L4 Epic arcs. Single ship?

LOL. Why would you bling out a ship for the epic arcs?

You are good at what you do.

Why are you even here? The point is nobody in their right mind is gonna fly their PVE fit battleship or anything else into LS for the caldari arc. Especially when it is not even a combat mission. And they would be right not to, as there is no reason to take that risk.

Your post about LS being mostly empty is pointless to the topic of this thread.

1 Like

No. It is your post that is irrelevant. The OP wants to know what ships can do it - he doesn’t want to be afraid of every bump in the dark.

Do you even run the level 4 Epic Arcs?

The OP asked if there’s a single ship that can complete all of the level 4 Epic Arcs.

As others have said, the ‘One Ship For All’ would be the T3 Cruisers. In fact the OP even stated he was looking at Tengu or Loki.

2 Likes

I think it would be challenging to complete the final room on the Gallente mission with a T3, but maybe it would be fine. A lot of the combat missions need both range and dps, which would take forever in a T3 cruiser.

If I wanted to do them all with a single ship I would probably use a tech I battleship, like a raven or dominix with a MJD, MWD, cloak, and trimarks. I would fit the low slots for agility for the courier missions and for damage/tank on the combat missions. Maybe 1/10 chance that I would lose it in lowsec.

If he wants to include the L4 pirate arc as well then I think there isn’t a single ship that can do all six, due to limitations on the size of ship for the pirate ones.

Actually it’s super easy, barely an inconvenience. The easiest Gallente arc run I’ve ever had was in a Loki. I won’t lie, I was shocked. And I’ve run the gallente arc in a Dominix, sentry ishtar, kronos, paladin, and Vargur
Yes some of the missions may go slightly slower due to having to burn into range. Although not that much slower as the cruiser sized hull can move at a good clip. However overall with all the the travel associated with the arcs, the total completion time is faster.

That’s great, however there is no reason to bother with the LS missions in your mission running ship. It isn’t a combat mission and while the area is often quiet it is just an unnecessary risk. It isn’t being “scared of the dark” just doesn’t make much sense. Given the proximity of the caldari arc to Jita its easy to pick up any kind of frigate or covert ops to run that mission.

It’s probably kinda dumb to run it in my covert refit loki. But at least I can refit quickly to a PVP fit and if I did get caught I’d get a fight out of it.

To nitpick, it really isn’t necessary to base a “single ship” mentality out of a need for only 1 or 2 lowsec missions. If you run them often you can leave a small fast ship for those. But it was what the OP was asking.

What is the range in your Loki? I remember those BSs on the final room hitting hard from way, way off.

Offhand I don’t recall exactly. Whatever medium autocannons are (not that far).

I was very nervous, having been pelted with high DPS in prior runs. However sig and speed tanking is real. And the BS in that mission burn in fast, so it takes very little time to get in range, orbit close and face smack them.

Sure it may have been slightly slower than just hitting bastion and rail gunning them all. But overall with the faster travel speed the Loki finished the whole arc way faster. That is also considering I run them for the standings boost, so I have always blitzed the missions, not full clear unless necessary.

The tempest don’t. the domis and megas do. Tempest orbit at 80 IIRC.

Don’t remember. However if we are talking the same mission (Showtime). then the mission is complete when you kill Rosulf Fririk. Since as I mentioned I generally blitz the missions I can, I’m sure I just burned to him, killed and looted and called it a day.

1 Like

This right here tells me that you don’t run the level 4 epic arcs.

The Pirate Epic Arcs are lv 3, not lv 4.

1 Like

Yeah, you’re correct.

The named Battleship (Rosulf Fririk) is twice as fast as all the other Battleships in that mission and will close on you very quickly. I lead the initial group of NPC’s out to about 150km from spawn point and engaged him first while all the other Battleships were still 100km away.

Mission is flagged complete when Rosulf Fririk is destroyed.

1 Like

Perhaps your conclusion should be that I don’t use T3 cruisers, but whatever you want to think is fine.

According to who ? I rather conclude that you have no idea of how to do the epics.

That’s cool. I think you have no idea how to play Eve outside of highsec.

Well I think:

3 Likes

Thanks. I know I am. I actually argue about internet spaceships on the interwebs. That’s pretty weird.

That is possible too. I know that missions kicked the crap out of me whenever I flew BS hulls, since all the enemies would hit for full damage.

Although I doubt you have time these days anyway. Permit collection is a full time job.

1 Like

You are alright, Delrath. Some of your other posts made me think you were a troll, but you seem human after all.

Thanks,

And to be fair and honest, trolling is fun sometimes too.

I think the EVE forums are the only place I’ve known that you can really troll and not get a warning or ban.

I deal with some extremely unreasonable clients (and bosses) sometimes (IRL) - some of whom I only ever deal with via email. These forums are great for practicing. I have a much better instinct about what will enrage/trigger somebody now that I have been on these forums for a few months.