L4 Epic arcs. Single ship?

whut ?

Just make two columns, each with one TP and two launchers. You press both the buttons on the column for each target, then next target, press the other two buttons.

Back in the day I ran all four in a Tengu and I don’t recall having any serious issues.

1 Like

Yea I’m sure the Tengu could handle them fine as well. Either of the Shield focused T3’s are perfect. The proteus has mostly range issues and the Legion can suffer with fitting a good tank that takes the same slots as your damage upgrades. That being said all 4 could be made to work in one way or another.

1 Like

Well, I consider myself missile guy, flew every missile ship in caldari line. Then I tried gunship. Zero counting volleys, zero micromanaging, instant damage, with right target choosing there is no application problem (writing from a Kronos experience). Large missiles are lie. You must do some work to apply that huge alpha.

1 Like

Here is the DPS from one volley to an elite frigate orbiting you (the DPS is halved if they are above 10km because they then activate their propmod)
The frigate is chosen at random (I picked a frigate from the list that had web and scram), but it’s one of the best hp * speed/sig/resonnance ratio.
edit : after verification it’s the most tanky guristas frigate, with 22517 kin evhp (EHP * speed/sig), after yukiro demense (34368 kin evhp ) and guristas webifier(which is not elite but very fast ? 32604 evhp)

It’s hp are <1600 so if your volley does 1600 damage it means you one-shot, with 800 damage you two-shot it.

https://imgur.com/IeQpR2g

what it shows its that unless you are using fury, you two-shot the elite frigates with 4 launchers and 2TP using rigors.
If it orbits too close (and thus goes below 300 m/s), you can even one-shot it with precision missiles.

Of course if you shoot at those rats out of their orbit range you divide your volley applied damage by 2.

(tank is stable 1k ehp/s on the fit BTW with MJD and mwd to move)

Now if you look at one of the most annoying elite cruiser :
edit : actually most tanky guristas cruiser with 12949 kin evhp

https://imgur.com/VhPO44v

it has 4200 hp, you two-shot it with fury missiles. Most cruiser have much less resists (72% is huge for rats) and so you one-shot them with one painter and 2 launchers.

of course that’s if they are orbiting you. That’s why you should keep small fries for last and start with the big BS/BC that you can shoot even better.

1 Like

I know all of it, and gunships are more fun to fly still.

2 Likes

No you don’t. Otherwise you would not claim that

The main difference between launchers and guns is that guns can’t shoot something too close while launchers should wait for the small fries to be in their orbit range to shoot them. so the target priority of guns is “small that are far enough to shoot them” while the target priority of launchers is “big that I can kill quickly”

So now, whether or not it’s fun, depends on the player.

1 Like

Tried Golem and tried Kronos for L4. Would go for Kronos everytime. Blasters dmg and tracking are so high that kin/the lock is irrelevant and 2TC with tracking script allowed me to track frigs at 10 km range. Marauders still have drones.

1 Like

Do as you want. But claiming that the golem need specific work to apply his alpha compared to a gun ship is just wrong.
Unless you don’t fit two TPS and two rigors, but then it’s your issue(most of the time you can go with only one rigor actually and a calefaction, as long as you switch to precision).

I just checked for the most nimble guristas frigate(guristas webifier), and you even two-shot it with precision when it’s orbiting you, with calefactionT2+flareT2 or calefactionT2+rigorT1

1 Like

What about choosing Vargur over Golem? I have zero expirence with first but heard it choose dmg type too.

I did not fly a vargur for epics. Sorry I don’t know :slight_smile:
But of course it should be able to tank most missions, especially since the shield resist profile is very homogeneous.

1 Like

All of this Marauder stuff is fun, but unless you are gonna fly one into LS or NS of the Caldari arc, it is not really relevant to the OP’s question :slight_smile:

no point in using a marauder in LS for the epic. Use an inty instead.

smh,

Of course not. I was just pointing out that the Marauder talk is getting off topic for this post, as the OP’s main question was:

Which basically negates marauders as nobody with half a brain would try flying it through LS.

Can you point some out? :wink:

Number of stupid things I’ve seen lately have me and other wondering if there’s some with less than a 1/4. :wink:

Point ships out? Have you read the thread? General consensus is one of the T3 cruisers as they can be easily refit for cloaky scanner for LS missions, and combat missions. Travel quickly and can run the missions well.

It’s still bad for the NS mission of the caldari arc since there is no fight in those and the T3 is more expensive, slower, and can e caught more easily.

Nullified T3 is not bad to fly through 0.0. And you aren’t required to fly through 0.0. as you can choose the LS path.

And it doesn’t change the fact that it is pretty much the only class of ship you can choose if you truly want ONE ship that can do all of the arcs.

2 Likes

No.

Re-read post, its not about ships as they don’t have brains.

PALADIN!

2 Likes