Kicking Over Castles news discussion

Except that we did and it was fun. So what else do you get wrong?

Not my fault people are not playing the game correctly.

And it is tough that you have to defend a War HQ.

Again I have an active structure with defences, I want it to defend itself, I find it fun operating those defences, but with the changes here and people asking for no TZ at all then I might as well not bother, which is my point. And if you were not so desperate to have an argument with me which is your forum game then you would not be a complete moron with your answers which is why I will be blocking you again.

It is amusing that you disagree with me and agree with Nevyn when he is agreeing with me. Strange that isnā€™t it?

This is the sort of answer an intelligent player makes, we have had our differences in opinion at times.

Again the point that is important.

I am perfectly happy with lowsec, nullsec and WH being tougher as in needing more people with round the clock coverage, but hisec is a different client base.

CCP needs to think about this one size fits all attitude in terms of structures and that to have one in hisec has to have the same level of setup as a major nullsec block, especially as it does not actually apply in terms of bonuses for example. CCP think about itā€¦

1 Like

Autodefense for the old POSā€™s became such a mess, that game design decided not to go that route for the new structures. CCP would have to design an Ai for a new auto-defense system that would take many factors into account, and players would still mess up ACLā€™s, lose a ship (probably a jump freighter alt) and create support tickets.

We took out someone doing what you do, he war decked one of our group, so we piled in on him and defeated him, I also made it so the guy failed his final timers on two low powered structures, then he joined up with a bigger group and then got them to war dec us and we are kicking his butt again. Again you have no idea mate.

Step by step they are moving in that direction, if you do not have auto defence at all then you canā€™t go there. I know you donā€™t like me and want to have an argument with me, I donā€™t like you either, but without auto defence like the POSā€™s have you just cannot do it.

I donā€™t want your war HQ to be an easy touch mate, simple as, and I have no issue with the fact that low powered structures are easy as people have abandoned them.

I am perfectly fine with you attacking them too.

Still you agree with Nevyn that he has a point when he agrees with what I was getting at. I may have gone at this with a bit of a rant, I accept that, and it triggered you, but you are easily triggered by me. But the issue is Hisec is not nullsec and you have to tailor the game for the player types.

I feel like when I reply to you I am wasting my time because you just want a fight. So I am going to try to work out who you are in game and I will come and blow up your war HQ because why notā€¦

I understand the issues but if it comes down to forcing the defender to have a structure that is a walk in the park when he is not around then we start to have an issue in not enabling some sort of auto defence. Hisec is not nullsec, it is the area for more casual individual players, hell there is a war dec system too. Why make it a one size fits all setup.

2 Likes

if this happens, this are the results:

• null - no more quick deployment of small citadels in contested regions, results into more security of nullsec crabs, after shooting citadel down, all assets are ā€œtransportingā€ to safety citadel, what sucks - if you wanna changes, than let it burn down! otherwise its only a safety hand over nullbears!
  • low - who cares, its almost dead in most of the systems - except Purplehelmed Warriors, and few others almost unknown low-sec corps/alliances
  • Wormholes - very unbalanced - big eviction Corps will farm the Wormholes for loot, and to be frankly, there is almost no chance to defend against Singularity, Inner Hell, Lazerhawks, etc. so it will be pinata hunt in wormholes. Add more structures, to have more defending options in WH then, if you wanna have some variety in WHs
1 Like

Hey, it would be great if we get some examples.
With the OLD POS System we had some better options as defender.

• self defence from the POS (if people are to stupied and mess up the System, there bad)
  • strontium for the RF Timer. As POS owner i was abe to set the RF Timer.
  • More Self defence options then with the zitadels.

Shot down a good death star take hours and you had to bring a 30+ man Group.
Taking down a Astraus is like steal a child a lollyā€¦ if there is no one online ā€¦ 4 DPS BC and the M Zitas are in the RF Timer.

You want to have more fights for the Zitasā€¦
ā€¦ stop the Asset Saftyā€¦ this i why people not interessted in NullSec shooting Zitas.
In W-Space we have no Asset Safty ā€¦

With this system you only punish people to be offline for familie and work.

5 Likes

What mess for the pos ? If you know how to set it it works.

1 Like

I agree with you but if they remoove the asset safety in null, I meanā€¦ Have you seen the reaction about black out ? Null sec will turn into an open butchery and big alliance will zerg for loot everything.

Game will die. We will have 1-2 big alliances in null and this is it.

3 Likes

You have 1 - 2 Big Alliances in NS :wink:
Only why to get more real People into NS is, break up the old big one ā€¦ to have some fresh Air for new people into NS.

1 Like

This is why i did a suggestion in the past about put a limit in alliance size. To create several ā€œsmallā€ alliances human size and create diversity and have a real interrest in the capture the flag system : sov.

