Left because of wardec

Have to agree with you here. It is just words, as usual. vOv

Gotta say, it was fun though. Gave a few ideas myself, but anyhow, it is lots of people who want something without the understanding of how to achieve it.

Reminds me of bears. Heh…

First of all, killboard stats do not maketh the toon. This toon was - for a long time - an alt account of other mains who have since been sold off. I was flying around doing war-decs with high-sec greats in history such as Jericho Fraction. I (not this toon) was even offered a seat in that JF vs BOB 10 thorax tourney fight, but at the time, could not use T2 Blasters, an eternal regret of mine, probably my biggest eve regret (besides my eventual falling out with JF’s CEO and in time the rest of the corp). I fought in the preceding round that qualified us for that fight, but sadly, no-one remembers that one :frowning: . Try checking my employment history if you need corroboration, this toon has followed my mains about. “You may have of course have (had) another account…” it is just an idiotic statement to make.

Secondly, you’ll note that irrespective of whether I am out PVPing or not this account has been almost continually active since 2006 from my SP total on eveboard. Yes, I realise while typing this, I could have injected. But I did not. Which makes me a long-term player who has continually supported this game even when he did not have the time to play. I am currently doing my PhD so game-time of course comes second. Since starting to play this game I have gone from zero children to three. But to say I pissed off, merely shows your woefully inadequate understanding of how life changes, how priorities change as you get older. But I’ll pay this toon till the server goes down because I love this game, irrespective of how much time I have to play it. I certaintly wouldn’t have a tantrum and say “i’m quitting unless the game changes to suit me”

Thirdly, let’s consider what would happen to the game if high-sec did become a non-PVP zone. It would become farmville in space. Nobody would bother to do industry outside of high-sec. High-sec carebears would simply grind and grind and grind and have an inflationary impact on the economy of the game for everyone else. Incursions would become quite literally risk free. What would happen to all the high-sec wardeccers? I guess they’d have to quit or go play somewhere else, simply because you want to get rid of war-decs.

Lastly, and I am reiterating from the previous post, do you really think that getting rid of war-decs is an original idea? What do you think of suicide ganking, want to get rid of that too?

It is just a non-starter. Too many players game styles would need to change to suit the few who aren’t prepared to take steps to counter it. It is EASY to counter it. But you don’t want to. You want the game to change to suit you.

2 Likes

What the f triggered that tldr k2 wall of text. Salty. :grinning::grinning::grinning:

Maybe you should look at the post I replied to, it does say it. Troll on.

Touchy touchy. Someone woke up on the wrong side…
It’s only pixals not war n peace.:grinning::grinning::grinning:

yawn.

That’s the spirit! :grinning::grinning::grinning:
Feels better now?

No to both, actually. I want to them made more interesting actually.

Thanks for the overview of your situation and of course your experience, you see this comment was thrown at me to by certain people and as I post with my main I like to understand the experience of others if I cannot see it, sorry if it was annoying, but it did look like you were hardly playing.

@Lord_Razpataz

Not at all, I found it pathetic that people kept on going on about that rather than look at the issues.

It went this:

So what do you think about X

You are not a merc!

Was a bit silly and salty after a while…

And the Orphanage was something I pointed out when people started going on about the watch list causing mass war decs which is false, it happened before that change for various reasons. He was a mate who was there at a senior level and knew all about being a hisec war decker. He gave me a really deep understanding of mass war dec mercs, and that fact really upset some of the people like you, I am not saying that the Orphanage were good and all that, they had their moments, but he was good… I repeat he told me everything he knew, I am a good listener and I am open to learn from people. In fact I did learn quite a lot on the Discord too. I found out that 20% did do hunting before the watch list change, isn’t that interesting…

Look at you being the typical ass, I was asking him and pointing out what I saw on his killboard, I was not judging him by it. As for you I only pointed out that you criticised people for not fighting back and yet you have not blown up a single pixel… As in the irony of it!

2 Likes

Being an ass is something you appear to excel at.

I ws asking him and pointing out what I saw on his killboard, I was not judging him by it.

Yet it’s your goto argument when people disagree with you, get over yourself.

As for you I only pointed out that you criticised people for not fighting back

And? I rarely put myself in that position so yeah I can comment on it

and yet you have not blown up a single pixel…

On this character… I do have some kills on a character that I sold about 6 years ago.

As in the irony of it!

The irony would be me claiming to be something that I am not, which I haven’t done.

BTW congratulations on taking the bait, I deliberately didn’t name the person I was talking about in the hope that they would out themselves :grinning:

2 Likes

You are so salty… still highly amused that you were so put out you tried to put a contract on me, way to go tiger!!!

1 Like

You are so predictable…

1 Like

And you are utterly useless, and a total brown noser :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

At what?

I’m fairly useless at a lot of things in life, as are most of us. You’ll have to be more specific.

1 Like

Honesty at last, I like that better.

1 Like

Has there been any evidence of this linked at any point? I feel I’ve heard this enough times now to warrent asking you for substantiation.

Not once no

I wonder why :thinking:

Hal says:. Dom, leave your pod n take off your helmet, look the stars are very bright tonight, come see.:rocket::desktop_computer::upside_down_face:

When I first started playing Eve, our corp of newbros (excellent ones btw, o7 Butterfly Effect!) got wardecced. tl:dr summary at the end, if you like.

• We hunkered down trapped in our high sec station for a while.
  • Eventually I undocked solo and some guy flashing red in a shiny killed my missions Thrasher. Pissed me off so much that I still remember that his bio said he was in the U.S. Air Force. (Looking back, he didn’t pod newb me though… :question:)
  • War Room discussions were done, in chat, but more on the corp’s website’s forum board. Many strategic and financial considerations were expressed and considered. No tactical PVP things though-- we didn’t know jackshite about that.
  • We all took a vote and decided to fight to the death.
  • Our also newb CEO had to be Prime Minister Winston Churchill and make a decision. He wisely overruled the vote. He created a second corp, and we all moved into it for about a month. (Note: A pretty smooth and easy option for a wardecced corp. Not sure if it’s still that way. Hi sec mechanics experts, please say).
  • Eventually CEO paid the wardeccers 1bil isk from the corp’s treasury (isk from many tedious interminable corp veldspar mining ops. But thinking back, the bored bullshite talk was highly fun).
  • Everyone did a sigh about paying off the wardeccers, instead of fighting it out. But respected fellow newbro CEO for having to make a tough call and deal with it, for the best for the crew.
  • Looking back, one of the most eventful, memorable, and funnest times I’ve had in Eve. Eve was real, man! :slight_smile:

Said another way, that wardec put a crew of high sec newbros under live fire, and pushed us into strategic thinking and discussion. Man, that was some great and interesting internet sandbox intrigue and fun!

5 Likes

But in reality you had a group of players with pvp practice and good skills wardec a corp of unskilled pve players because they expected easy kills and money.

Even today the game does amazing work hiding alot of game elements from new players. The concept of wardecs is not noticed anywhere and pvp itself is omnipresent in the game but tutorial and career agents dont give much information about it. This works towards creating alot of players that have no idea on how to do pvp and simply start fearing it, never leaving highsec and never even trying it because it simply penalizes them.

1 Like

What was the reason?