Kicking Over Castles news discussion

Again, very constrained world view. First off: That never used to be an issue in the past before Rorquals. And since when is getting kills an issue. Why should it now? Secondly: Rorquals can still PANIC and safe their fleet from a few bombers.

There is no hypocrisy in what I suggest or what linked. The person there could have easily saved his exhumer fleet if he was at his keyboard and had used the PANIC. It is not my fault that people go away from their keyboards or use bots to mine AFK. Thatā€™s the same reason why Excavators die. What I want is that you are to stay at your computer when you mine. Carrier ratters have to do that and everyone cheered for it. Rorqual miners should not be different.
In addition, what I want is that this PANIC is not a safe all, defy all attacks button like it is now. If that Rorqual PANICs, it should be a strategic decision: Safe your exhumer fleet now but risk getting dropped by a dread just after, or let some of the exhumers die and safe your PANIC for later to safe your insanely good booster.

They use them because of their yield just as much as their tank. And that is the issue. You donā€™t seem to understand how much Rorquals have broken EVE since they were changed from their original role into the best mining ship in EVE that has literally no downsides.

And that principle is being obsoleted by Rorquals. There is very little risk with these ships because they mine so much and can be so easily defended. And you talk about hypocrisy? :joy:

And again you donā€™t understand a thing. Because Rorquals are what they are, you canā€™t just drop a few dreads and kill them. PANIC and their tank prevents that in the vast majority of the cases. That is why they need to be limited in the way that I suggest because this way they are actually engageable while still doing what they were supposed to do. And the economy would recover a bit because a lot less minerals would flood the markets, as well as Titans and supers would become more expensive again as they should.

In conclusion and to use your words: You do not understand a thing about basic game mechanics. And neither does CCP.

Sorted that for you.

I do see your point but what would you suggest the limit be - Between my whole alliance we can field probably 50 rorquals when a moon comes out, we need to clear that field as quickly as possible to reduce risk to our rorquals - Moon mining isnā€™t something where you can have Rorquals spread out as the ore spawns just arenā€™t that big.
So, do you believe that over half our alliance not be able to mine the moon ore because the Rorquals would be too close together?

Rorquals need to be more interactive they need to be more ā€œat riskā€, reducing active cores doesnā€™t go close to achieving this.

Eve has always been a game that encouraged multiboxing, the ā€œevolutionā€ you speak of started over 15 years ago. They donā€™t have to limit account numbers, which has been suggested many times over as many years but they do need to address the ease with which these mining monsters are used.

Personally i think removing panic and all offensive capabilities vs player ships (let them kill npcā€™s) would be a good start, yes i own a Rorqual and am aware of how vulnerable that would leave them, CCP made Rorqual mining too safe - Time to fix that.

2 Likes

probably that guy was me :flushed:

Because he was defending what was his own, LOL

@Sylvia_Kildare , yea, POS was painful, but not as much as citadels. I actually like entosis, but citadels killing and defense need improvement

2 Likes

I understand that you need to fight deflation. An always shrinking player base, assets piling up in the game, ā€¦ so you must remove assets from the game, no matter the costs.
And the cost is, you make this game uninteresting for small independant corps. The player base will continue to shrinkā€¦
Why? Citadels were announced to be our castles in space. They are just paper boxes now. they canā€™t be defended by even a dozen of players. It became so boring. For the attackers, because its so easy to kill a structure. For the defenders, because everything is just in favor of the attackers.

You really should find a better way to fix your economy. And to make the game less static. Limit the members in an alliance to 1.000. This would create completely new conflict lines.

This will not help. See ā€˜coalitionsā€™ which have no ability to group in-game but still exist. Doing as youā€™ve suggested here would just create more alliances, and coalitions with more members. Out-of-game comms is a thing.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

Sure coalitions exist, but with less direct means of control. With alliance leaders, who still have their own agenda. Separate finacial control.
Like in the real world, the superpowers do not go to war with each other. Regional warlords are seeking for more power. Create more warlords in the game, and want-to-be emperors.

Dude, you earned nothing of bashing high structures, like, nothing. Why 2 guys should be able to wipe every cita in high sec ? Does it make sens for you ?

Donā€™t do it then, if it is not fun. If it is a business, I donā€™t understand why you complain about anything. It is not like you choosed to do it in a safe space in a safe environnement because maybe you donā€™t like toā€¦ take risks ??? Risk is rewarding, remember.

