Lady Melisande Galena wants to insert a TCMC into a freedwoman

(Lunarisse Aspenstar) #81

Are you expecting?

(Halcyon Ember) #82

Well, sort of by definition any regular contact where an abuser focuses their attention on you is an abusive relationship. From that standpoint you were in one.

(Halcyon Ember) #83

You should come for drinks again. Do I have to throw a new party for this?
Theme will be garden party.

(Corraidhin Farsaidh) #84

It’s always good to party in a Lady’s garden…

(Ioannis Sepphiros) #85

At least let something good come out of this post…

(Lasairiona Raske) #86

Ohhhh! A party!

(Natheniel) #87

This thread, I don’t like it. It has hurt my head in so many ways.

Nauppy has a girlfriend?

Diana Kim is speaking reason?

My world view cant handle these kinds of upsets.

(Aria Jenneth) #88

That seems a little … over-general? … Ms. Ember. One of the primary characteristics of a classic abuser situation, if I understand it right, is a sharp power differential, where the abuser wields not only violence, but deep psychological control over the abused.

It’s hard to be in contact with a person without some manipulation (broadly construed) occurring, but I never felt I was exactly a leaf in a hurricane. I even gave the authority to pull the plug on my dealings with him to someone I trusted, just in case.

Maybe it was futile to try, but, I don’t think I want to be a person who’d just assume such a thing.

(Casserina Leshrac) #89

I am indeed expecting in about four and half months.

(Arrendis) #90

Just means he’s not a successful classicist.

(Nauplius) #91

I summon demons by the power of God, the Red God, the Blood God and all other divine names and bind them to a holy and divine purpose. I have never summoned a succubus for my own pleasure.

(Nauplius) #92

I find the accusation that I have abused Aria Jenneth to be offensive.

The only possible weakness Aria ever showed me was when she begged me with teary eyes to call off this year’s One Million Slave sacrifice and then when she cried into my robe when I said that I would. Her affection for slaves is very touching, if altogether misguided.

(Halcyon Ember) #93

What about other people’s?

(Halcyon Ember) #94

Reassuring yourself that you’re not being abused is part of the process, I’m afraid.

(Aria Jenneth) #95

Of course it is. But is me saying I don’t think I am/was really evidence that I really am/was?

(Or was?) (Or am?)

… I kind of feel like there is actually a party here who isn’t listening to the other. I hate to make trouble for the Praefecta, but, maybe you could speak to her if you really think this is a problem? It’s pretty clear you think my judgment’s distorted, in which case I can’t blame you. Maybe you’ll listen to someone who’s not as close to the whole thing.

(Casserina Leshrac) #96

Correction - attempted to do. Failed in every respect. Just because you think you can make a ritual doesn’t mean it works.

Sleeping with a Caldari Servant does not bring you any closer to Red God then killing 1,000 Matari.

A real Sani Sabik would ritualistically kill the ones they love. Turn their Blood into real Bloodwine and their Flesh into a Tome of the Apocryphon.

You have no evidence of this.

You say you love this girl, then you would do what is right.

Sani Sabik sacrifice those things we covet. Otherwise it’s just murder.

(Lasairiona Raske) #97

Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling him to sacrifice his gf?

(Mizhara Del'thul) #98

You can’t possibly be surprised at this point. Sani Sabik, remember? Perpetually competing to see who can out-edge the rest.

Then again, it’s not like people listened when I first pointed this out so perhaps it is a surprise.

(Charles Cambridge Schmidt) #99

Remember that one time I pretty much shouted this from the heavens and everybody but you and a few others told me to relax and stop being so principled?

Good times.

(Arrendis) #100

I’m not. Napkins isn’t truly capable of valuing anyone else. The only person or thing that’s important to him is him. If he really wanted to offer a sacrifice that’s, you know a sacrifice… he’d have to rip out the plugs and kill himself.