Kicking Over Castles news discussion

Again and again the carebears play the victim at every turn, blame CCP and the megacorps for all their problems yet never realize that they themselves have obligations too…:frowning:

1 Like

But casual players never had chance to defend a structure anyway.

Right now, bashing structures is too hard and too expensive. It costs 200milion for war fees and, if the citadel is fueled takes three timers you have to be there. And it is annoying to bash it as it takes ages if it is not low power, requires specific ships and/or numbers and if there is a single person in citadel you need to field logistic ships on the grid otherwipe you get wiped out.

This itself was the biggest safety to the citadels. It was annoying to do, time consuming and it forced attackers to wake up in a middle of night to finish it or all that work and money they put into it was lost. Therefore not many were doing it.

But, if someone wanted really hard, then you as a causual player had no chance to defend it. You would need lots of allies to be able to defend anything but small sized corporation who are mostly going after afk low powered citadels. And even if you defended it once, if the attackers really wanted they would repeat the attacks over and over untill you give up. There was case like this posted recently at forums and it drove that guy to quit the game.

Tl’dr. causual players are not supposed to own citadels by the nature of this game.

It is still unclear what the new changes changes, I read it, but this whole mechanic is now so overcomplicated that we will have to try it first to see what happens.

Either way, if it helps attackers, then we will see more content and less citadel spam. Isn’t that what we all wanted? So why it is wrong again? :smiley:
Seriously it seems like nothing CCP can do will be taken positively.

3 Likes

How casual is casual.
Is a 50 person Corp who only play on weekends casual or serious?
Allowing them to pick the hull timer day let them defend a structure, sure not vs a 5000 megablob, but a 50 man Corp can put a fleet on grid worth something.
Now… whoops, hull timer came out on Tuesday, they have 1 guy off work sick. Oh well. No defence.

8 Likes

Yes playing only at week is a definition of casual player, although that kind of corp is able to defend their structure right now, or should be unless massive scale attack like PIRAT or some nullsec block.

It is really problematic issue.

I see how it sucks that these types of corporation will no longer be able to defend their structure effectively.

On another hand, waiting 11 days and 16hours for the last timer was stupid and extremely annoying. Current rules were too much into defender favor which is easy to be seen by the number of citadels in highsec. Also their cost dropped far too much, I suppose because there is lower destruction thus lower demand, I wonder if it is even worth to build for sale now, Raitaru especially.

Maybe the problem are the layers/timers. If there was just single timer that defender can set, it would be probably much better for all of us.

2 Likes

Correct. But for bashers, they don’t go after active stations as there is no point when so many inactive ones are around. Vladdy doesn’t get that part at all…

Incorrect. If you do it correctly, 100M. With the new KoC rules, it only will be more than 100M if you really screw it up.

2 Likes

Can you tell me how I am doing it wrong right now then when I have to wait 9-11 days for last timer no matter if it is low power or not? I was and am talking about highsec and current citadel bash rules.

I am of course not taking into consideration the case when FOB or Triglavian NPCs does the first timer or some other corporation that is smaller than you so you can wardec them as well and see what happens.

1 Like

Nailed%20It

11 Likes

Sure! Love to…

1. Scan the station and learn the timer’s day/time.
  2. WD about 3 hours after this time on that day. So if the timer is set for Monday at 18:00 then WD on Monday at 21:00
  3. 24 hours later you can attack and drop the shields. using the above example, that would be Tuesday just after 21:00 …It is important to note that you only have a 12 hour window MAX here to drop the shields/armor so don’t miss this window else you will be paying another 100M later
  4. The final timer will be told to you…
  5. Bash it

Of course this is invalid after the 10th…

1 Like

“Free market” is not gambling, just like EA’s loot boxes are “surprise mechanics”

I somehow feel CCP Mittani is behind this whole citadel timer thing.

1 Like

I am a Industry player, I am not a combat player. Combat for my characters is unprofitable, and counter productive. In my opinion this makes ownership of structures even more undesirable than the last group of changes. The lack of consideration for Industry players makes the game less desirable. Industry players frequently have multiple accounts. I was playing with someone with nineteen accounts, all with three characters, all Omega. He gave up this past spring. I have four accounts, and I am thinking of doing the same. For a game where players make almost everything, what will happen when there is no one making anything? Stop making us pinatas.

10 Likes

Meh, they can do what they want with the game. A 50k avg was not good enough for CCP, or maybe to good?

What single business decision that you’ve made for CCP would you take back if you could, and how would you have done it differently
knowing what you know now? (Challenge: please pick something other than the response to the monocle protests… too long ago)
“CCP grew too fast during the years 2008 – 2010, I should have shown more patience and pace.”

Maybe CCP doesn’t want a large player base? No TDI if the numbers are few. They certainly don’t seem to be bringing back anything that brought those numbers in, in the first place? So why not shake the tree and see what falls out. :smiley:

3 Likes

You know most things are made in NS right?

You also know that there is about to be a huge boon to manufacturing too right?

You also know that station bashers don’t attack active stations right?

1 Like

I was not aware of this… should I be training up my making stuff skills or is it more of a boon for the ‘already doing it’ people?

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

2 Likes

What percentage of the market are you responsible for producing?

1 Like

Small wormholes entities say thank you CCP. Now we have to wake up at 3-4 a.m. Because of facing during the week our regular big groups in E.U. timezone we have to face U.S. Timezone too ! The opposit is true too (U.S. /E.U).

So yeah, a lot of cita will fall down, remooving more content in wh space. Less people active who lives there means less people to meet. Sad, i saw an increasing population in anoikis those days.

So what will happen ? Small groups won’t be able to defend against zergs, they will evacuate ships and assets, don’t return in wh space. Op success ? Is it really op success ?

Big alliances will be affected by that really ?

What indipendant means anymore ?

What is the goal behind ? Are the servers full of too many informations that you need players to remoove citas to help the server ?

I don’t really understand but we will see what will happen.

4 Likes

Was this a thing before?

1 Like

Yeah there is a lot of them, 30 ships with 5-6 logi and stuff, and all in leshak now, don’t take a lot of time to take down a cita. They reach too fast max dps allready. It is just in case someone undock to blap him really quick.

2 Likes

It takes exactly the same amount of time as before…nothing was done to the max DPS numbers so…

1 Like

Yeah but if I remember well, this amount of dps was made when triglavians ships where not released…

The trick is now we can’t form up when we can to defend, attackers got the totall supremacy. So we can’t do anything. If you try to call help and you don’t have friends in a different timezone, you are done.

You can also delete the hacking system, no need anymore, sad because it was fun to do.

5 Likes

All it means is they need less ships to do the job, freeing up others for logi or support or whatever. The stations still have a MAX DPS they will take so the time has not changed.

This is true BUT you are assuming that the attacker can get people to attack on odd days too which probably isn’t the case.

Actually that is still needed as you need to know when the window opens…

1 Like