Larkness – An Independent Candidate for CSM 18

When considering your CSM vote, consider a representative that will make your game time better. Larkness is an amazing FC, community leader and Eve enthusiast. IMO there is no better candidate to represent your views. +1

1 Like

The matani aint got sh*t on this guy. Larkness for CCP CEO…

Oh crap I mean vote Larkness for CSM

1 Like

Larkness’s views on making HS more interesting and fair is a unique and considered view. Anything that makes Eve more accessible to every player should be considered.

Larkness has my vote

1 Like

As a wormholer, I would be keen to understand your views on Eviction mechanics and any changes to ISK making proposals

You’ve got my vote

@Larkness would you back any idea mentioned below as CSM member?

1. Insane idea - pay with PLEX in NES for extra dev time
  2. Quafe+ is from "biomass" (...or corpse reprocessing)
  3. Little things / Small QoL suggestions - Better Visibility Of Other Players’ PI Networks
  4. Little things / Small QoL suggestions - 13 requests for Stack Split enhancment since Jun’18
  5. Little things / Small QoL suggestions - PI KB-shortcuts for toggling between groups of structures

As a wormholer, I would be keen to understand your views on Eviction mechanics and any changes to ISK making proposals

Hi Sinbojan,

Thanks for the question, I would like to answer firstly by stating that wormholes aren’t my strong suit, in terms of how I mostly just use Thera for taking larger NPSI fleets thru as a means of escape or to reposition.

I have only lived in wormholes on brief occasions, and mostly used POSes and didn’t go higher than a C2, however I am vaguely familiar with the mechanics of eviction and the rough ship size limits associated with larger WHs.

As far as changes I could add, this would have to be based on community feedback from small groups as I don’t experience it daily. I generally assumed factors such as maintaining a smaller WH and only using limited deployed assets would reduce the risk, but beyond that all I know is that it comes down to a hostile group coming in and rolling connections as they bring reinforcements in during their prime TZ.

The only thing I could add would be that perhaps citadels within WHs should have an active defense timer to allow auto-aggression during a set TZ window, to which it could act as POS to help defend against small scale attacks in off-timezones for the defenders. In combination with the old style armor and hull timers for all structures to allow defenders in WHs a better chance to organize defence?

As far as ISK making goes are you referring to generally or within WHs?

Regards,
Lark.

would you back any idea mentioned below as CSM member?

1. I think incentivizing with PLEX for CCP to spend more time on things is both good and bad, I am mixed about this as I worry that it might further encourage lack of general effort across other areas of QoL, unless people are “crowdfunding it”.
    Grudgingly, I would support it but only with PLEX amount limits and proper timeframes for fixes to be achieved, otherwise reimbursements should be a thing. Also before any got submitted for ‘PLEXivizing’ it should need to be polled via the forum for a voting threshold.

2. Biomass reactions from corpses would be pretty dupe ngl, and I think it would work outside of PI, instead using lowsec reactors, so yes I would support it with some modification.

3. Yes - ‘BUT’ … Seeing other PI networks should only be a thing if you can shoot at them! If they brought back planetary bombardment rounds, and made it so planetary structures counted as structures for wardecs in HS then that would spice things up. Including reinforcement timers for all planetary structures with a single timer same as mobile depots/pocos would balance, provided you got a notification, and would spice up the PI market abit lol.

4. I mean considering how many people have mentioned this … Yes! 13 separate threads - I am sick of the current state of stack/window splits ngl, it urgently needs work.
    When I started my CSM Campaign it was mostly just focused on big picture QoL items as mentioned since I didn’t want to promise the world, but I would if elected, ask why certain similar QoL item threads for the same/similar request are going unanswered.

5. Definitely support KB shortcuts for PI 100%, the current PI interface definitely needs better optimization and anything we can do to develop that should be promoted!

1 Like
  1. What Is CCP doing that’s right?

2. What is CCP doing that’s wrong?

3. What do you wish existed in-game that doesn’t?

4. What exists in-game that you wish didn’t?

5. What exists in-game that you think ought to continue to exist?

6. What doesn’t exist in-game that you hope never comes into existence?

7. How would you improve PI?

8. How would you improve the entire corporation UI?

2 Likes

You’ve got my vote!

1 Like
  1. CSM changes to the current election process (adding the two additional randomly appointed who fall outside the top 10, finally gives a chance to get more broader representation hopefully).

2. To many Skillpoint bonus pack offers.

3. Mobile constellation level blackout inhibitors.

4. HAW guns (that’s why carriers where changed… and then forgotten about).

5. Jump fatigue.

6. A big blue donut!

7. Make P.I. structures visible and bring back orbital bombardment guns, to allow you to shoot them!

8. Allow CEOS/Directors to compile ingame training packages using AIR, and bring in fleet-up functionality to FC roles, so you can compile doctrines at a corp and alliance level, and be able to see how many people can fly the ship/s and use their fittings!

1 Like

I hate the CSM personally, but I know you’re a good bloke - I remember flying with in Gallente militia ages ago.
I’ll vote for you if it helps you out. Cheers o7

1 Like

Vyktor!!! Mateee! It has been too long - I really appreciate the kind words and every vote counts when it comes down to getting any HS/Empire based candidate a foothold!

The default voting habits of most major blocs makes running for CSM as an independent, akin to hunting ratters 4 jumps from their main staging… with full “Local is Intel” game mechanics in effect … gotta beat the voting … I mean intel pings on discord :stuck_out_tongue:

Will you oppose RMT and Gambling operations being run off TOR and other means, Larkness?

Will you oppose RMT and Gambling operations being run off TOR and other means?

Hi Yendor, if you could clarify what you mean by TOR? As I am unfamiliar with that abbreviation.

Basically, my playstyle / CSM platform is based upon enhancing emergent and dynamic gameplay, a lot of the RMT side of the game involves exploiting the cover provided by large blocs running with ‘Local is Intel’ gameplay (aka, botting). So for what it is worth to answer your question I will always do what I can to implement changes which ensure actual players, not bots, are being rewarded for playing actively.

As far as Gambling in Eve goes, I used to love EOH poker and Somerblink, I found them to be very fun and a safe outlet for those types of vice’s. However, since the Hypernet was introduced I have noticed it has only served to benefit scammers and spammers, as well as providing very steep odds which don’t really benefit the average player / force greater losses.

So if gambling is considered acceptable only as Hypernets with no changes in the future, then I will fight to make a chat channel option ingame, to be able to turn off Hypernet spam across all chats for each player. Followed by a clear ingame option to deactivate Hypernet features, instead of the current setup.

I hope this answers your questions.

Larkness you have my vote mate.

1 Like

Lets go Larkness!

1 Like

Great guy with mostly good ideas :wink:

You got my vote :partying_face:

1 Like

Larkness, I want that individuals to be able to join defenders in wars, just like individuals can join the militia in the new FW.

That’s it, let people fight in any war they can as defenders, if the defender accepts the individual or their corp, they should be the defender.

I don’t want to keep changing from corp to corp or creating new alts anymore, also don’t want to keep dropping towers just to be a defender a little bit and then decomision it. The today’s system is already circunventable anyway, so let individuals join other people’s wars.

Today’s design is just annoying and limiting.

2 Likes

About 4 alliances want to know: Do you believe as a CSM candidate that a Procurer should have the ability to light Industrial Cynos since Ventures are allowed to? And that Procurer with Cynos has been a forever meta in EVE that was deleted for no reason by CCP?

1 Like