One of the main causes of structure proliferation is not how difficult or boring it is to knock them over, itā€™s the lack of maintenance requirements. Itā€™s easy to keep them functioning - their main role as a storage & repair facility is unlimited and free.

• I think Helmar was right about one of the problems associated with structures Infinite free storage.

Structures should have a maintenance cost, not just citadels but all deployable infrastructure should require some sort of fuel (block, stront, heavy water, isotopesā€¦whatever)

• Without fuel there should be penalties

Remember the POS Towers, with all their faults, they still required fuel (scripts for hi-sec), they had a limited power grid that reduced storage volume and forced you to balance manufacturing, storage and defense. - that is the right maintenance profile for a player owned structure.

4 Likes

And which groups do you think would benefit the most from something like this?
Would it be the small/er group trying to survive in a game where the bigger the group the better things are?

Large groups would eat any structure related costs and not lose anything - Small/er groups would be forced to mine/rat more to keep up with added costs.

Winners - Large Bloc groups.

1 Like

The fact everyone thinks they are entitled to their own station is the root problem. If a ā€œsmall groupā€ is so small that they canā€™t keep their station fueled then so be itā€¦Owning a sailboat IRL isnā€™t expensive, itā€™s all the secondary costs that keep it out of the reach for most.

2 Likes

LOL, Are you serious!!??

I had to respond here, but you are aware that you are playing a PVP marketed game right? Also, I am going to assume you are a sci-fi fan so you will know that many stories are about miners defending themselves from the evil oppressor.

Surely you must be able to see that some aspects of the game will require security, have you considered working with people who can defend you and supporting them? You could even employ some sort of security personnel into your corp. Iā€™m not saying Itā€™s easy I just think we should all have a basic understanding of how to defend ourselves and our ships by working with others.

You are presenting yourself as a pinata and itā€™s no surprise you are being used as one.

1 Like

Hmm replying without addressing the question - Well done, trolling 101.

Unless of course you really believe only the biggest groups (Blocs) should be entitled to structures. Which again is nothing more than uninformed trolling.

My group works hard to maintain the structures we have, why should we be faced with having to dedicate more time to them just because we arenā€™t aligned to a bloc or other mega group?
See if you can reason that and respond without the same old rhetorical nonsense about being ā€œentitledā€

So you now are just resorting to calling everyone that disagrees with you a trollā€¦ok thenā€¦

You are 100% entitled. You think that because X you should be entitled to Yā€¦

You donā€™t ā€œhaveā€ to do anythingā€¦I donā€™t have to be aligned to a big bloc if I want to travel in their spaceā€¦most likely that will end poorly for me though. You want to carve out your little corner of the world but not have people pressure you to keep that corner? LOLā€¦maybe EVE isnā€™t for you and your boys.

LOL, not everyone, just the uninformed troll who talks about a part of the game they have no experience in as if they are an expert.

You obviously have trouble replying to posts in context.
I never said i wasnā€™t prepared to fight for my corner of space, I do regularly.
What i donā€™t want is some scrub who doesnā€™t know ā– ā– ā– ā–  from clay telling me we should have to put even more time into defending our structures.

CCP have already made it more difficult for smaller groups to hold space if not aligned to one of the power blocs - And you, want to add more costs to it.

Crawl back under your rock OR better still, play the game learn something about how Nulsec is played, then you can come in and tell us how to do it - Average account time in my alliance is 13 years, personally I have 15 years - So some upstart with no game experience coming here and telling me Eve is not for me, well i canā€™t say what i think of you only that you are the worst possible type of player. Anyone who believes telling others the game is not for them really should take a good hard look at themselves and think about why they login to the forums but donā€™t actually play the game (like you).

1 Like

Ok, you are just tilting that things changed. Poor you.

Poor you, Itā€™s ok that you just donā€™t get it.

Get a clue forget everything you ā€œthinkā€ you know and play the game which you are so critical of.
Come right to it, just play the game and give up your trolling. (the best trolls on these forums at least have a clue what they are talking about, it makes them at least interesting which is more than i can say for your posting)

You obviously have no understanding of what the changes will lead to, so Iā€™ll just leave you here, still uninformed and less than up to date with the current state of the game

1 more added to the ignore list - Such a good feature.,.

Lots of whining in the forumsā€¦got that covered already it seems.

The structures were replacements for towers - They required fuel for anything except the ship maintenance bay and had physical limits on storage.

If people who wanted to own structures could afford it when only towers were available, then they can afford to do the same thing now

• No services without fuel - This is not a new thing, itā€™s an oversight by CCP