Kicking Over Castles news discussion

They are moving in the direction where making an auto defence system is required. And they have to make a business decision in terms of support tickets like that or losing more casual indy players. I guess I will see less players to interact with soon, it is hard enough as it is, basically I am trying to get that type of player to group up.

5 Likes

Hmm yes, as I wrote later in this thread it is really more complicated than that.

Really, I think it would just be better if there was just 1 timer opened in specified time and day (by owner) for 3 hours and it would take twice as long to bash the citadel than it takes to bash structure layer right now.

I see you adjusting your thinking on the complication and balance of this, but sadly I think it had already gone too far in terms of hisec.

I welcome the 4.5 day change, but removing the day in hisec is wrong. I find it difficult to be on when most people are active, so my setup is based around when I am playing. So I get accused of TZ tanking and of course day of the week tanking. But it is setup so that I can be there definitely almost 100%. And yeah people like PIRAT struggle to get coverage then, which is by design, I could actually make a silly sort of fight of it. I would lose of course, but I could make a dent which is what any PvP players wants.

I donā€™t want to flog this to death, thanks for being reasonable. I will have to live with this and I will. But when CCP removes the timer which is what the CSM cabal of nullsec players want for their fun and games, I will strip my structures and leave them to die, and another part of the game has just died for meā€¦

2 Likes

Well you can always become a basherā€¦ :smiley:

1 Like

This is just plain wrong. Iā€™ve been a resident in three stations that got bashed whilst active, in the last 18 months - one in hisec as the attacker wanted a monopoly in that particular system, and two in wormholes where the attackers just wanted the loot that dropped (no Asset Safety in wormholes).

2 Likes

But I like my pos and screew 24 hours of waiting to anchor a citadel, the pos uses like 3 times the amount of fuel of a citadel (with a clone bay for the full power) so It has an offset and still fills a niche role in wormhole life for the occasional hermit like myself

1 Like

When huuge bombs killing supers?

Design an AI for auto-defence. Yeah, thatā€™s way too much dev work. Waitā€¦

Donā€™t blood raider shipyard citadels shoot back?

I guess all that dev work was too hard after all.

2 Likes

Wonā€™t work, too many ā€˜large alliancesā€™ are already a group of alliances called a co-alition. Goons arenā€™t just under CFC or whatever, theyā€™re multiple distinct entities. Like Panfam is Pandemic Horde and Pandemic legion. All it takes is them to set ACLā€™s the right way and agreements not to attack each otherā€™s stuff.

1 Like

Canā€™t say, i played 2009 the game only for a few month, and i was still learning how EVE works :wink:
And i have to say EVE Politics in NS never wasnt realy interessting for meā€¦ i life now since 8 Years in W-Space.

1 Like

itā€™s the name of update that was announced to include: hypernet relay, jita trade hub visuals upgrade, and changes to wallet (and trading?) GUI

POS were fun to toy with. Citadels though - entirely boring and annoying spacebricks. The fewer of them the better! (and UGLY! ughā€¦ so ugly)
Just remove medium structures altogether and half the hp of others
Or better yet just switch focus back to POS

2 Likes

Citadels were a bad idea in the first place. And it will probably take a couple more years worth of patches to fix it.

And POSes will still be superior in every way, except for unlimited hangar space, maybe.

3 Likes

well technically speaking they are not moving them - they are just force offlining ones that are still too close. If owner of said jump gate really wants to keep it there heā€™s free to do so, it just wonā€™t do anything :wink:

You know that structures always come out of reinforce at a time within 3 hours of the time you specify, right?

Ok then no, you are not a basher then.

Nor do I care.

I agreed with Nevyn (as you mentioned) that I actually agree with this. It would be a good balance move on CCPā€™s part BUT that too must be balanced.

Dude, you literally said you will block me twice today and then stated youā€™re going to chase me down in game and kill my HQā€¦and you said Iā€™m triggered? Ok thenā€¦

Actually no. I want to debate but you always resort you name calling and then blocking when you donā€™t get your wayā€¦Youā€™re main debating tactic is to argue from a position of authority which I (and most here) do not recognize and that drives you nuts.

See, you start with name calling then talk about ā€œyour stationā€. Guy, I was talking about bashers and you are NOT a basher. ā€œmy powered fully equipped stationsā€ <ā€”thisā€¦bashers would not have these as there is no pointā€¦

When I say basher, I mean somebody that does that as (one of) their main source of revenue. Yes other people like your example and Drac kill stations but thatā€™s not their main role. There many crews out there that just hunt LowPower stations and they are bashers.

Also, ā€œbashersā€ really only exist in HS as everywhere else is a basic free-for-all. But like always, WS might be an exception.

Point being, with a title like ā€œgankerā€ or pirate" or ā€œbasherā€, your main purpose in NE is that role.

Iā€™m honestly curious how was this necessary? Who asked for this? How are bases not being destroyed enough as it is? Iā€™ve had friends left and right lose structures on an almost regular basis to these big blobby alliances like Marmites and PIRAT with no chance of defense because shocker of shocks they have a life outside of EVE or allies prove fickle. Iā€™ve run out of fingers on both hands counting how many bases Iā€™ve seen all of a sudden thereā€™s a asset drop notification or seeing in chat from someone that theyā€™re being wardecced yet again and losing all of the bases theyā€™ve painstakingly erected.

This game is hemorrhaging players enough, and the barebones content being trickled out isnā€™t encouraging people to stick it out. It seems like the ā€˜organic sandboxā€™ element of the game is being stripped away in favor of turning EVE into world of EVEcraft.

Iā€™m seeing a double standard as well as thereā€™s been several retaliatory wardecs Iā€™ve contracted, funded out of my own pocket with assets I provide, and all three times CCP intervenes and nullifies the wardecs for imaginary reasons. Wars take resources, time, planning, manpower. They are an incredible effort its not easy, but whatā€™s the point if youā€™re going to pick and chose what wars are ā€˜legalā€™? What is this going on that you claim more stuff needs to be destroyed we need more pvp we need more conflict, and there IS conflict going on and you seem to want to play favorites?

But by all means letā€™s make it easier for PIRAT and Marmites to faceroll the ice miners in Ardallabier minding their own business working hard to make the economy move because they canā€™t ever be assed to go after real targets. Kicking over castles indeed. EVE isnā€™t a sandbox anymore itā€™s a Playskool turtle.

3 Likes

First off, welcome to the forums, secondly, I doubt this is the case at allā€¦ just because you may not understand the reason for the war dec ending does not equal ā€˜imaginary reasonsā€™ā€¦

If youā€™d like to expand on what was going on at the time (with any of the 3 instances) Iā€™m fairly sure there will be someone who can explain why things ended like they did.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

Wars should end when a victor is declared, as in the loser has nothing left or cannot continue any longer. Iā€™m seeing a trend where each time someone is backed into a corner they run crying to CCP and demand all their stuff back, and it defies logic because whenever I am slighted Iā€™m fed the canned ham response of ā€˜be creative, make friends, forge alliancesā€™ blah blah blah.

Ok so I made friends. I greased palms. I made investments. You know the old adage ā€˜donā€™t get mad get evenā€™, so how is it that wardecs are being selectively negated? I can only imagine CCP is playing favorites when they keep changing rules on a whim.