wanting to “play” the victim is just downright rude, uninformed and quite frankly about on par for the many narrow minded scrubs who post on topics they have little or no understanding of.

IT IS CCP who designed and released the current mess nulsec is faced with - Even after many many warnings from players, CSM, even some staff (who just happen to have “moved on”).
Mega groups, if honest will tell you this change will have little to no affect on how they “defend” their structures but it will enable them to dik punch just about any smaller group out there’s structures at will…

Funny how the value of “I built this and will fight for it” turns to sadness and dismay when a fleet of 400 or 500 lands on it in a TZ when your group is at work or sleeping because they have to work the next day and you only have 50 to 100 defenders.

Yes structure spam and TZ tanking need to be addressed but like the other recent changes this was done by someone who has no understanding of the different types of groups in NulSec and how it will affect those not affiliated with one of the blocs.

If CCP really want nothing but mega groups in nulsec who are all but invulnerable due to poor game mechanics - They are without a doubt, on the right track.

It seems the Blackout debacle taught CCP absolutely nothing about player behaviour.

3 Likes

Undefended structures should be easy to kill - they are after all undefended.

The only reason we need timers in the first place is because this is a persistent, real-time game and us mere mortals behind the keyboard have lives and a biological need for sleep. Having some timer system is necessary to allow both sides to get online at the same time to duke it out. But if you aren’t going to defend your structure, there is no need to allow these mechanics to be abused to inflict unnecessary tedium on an opponent. A truly undefended structure should be easy to explode.

Stop asking for special rules that benefit only you or are only there to tilt the game in your favour. If you want to remove all timers for all structures, I think that would be a little much but I will agree it would increase destruction.

But what is good for the goose is good for the gander. People declaring wars have to deal with the very same real-life concerns people defending against them have to so they get to play under the same rule set as everyone else. This is a sandbox game where we all play in the same space by the same rules, not have special rules that would force one side to be online for 6.5 days straight in order to maintain the war necessary explode a structure in highsec - earnestly asking for so is just being silly. You can shoot the WarHQ (and their other structures) as you have demonstrated, and you benefit equally from this new ability to choose the day of the attack as anyone else, even when they declare war on you.

Someone has to choose who and when to attack. I’m equally confused why think that should only be the defender, not the attacker. This hybrid system where both sides get to influence the time of the ultimate battle seems better for generating content than the extremes of leaving it completely in the hands of one side or the other. It’s kinda reminiscent of the POS system which worked well for so many years.

It’s at least worth a shot. If it is worse, it can be reverted. If it is better, we will all get to bask in the warm glow of the increased explosions from more people fighting over structures and all the benefits to activity, and the economy, that come with that.

:fireworks:

Not the point, my structures end up being undefended because the period to attack them will end up being too wide and I can’t cover it.

Isn’t that what people are demanding here in terms of removing the defined day, and what about the TZ, when will that suffer some loosening to placate nullsec, why apply nullsec rules to hisec, it makes no sense.

I said the war HQ only.

False, I pick who I war dec, if the structure is not possible due to day and TZ I don’t war dec it.

No we do not, there are different rules for different parts of the game, for example you decide to play as an aggressive player in hisec which has restrictions and you criticise them.

No, it is in fact going to drive more people away in hisec and reduce content as people are not going to bother with structures. Seen it too many times already.

1 Like

Whose demanding anything? CCP, specifically Team Talos, has made some refinements to the Upwell timer mechanics with the aim of increasing fights around them. It seems that it is you and a few other malcontents in this thread that are demanding stuff.

It’s not going to Dracvlad. This change doesn’t make exploding an Upwell structure faster or easier, it just expands the selection of targets a little. I don’t deny that there is more risk for undefended time zone tankers now (intended), and micro-corps with inflexible playtimes (collateral damage), but the risk for a defended structure has barely budged - if a fight was going to happen, it will likely play out as before. I could make some meta arguments why an increase in the scarcity in structures would be actually a good thing for the game, but I think this whole discussion has run its course.

In any case, it is coming, next week so there is nothing to discuss. I say embrace change and work with the new rule set. Maybe you’ll find it more enjoyable? I really do think you’ll find more content going on you can perhaps join in on and white-knight for someone.

People have been clamouring for the engagement window to be weakened, while I can understand it in terms of nullsec, the 30 days to change the timers is what I would have done and not removed the defined day. That is why the changes are happening, it is they demanding these changes. I am merely telling CCP to not water it down further and if they do then they need to put auto defence into structures, which is the only thing I am demanding.

I am however suggesting something that will create more explosions in space in terms of the war HQ having now timers and open to attack all the time.

It is, people don’t want to impact RL to that degree, especially in hisec, this will directly mean less and less people operating structures in hisec. That is going to be painful…

There is everything to discuss when people are screaming for more and want to remove the timer too. And when will CCP give into this too.

I will adjust, but if it involves not having a structure because I am not having the fun out of defending it, then that will be the work around and that is my feeling at this point.

I don’t , I expect more people to give up on the idea to have such exposure.

1 Like

Sure, there is room when it comes with timers, but that needs to be given back in some way. If the timers are going to come out at really bad days for the defender, then the structures need more self defence and auto firing.
It worked with POS because they fired back with more DPS, More points, webs, & old ECM, & couldn’t be outranged. Citadels get none of those and they get no force multiplying modules.
Imagine if CCP made command links fitable on Structures (& gave them a few more slots). & gave them strong bonuses on Citadels.
Imagine if remote reps could be fitted on Structures.
Now they really start to force multiply.

