Kicking Over Castles news discussion

dont get the comoution around it by the guys screaming oh no it favours the attacker so much. Defenders still chose the time … just not the day anymore so if it gets refed in the morning but you are active in the evening the min duration for the rf will be applied and then the NEXT timewindow you set ±3 hours will be the timer.

the tz tankzers just gone cry cause they cant garante its a midweek anymore and the attackers can plan so the tz tanked structure hits a weekend wich is good TZ tanking is a more than not ideal thing to have anyway.

1 Like

Well i followed every steps of cita creation from the beginning till now.

It takes 20 to 30 minutes for each steap, shield, armor, hull. I mean, it is fast. Cita can’t defend themself efficiently, they don’t have voids bomb anymore, jam system changed. It is clear and written : you have to defend your cita.

Big groups got no issue to do it, small entities are done.

We are not talking about pos, who can autoattack and are way more long to destroy.

2 Likes

Yeah and if you want to organize your defense with mates who are just avaible certains days and not others ?

1 Like

The ±3 hour window is tough for the attacker (a bit) because now they need people to say they will be around during that time…this is only during the planning stage when you don’t know the final reinforcement time. Blek…

1 Like

Here for 20 minutes or 30 ?

1 Like

Yeah and it means all the citadells will fall down at the same moment, you don’t have any cita to put your stuff in. You have to evacuate everything.

Why not, but it is clearly easy to clean an entire system fast.

1 Like

Yes but that has not changed…it’s still the same as before.

No because if you are marked for death by a big crew then you are dead regardless of anything. Small crews will usually ignore an operational station as they are too annoying to crack. There is always another low power one near so.

POS were also ignored by opportunistic attackers. But yes they were a bit more dangerous when powered.

1 Like

These changes will be great, so long as CCP understands that the days of the hard core players are rapidly diminishing. Serving the needs of the hard core players will ultimately lead the casual players to do something else, and they are the bread and butter of games these days.
If CCP wanted to reduce vacant citadels, they could simply turn off reinforced timers to low power citadels.
If CCP wanted to increase the risk for larger corporations, they would turn off asset safety for capital sized ships and above.
If CCP wanted to make the game more variable and interesting, they could have the systems in the galaxy move, with gates realigning to closer systems.
If CCP wanted to shake up industry, they could make moon products randomly change from week to week.
If CCP wanted to increase player count and system interaction, they could delete vacant systems.
If CCP wanted to make killing citadels more variable, they could make a purely random come out of reinforcement timer, so that when it comes out is the luck of the draw.
If CCP wanted to listen to the largest mass of players, they could have players post suggestions and the players vote on them.

This change doesn’t actually seem to be doing a hell of a lot of anything other than making those who have the players and the ships better able to kill citadels…

Thankfully I have lots of popcorn to see how this turns out.

8 Likes

I have to ask. You seem nice so don’t take this the wrong way. But if you folks are that small, do you really think owning a station in WS should be easy? I mean, I get HS people complaining but WS? Heck you can make that ISK back so quickly…you should think of those stations as being disposable.

1 Like

Great post…

While I like this change as it suits me, CCP could have done more and better as you pointed out so well.

2 Likes

I am the police, whpd, wormhole police department and I patrol a lot. I see a lot of astrahus, raitaru online own by small corps. In different class of wormholes. Allready now the low powered are targetted and i see less and less of them.

I don’t know what to think honestly. The fact that all the cita can be chained and fall down at the same time… I don’t know.

1 Like

We don’t have asset safety darling… The risks are different and I am just asking myself if i wont return under a pos simply.

1 Like

Then band together! Help each other out.

What! There are Low Powered stations in WS!?!

Regroup. When things change, if it’s that bad for you, make a plan B. You’ll be fine.

1 Like

You don’t understand what indipendant means ? We don’t want all to be part of goons or something extra big maybe…

Yes they still are some but few

Even if you regroup for defense, most of the time a corporation got his own life span, activ hours and activ days also.

If you can say : ok this day is when the structure will be vulnerable and this is our last chance to save our cita then yes, you can organize your defense. With this patch it is not possible anymore. We are speaking about the last timmer, the structure, the last chance the defenser have.

They will simply take adventage during the week and not during the weekend.

2 Likes

Ok but you can’t have it all your way. There is a price to pay for checking all those boxes and CCP just added a new box.

I agree with you. It’s tough and tough in WS with the timers being so fast. BUT, sorry to say this as you seem nice, that’s WS. Same as before and now a bit harder.

This doesn’t mean you are losing your station, it just means that if you are attacked, the odds are higher you will. I wish you luck…

1 Like

The actual system is ballanced : attacker can attack at every moment, attack and denfense are equal for the armor, and the last defense is on the defense side. Not anymore. The purpose is to give attackers all the cards.

Eve is number, I love to fight outnumbered, but when you are more than outnumbered there isn’t even a fight.

Of course we will adapt, we always did it, and this is why I don’t know what to think for now. Only the experience will show us what will happen.

But I know one thing, even a keepstar was not able to defend herself against 200 ravens 400 km away.

A simple 200m raven.

4 Likes

Also, if CCP wants to make high sec less safe, they could develop active combat between the different factions. Have the faction NPC stations destructable. Make systems with NPC stations high sec, and only those where a faction has a foot hold patrolled. Let them roam the galaxy and take on the player base unless your corp has good enough faction with them.

If they want to make alliances and corps more dynamic, they could add monthly fees for maintaining alliances and corps based on member count.

3 Likes

Like how in the mafia, you need to pay your tribute to the boss in order to stay in their good graces. The added financial pressures might lead to some interesting issues

2 Likes

It should be on a sliding scale, the more members the higher tax per member.

No representation without taxation!

2 Likes

I really like this idea

4 Likes