Kybernaut message to Capsuleers

(OOC: -welp gif goes here- I totally read the prompt wrong and thought that Vale II and Vale VI were the populated planets and now I feel like an idiot >.> sorry all!)

While yes, Vale IV and Vale V contain the majority of the systems populations, the other planets of Vale II and VI also house people. The solution to the system wide issue is the core part of this research I’m conducting.

Hm, the algae bloom should have been readily visible from orbit. I took a few images (given I thought it was rather beautiful)

Study of Vale IV and it’s single associated moon does leave much to be desired in terms of proximity. Sitting at approximately 700 thousand kilometers from the planet and at a rather small scale, it won’t be able to act as strong of a support as in the case of say, Vale VI’s 2nd moon. Still, the establishment of infrastructure there can assist at least somewhat in the construction of facilities on the surface of Vale IV.

I also took note of a few supercells on Vale IV, likely as a result of the reduced stellar activity. Again, contact with the surface has been non-productive, and I’m not sure why.

I’m firmly of the mind that a Citadel in orbit between the gate and Vale IV would be the wisest course of action, as that would allow both defense against the surge of pirates in the system as well as rapid industrial support. With starbase support in orbit of the moon, it could potentially purchase time for further action to protect the local populations from stellar phenomena. Again, however, the costs associated are the limiting factor in play. It takes approximately two days to setup the necessary facilities, and I know that time is of the essence here, but if others were interested in backing this proposal, then the only limiting factors would be the logistics of this. We have the means, we just need the will.

Moving on to Vale V, the planet itself appears to be enduring less weather events in comparison to Vale IV, for reasons I’m not entirely sure of. It’s first moon is only 215k kilometers away from Vale V, making it an ideal place to setup a support location. Unfortunately, like most moons here, it is currently occupied by a vacated starbase. It seems most residents abandoned the region when the Collective seized control, but failed to take their starbases with them.

In this instance, I believe a Lagrange orbital path between the 1st moon and Vale V will be most successful in supporting the planetary population with a Citadel. Again, I have made contact attempts with the surface, but have had no luck. I believe my next endeavor will include attempts at using planetary infrastructure to send some expedition teams to the surface.

Research is ongoing, as does analysis of the logistics necessary, but again, I am one Empyrean and my scope of authority and ability to essentially singularly execute this is severely limited. Invocation of prayer continues with fellow Kybernauts.

1 Like

As I said in another topic, we have weeks (and in the case of Vale VI, months) before any long terme effects are done to the planets.

We don’t even know if by this time the stars will be still dimmed or not.

The “simplest” way to support the local populations is to help them through humanitarian help such as the one organized by UNF-A or a petition for concord to deploy barren-class command centers.
They should be able to provide shelter for some time.

While the khazad consortium is not aligned either with one side or the other, I can provide help from a scientific point of view, I took the liberty of testing some of your propositions on various simulations of my own.
As global remark, I want to point that any effort to counterbalance the triglavian’s stellar manipulation are to be extremely careful.
As I said on the above post, we do have weeks or months depending on the dimming level to plan something.
IF the triglavians keep the stars as they are now. If they don’t, any remedy could have more devastating effects than the manipulation itself.

It goes a bit further than “simply” build them. For this project to be effective, you need a huge amount of mirrors, placed at stationary points, with a distribution even onto the surface.
Even with that, you must take in consideration the fact that the space dust will reduce their effectiveness, as well as damage them. And if you include shields to them, you will lose a large part of the interest.

On the subject of stellar generator, even with our technological level, it’s not something that easy to do.

If you are sure that the stars will stay at their current brightness, it’s not a bad idea. If not, it would be a VERY bad solution, and not a easily changed one.

But even by considering the idea itself, it wouldn’t be a simple matter to release some gases and “work done”.
you need the release to be spread across the globe to avoid local pressure change, to take into account that increasing the atmosphere mass you’ll drastically change the composition of said atmosphere, leading to unforseen consequences on the flora and fauna.

I regret to inform you that it’s probably the worst idea yet.
Doing so would indeed “warm” the poles of the planets.
but also blow out a large part of the ozone layer, create a sudden change in water levels, possibly create an IEM impulsion spreading into the atmosphere, destroying small orbital space crafts, cutting most communications, etc etc

1 Like

A Capsuleer’s message to Kiberanuts:

ALL TRAITORS WILL DIE!

Glory to the State!

You will have to start defending your system first for that possibility to ever appear.

2 Likes

If y’all Kybernauts have such a problem with CONCORD and the Empires, why not join or form a respectable nullsec or wormhole organization and form your own civil and military institutions? Plenty of space in space, no need to go grabbing anyone else’s. I’m just saying, we’ve been recruiting colonists for years in Origin and even have jackets! You can be an edgy posthuman futurist without all the genocide. Want to prove yourself in the hunt? Do it in a challenging place without Local, and the odd capsuleer ship here and there is far less bloodshed than condemning entire systems to an inhospitable Abyssal environment.

4 Likes

So far, 1400mm Fusion Projectiles seem to work best at ‘understanding’ the new Foreign Culture, as seems to be the way, with Humans and their Derivatives.

2 Likes

As I understand things, if these kybernauts do manage to become full fledged members of the Triglavian Collective, they will find themselves far more controlled than they are by CONCORD.

Since they’d be integrated into a troika with a Koschoi and Navka and could simply be outvoted.

Under CONCORD you can always just flip safety red and do whatever, under Triglav, troika says no, and you wont be able to just do anything.

1 Like

At least we’ll have a vote. Not sure on the same living under EDENCOM.

1 Like

First, I want to apologize for my delay in response to you sir, as I have been spending these last 24 hours doing my own simulations and analysis in the Vale system.

I intend to push my conclusions here for consideration once I feel it has reached a point of rigorous study.

1 Like

I’m not some “white knight” trying to single-handedly save a godsdamned thing, just not a bandwagon jumping idiot trying to look edgy or to justify my murderous anarchist crap under a bunch of pseudo-philosophical mumbo jumbo.

Go play with your triangle buddies. Us adults have an invasion to deal with.

3 Likes

The Kybers have forsaken their New Eden kin, regardless of ideological differences and sided with the invading Triglavians.

The Kybers have pointed to their home systems and watched them burn before the masses of Triglavian ships as they slaughter hundreds of millions of citizens of New Eden. On the surface of planets, in the corridors of captured Citadels and from the ship wrecks themselves, all of New Eden is fighting the murderous intent of the Triglavians.

Standing behind them, the Kybers, like scared little worm tongues of old. Smiling, at the sight of their home world being torn apart by the invaders from the Abyss. The Kybers coin? A system all their own that they can claim mastery over as their new friends, the Triglavians, whispering in their ear, a future of returning to the Abyss as Masters.

When the Triglavians had burned New Eden to the ground and none were left, they turned to the Kybers, the last vestige of human life in New Eden.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.