L4 Epic arcs. Single ship?

Yes, which is why the consensus seemed to be the only ship capable of both running the missions and being covert are the T3 cruisers.

3 Likes

to be fair the only t3 cruiser i have flown that was worth using in LVL 4 missions was my covops tengu… it was 4.5bil with a full high grade crystal set. not exactly economical.

I’m sure the tengu could run it fine as well. I was skeptical with @DeMichael_Crimson’s Loki recommendation. Up until till now the only T3 I hadn’t flown is a Loki. But having run them now with it, the loki is baller.

If I had to rank T3’s from my general experience (not specifically PVE) I’d rank them as such.

Tengu- Easy mode. Tank and HML range makes them easy. not the fastest. Missiles take a lot of room
Loki- Autos + sig tanking FTW. Overall the best balance of DPS and easy mode. Uses a TON of ammo. I have to restock ammo a fair amount.
Legion- Doable, least effort in restocking but can suffer with range and tank (it is harder to get an uber armor tank vs shield tank in a T3 IMO).
Proteus- Suffers from range with blasters or tracking with rails. Can be made to work as illustrated further up in this thread.

I’m coming up for my next round of Epics in December. I will be running them again in the Loki. I would be willing to stream them if anyone was interested in seeing how it performs. I’m not a streamer by any stretch but I have the basics setup.

2 Likes

So far the Epics I’ve completed has been in T1 Battleships. Both have been fitted with factional or deadspace modules. Good mix of small and heavy drones on both, and a solid tank with above average DPS.

At the most these ships cost 4.5bil fully fitted and stocked. Geckos and Augmented light drone push cost up.

Only problem i have is lack of salvage and loot space, meaning i have to do multiple trips to unload once mission objectives cleared, before i can close mission with agent.

1 Like

Good for you.

Thi thread has gone so far off the topic I guess we can all just post our favorite fits.

1 Like

Just pointing out you don’t need to T2 or T3 ships, and high skill lvls to just fly those ships.

After all the OP is asking if its possible do epics with a single ship, others have posted Marauders as an option.

1 Like

Yes he is asking about a single ship. Just one. So unless you are running your T1 battleship or marauder into missions like 2 steps into hell or playing it safer you aren’t doing all 4 epics with one single ship.

1 Like

Don’t waste your time trying to explain him.

Well I’m on vacation with the family out of the country. I cant play eve at the moment so I might as well.play eve forums…

1 Like

depend which of the arcs you’re talking about.

but the Amarr and Cal are meant to be the hardest, done both solo in T1 BS.

As for Anderson Geten I just ignore these days, not worth anyones talk getting into, as always thinks right, no matter what anyone else says or can prove.

1 Like

I use a Noctis for clearing the Epic Arc mission sites, I actually have 4 of them set up, one stationed in each Epic Arc’s area. When it’s time to move to a new Agent within the arc, I’ll first relocate the Noctis there with a shuttle in cargohold, then take the shuttle back to the combat ship.

I have shuttles stationed at each Agents location so I don’t have to backtrack for the shuttle after moving the combat ship. Granted it takes a little bit more time to move the Noctis but overall it makes mission site clean-up very quick.

Most mission sites I just bookmark the area after combat, then complete the mission with Agent so the Noctis can just warp straight to the wrecks. However for the really large missions with multiple pockets spawning numerous waves of NPC’s, I’ll run the Noctis after completing each pocket to collect all loot and salvage without worrying about wrecks despawning.

2 Likes

Yet again. The focus of this thread as asked by the op is one ship that can complete all 4 L4 epic arcs.

As many have already posted to complete Epic arcs it is possible with one ship.

What has been cover lately is about the extra rewards from salvage and all loot.

So it’s completely possible to do both with a single ship.

Laser turreted ships can do it, but require supplemental damage from drones to cover the Ken and Exp damage then can’t do.

Its how the turret damage do their damage, its how they can pass the targets resistance. As noted above with drones you can have omni damage.

And launcher allows you to change damage type to any type.

So answer is yes if you fit and equip your ammo and drones for your mission.

Sigh
Yes of course. I’ve run the arcs in many ships from T1 battleships, an ishtar, various marauders.

However none of these options I’ve been willing to yolo into LS. Which knocks them out of the running to be one single ship that can complete all 4 L4 epic arcs.

1 Like

Lowsec is practically empty. There is no need for fear.

1 Like

It isn’t fear. It just isn’t practical to fly a 2bil marauder unscouted through LS for what amounts to a courier mission.

I think there is nothing practical about marauders.

1 Like

Great

Dude, you list three ship types you fly. You say that you couldn’t possibly fly any of those into lowsec. I tell you that you would probably be just fine. You respond with third, least practical option in your list and say that you couldn’t possibly. Yeah, go ahead and troll.

1 Like

Says the person reading one post out of context to the thread and replies with a troll of their own.

2 Likes