I see a lot of empty null sec space but flag by big alliances. They want and they have an ENORMOUS empire, in fact they live in what ? couples of solar systems.

1 Like

We had this anno 2009. Alliance sizes were limited by Skill.

1 Like

lets take a look, how many corps have XY citadels under umbrella, so it will be not so tragic as with blackout. When corp loose citadel in WH, its gone for ever, but if nullbears loose citadel in null, it doesnt matter, the assets will be delivered in other citadel, its neverending circle of ā€œrebirthā€, so they donĀ“t loose anything in that way - unless they are AFK mining or ratting.
CCP wanna make EVE great again, but they are talking only with nullsec poeple (mostly) and doesnt care about small scall brawls which are more interesting as F1 button in bigger fleets.
I always wonder, why there is no group in CCP, they take care for WH

Interresting, thank you for the information. Was the game more interresting ?

Well you have to satisfy the number, and the fact is : players want to join the biggest entity to be safe or feel strong or to have protection.

This is a human reaction.

And number is in null sec.

1 Like

CCP Convict, or CCP in general, your article is unclear. Can you please confirm if this change affects BOTH timers, from shield->armor and armor->hull, or just THE FINAL timers, armor->hull or shield->hull if low powered.

Please, because this has vastly greater effects on everything if its both, over if its only the latter.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Only about 20% of characters live in NS and players likely far less than that for players. It could all burn and Eve would still go on. No need to be over-dramatic about it.

Timer seems like a good change, if group is so casual they canā€™t mount any defense they need to merge with someone with more flexible players. The ADM restriction will incentiveā€™s groups to get out of their pockets or continue to be harassed by dropped structures on their door step. Else wise it will add more mischief potentialā€“which is usually a good thing.

1 Like

Well some people want to do that, we defended two other corps structures because we went after someone who decided to war dec one of our contacts.

I agree that 200m is too much, I would put the war dec fee down to 10m per week, having to have a war HQ is fine.

As for the timers no big deal, you have to fight to kill it and target selection is also key, I have to look for people to fight in my TZ. CCP should not reward people who look for players who canā€™t defend themselves in their TZ.

It has to be something that you find tough we do it.

Also you get good drops, the War HQ we destroyed made us 350m of modules dropped and 140m in salvage and that easily covered the 100m war dec fee, which was less because in the first two timers we were allies on a war dec.

I put a structure in space, it is gong to die, I know it and you know it, I want it to die with a bang, in that it created a fleet fight combat, not with a whimper with someone sitting there when I am in bed or at work with two untanked oracles watching netflixs while they do it.

Low powered structures are there because people have stopped playing and have no use for it and trying to scoop it is not worth doing as they are easily stolen, so it gets left there as nothing. But all my group have powered structures with defences. I want to use them. You are applying that broad brush of players who abuse mechanics to make it harder for those that actually want to have fun with them.

Casual players are in hisec, hisec has a war dec system that enables less casual players to move into another tier of content, I donā€™t think thath nullsec levels of intense play should apply to hisec casuals who have put their toe in the water of being less casual. It is like join the big boys game, then wrack, your dead, HTFU. Well that went well, lets find another game thenā€¦

As long as they do not go any further, but I thought that on the last one, now this one comes in and what next, no timer? This is where it is heading, you see the intent of people like Brisc and the nullsec groups. I think hisec should have this catered for hisec.

This clutter comment is incorrect, the best way to remove clutter is to create a better way to scoop the damn things instead of making them a free gift to everyone.

I want to use and abuse my structures, I want people coming for them and getting their ass kicked. I donā€™t want someone calmly sitting there in two Oracles watching Netflix while I am at work or sleeping.

I am taking it seriously because CCP need to stop and think about the different tiers of play and hisec is a different tier of play.

This is why I call this person a moron, he is so off base with this it is amusing as hell. I donā€™t want my stations made so easy that it does not matter that I want to defend it, the changes are pushing towards making my powered fully equipped stations as worthless as those unpowered unfit ones he shoots.

2 Likes

Oh, great then. I answered based on Rise presentation in Vegas. Where he said they wont move existing gates. Good thing they changed mind and force moving.

Why groups should merge ? Where have you found this number ?

An informant told me 2 days ago, before this news was released that i should be carefull, Goons is planning a masse eviction in wh space. I understand why now.

Does being unable to tether mean they are unable to dock? I cant see any reference to it although I dont get why you would disallow tethering but allow docking.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t object to having it, either - am just pointing out the low probability of us getting a complex new feature for structures. Theyā€™d have to decide how ā€œgoodā€ to make an auto-defense feature. Even if CCP did it ā€œrightā€ according to some players, it would create a new pathway to support tickets - another mark CCP would have against starting that work :wink: