Let’s talk about suspect flags for T4/5

Suspect flagging for Abyssal runners would be bad because it would force them to run their sites in desolated systems far away from trade hubs. Let them risk losing their multi-billion ships to few tornadoes by running sites in false safety of highsec.

1 Like

If the case can be made for null, then so can it be made for high-sec.

Here, I’ll spell it out for you:

Removing suspect flag made it slightly riskier to run them in highsec than nullsec. Before it was entirely preferable to run it in nullsec. You still won’t be able to gank them nullsec because people will run it off their mega bloc’s capital. You’re not gonna have the chance to bring a fleet to enemy capital and just sit there and wait for the guy to come out of his trace. But you can still gank them in highsec with a few tornadoes with the protection of concord.

Get it now?

1 Like

Who says high sec did? Do you have stats showing abyssal losses in highsec vs income? No? I didn’t think so.

2 Likes

It’s almost as if you’re trying your utter best, using backwards logic, to try and convince people that the risk vs reward for high sec T4/5 is fine without suspect flagging.

Surely that’s not the case, right?

No. Because you aren’t very good at thinking things through.

Whatever plan you have for hi-sec, you can do it for null.

So high-sec gankers plan on losing their ships? Why can’t null sec gankers think the same way?

As long as they have a ninja looter to get the wreck (if that’s what they are even after) then there isn’t much difference between high and low except for the fact that concord will arrive faster and be more thorough.

Right now cloaky ships can sit in a null sec staging system with impunity. They don’t even show up in local anymore. There’s no reason they can’t sit and wait for someone outside if their abyss site.

There’s also no reason a high sec abyss player can’t have friends watch over the entrance or his own looter ready to pick up the rewards that the runner ejects into a can.

So you think null sec shouldn’t have an income buff due to abyss space. But why do you think highsec should keep it?

why would he do that ?
gankers are not after the loot. They are after the ship.

Because they are not protected by concord -.-

Keep what ?
if the suspect flag is removed from HS, then the relative buff is removed from nullsec. Does not mean HS gets a buff.

Why do you think suspect flag was removed in the first place ?

CCP’s reasons for doing things don’t necessarily follow logic, trying to prove something makes sense based on that is fairly meaningless.

Can you tell us if under the current situation the risk vs reward for high sec T4 and T5 is on par with other high sec options, and isn’t way too good?

I don’t see your logic.
If you don’t like them running Abyssals in HS just gank them.
Cruiser fittet for T5 is worth much more than what it takes to gank it so you end up with a fat profit every time.
And if it isn’t bling you still gank it - after all you already went over the effort to scan down that trace.
It wouldn’t be much fun sitting there ten minutes waiting only to find out you brought the wrong ships and be laughed at by your would be target?

It’s like you’re avoiding the question.

Can you tell us if under the current situation the risk vs reward for high sec T4 and T5 is on par with other high sec options, and isn’t way too good?

funny that you actively try to avoid the question, while it relates to the basis of your arguments.

lol.
define precisely (that is, a rigorous definition instead of an arbitrary one) what is the metric of “risk versus reward” and I can tell you if I can or not answer your question.
Until then your question is meaningless.

LOL.

I knew one person who was repeating the same question even when told this was stupid.

What was his name …

It has always been easy and profitable to gank T5 runners in highsec. And they still cry about it because now it actually requires a real “gank” instead of shooting a sitting duck with ZERO risk. “CCP plz make my l33t ‘ganking’ even easier.” Jeez these people are pathetic af.

Blockquote risk vs reward for high sec T4 and T5

Yes, because shiny ships are more attractive for gankers and therefore allowing t4/5 without flag encourages more gankers actively looking for traces.

Only i wouldn’t trust PIRAT pilots to know how to use combat scanners so maybe theres an actual niche to build a group around the concept?

Several replies, all trying so hard to avoid the basic question. I’ll make it a bit shorter this time, perhaps that will help.

Do you think that high sec T4/T5 payout and risk vs reward is on par with other high sec income options? It’s a simple yes or no question, not too difficult I hope.

yes, incursions pay littel less with waaay less chance of a gank

Dont!

Yes. You’re already putting multi billion ship and pod on the line in abyssal space, plus potential of getting ganked at exist. The simple truth is there’s no defense against a few tornadoes sitting at your exist. The gankers are protected by concord. Last time I checked the break-even point is ~100 sites for T5, which means at >1% failure rate you incur a net loss.

Oh and uhm, don’t lie. We’ll know if you do. Try again.

Take a look in the mirror.

Don’t lie, try again.