Let's block people!

So, the new patch is here. It was controversial to begin with and now that it is here we can readily see that it is only making people block each other from the spam being created in basic public chat channels. Great job!

If the Dev’s have any sort of sense they will roll this nonsense back asap. I honestly don’t care about gambling, but I honestly care about my fellow players turning our game-wide chat channels into spam channels. It ruins the game play.

13 Likes

I’ve requested many times that local should have a local chat suppression button option so I can block all local chat if required for hubs.

if button clicks person cant see local chat and who’s in local but totally worth the risk for peace and quiet on my eyes.

I for one don’t care about this HyperNet thing at all, but I do also care how it’s ruining local chat and how I’m having to block lots of players that I wouldn’t have blocked otherwise…

2 Likes

The feature is new. Perhaps it will settle down in time. I do not like things that degrade the quality of local chat, I am no fan of the hypernet, and I do not feel your pain as sharply because I avoid hubs to the extent that I can, but I feel like we should give it a bit to settle down before we worry too much about the long term consequences to the local channel.

Local is one thing, but it’s been spilling into rookie help chat. And ISD’s have been conspicuously absent as of late.

1 Like

We need a “block any message with a hypernet link” option. We also need more policing in Rookie and help channels to dampen the spammers who, for some reason, generally just spam in 2 languages none of which are English.

Frankly, the fact that CCP didn’t think of these two things before launch is just showing how out of touch they are and how little they care.

6 Likes

Just don’t allow Hypernet offers to be linkable.

5 Likes

What I’d really like is to know how to block people in these forums. Anyone care to educate me on the mechanics? I’ve hunted high and low.

Click on your character pick top right,
click on your name at the top left of the new window
click on Preferences in the drop down menu
click on Users in the list on the left hand side of the window

You need to both Ignore and Mute the characters you want to get rid of. (Sorry I can’t remember what the difference is between the two settings just that I have the same people in both lists)

Oh and you can only block them for 3 (?) months at a time, 'cos :psyccp:

2 Likes

You’re all on my list now!

Scamming has always been a part of the game, and it is fine. What is not fine is encouraging every idiot with a bit of isk to get in on the game with no thought what so ever. New people are regularly being blocked with no idea that they are closing themselves off to people who may otherwise play with them.

1 Like

But are they naughty or nice ?

I didn’t even think of that! :smiley:

HYPER MINING PERMITS AVAILABLE NOW 512 TICKETS AVAILABLE YOUR PRICE IS ONLY 10 MILLION ISK FOR A CHANCE TO WIN!!! :partying_face:

It’s all nbd. It will slow down after a while and be no different than contracts posted in chat. Until then, you will have to just block the people who wernt intrested in communicating with you other than to sell you a ticket.

:money_mouth_face:BUY BUY BUY GREAT DEAL GREAT OFFER BUY BUY BUY :money_with_wings:

:moneybag: BUY BUY BUY NUMBER ONE BEST DEAL BUY BUY BUY :moneybag:

Joke or serious? I think it’s a joke- but you’ve surprised me before.

LOL. I’m not sure whether this is you being new, or not paying enough attention, or what. There are a couple things that made this question unnecessary.

One is mining permits aren’t an item in game that can be traded on the market, or placed in contracts, or anything like that.

The other is the whole point of her post, which you missed, namely that the price of a chance out of 512 to win the prize is the same as the price of the prize itself if you purchased it directly…

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.