Instead they are taking a very simplistic approach of a pure nerf. With no counter weight.

3 Likes

Yes, absolutely. Which is why you are wrong. With the proposed system, it can happen that the timer will be in 3AM for defender. So how is that fair again? It wasn’t fair for attacker and not is is fair when the same ■■■■ will happen to defender?

I say fk off with timers completely. Give citadels one timer and let owner to choose the day(s) in a week and hours as it used to be in the first iteration (1day per week for hs, more for other spaces). And you will be able to hack the citadel to know that timer(s). The difference will only be that you will not have to go trhough shields and armor like before.

Seriously what is point of shields and armor when about everyone does that in time when the defender is not playing or his forces are too small so they cannot defend it? It is just waste of time and it is not fun bashing either.

1 Like

Calling somebody are carebear has nothing to do with what group they do or don’t belong to. They are called that because of they actions and mindset. There are many indi-miners in HS for example that I would never call a carebear.

Mega groups…dik punch just about any smaller group out there’s structures at will…

Nothing has changed as currently this is EXACTLY the same situation. Do you really think a 2000+ Mega corp worries about your timezone tank now? If they want your station gone, it’s gone. Same goes for the bigger HS merc groups as they have the numbers to hit any station at any time.

This is actually not what I’m talking about here…if you’re talking about rather large corp fights in HS, this is not the same as the little guys with their Raits…once you are past a certain size for a corp, you REALLY shouldn’t be here complaining about timers…

And to be clear, I’m not really ever talking about any part of space other than HS. NS is a totally different animal…

1 Like

I’ve tried to punch holes in this (Devil’s advocate) and I can’t…it’s the proper move as stated before when you first mentioned it. Active stations need auto defense of some sort to keep opportunist types (wolved?) away. LowPower stations don’t as they are abandoned and fair game for the vultures.

This would solve a lot of the grief here…

I disagree though that they should get any additional firepower to help active defenders (force multiplier).

1 Like

In the context of this game, please explain to me how a fight is not PvP?

No, I asked if that is what you thought… now I’m concerned that I’m attempting to communicate with someone who doesn’t fully comprehend what is written.

No, again, I asked if that was your position… you seem to have conveniently ignored that, but you can tell it was a question by the ‘?’ at the end of the sentence… also the “if” at the start is a qualifying statement, if that’s not what you think then why not say so?

Ooooh, i see now, I didn’t insult your manliness, which is obviously the only way to get someone to respond to a question. Ok then Mr Coward, I shall bite:

Sure… I really don’t care, I’d take it a step further and say why not allow NPCs to be hired to go in and covertly destroy any structure… all you’d need is a contract, a BM to said structure, and enough isk to pay for the service. I find bashing structures about as exciting as watching paint dry… dare you to do that!

Sure I can, it’s exactly what you’ve done.

Oh, and you’ll send me 5bil isk, or are you too chicken?

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

1 Like

There are many different types of PvP in this game and it does not all involve fighting. However I rather like fighting.

You are going off on tangents, coming out with wild suggestions as if I would support that, such as suggesting that I would support the fact that Eve is a game where stuff does not explode when I just said it is not necessarily a game where thing have to explode. So when you say that I don’t comprehend, I comprehended perfectly your silly game and called you out on it. And to even suggest that was my position shows what a ridiculous poster you are.

As for my suggestion you conveniently ignored it, and now you go off on a silly tangent about NPC’s, are you mad?

Here are the points that matter:

Hisec does not have to have the same setup as nullsec because HISEC is a casual area. It can be different, the one size fits all attitude to this is plain wrong.

The issues that impact nullsec and create people wanting changes have a different impact in hisec, this will make many people give up on structures completely in hisec, in fact there is a reason there are so many low powered structures sitting in hisec, one is that there is no value to them anyway.

If CCP continue to widen the period in which they can attack then they will need to add auto-defence to the game. This is the main point, there has to be value in people bothering to fit defences in hisec, because if CCP go any further with this at the behest of the people whining in nullsec then there will be none.

If the objective is more content and explosions in hisec than turn the citadel housing the war HQ into a one shot structure that is always open to attack and can be taken down in one go.

A large number of your player base is in hisec, don’t forget that.

Changes I agree with.

Reducing the time so we don’t get ridiculous waits to blow up something even in hisec. I had something about 13 days, it was really annoying and I ended up not being able to do it as I went on holiday the day before.

Making it 30 days to change timers and dates, great idea.

Your assumption.

PS, still waiting on that isk… chicken.

Cypr3ss.

Explain why it is not a casual area if that is what you think.

To give you a clue as you seem to have very little, I don’t have to form up to do CTA’s at some ungodly hour in hisec and can potter along without having to be at the beck and call of others. That is casual, if CCP decides to force that on me then I will just not play that game by giving up on using structures.

You seem to be triggered by me calling you a chicken in not responding to my suggestion about war HQ’s, how amusing.

2 Likes

Lol, just because you may not like the response does not mean I did not respond.

I refer you to my earlier comment

Maybe when you start answering others questions then you’ll start to see the responses you’re chasing… maybe.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.