Let's Have Less Waffle And More Reality....Nerfed Procurers

no doubt. But i only live once apparently. And its only isk

wich dosen´t matter as you could not get any meaningfull tank by using the 2 midslots, wich turns them into utilityslots and thus the warpoff time is either 8 or 10 sec.

Yeah, I’ve sat on stations and gates for hours at a time. I mean, I wouldn’t sit still on a station or gate while flying ganker bait, but the procurer isn’t exactly ganker bait, is it. Moreover, why does that even matter when a procurer will sit still in a belt for hours at a time.

Now, the increased align time will make it harder for you safe up (assuming you aren’t mining while aligned). However, and this is a big however, you’ll still be tanked like a ■■■■■■■ brick. So, imho, the increased align time isn’t going to make any appreciable difference to the survivability of procurers (in HS).

Now, if you want to argue that this makes the ship a lot worse for LS, then I’d be open for that argument. But even then, that still doesn’t mean that LS miner doesn’t have options. To me, Eve has always been about choosing the right tool for the job. And if the procurer has stopped being the right tool for you, that just means you need to look for a new one.

PROCURER IS USELESS NOW!

SELL THEM QUICK BEFORE PEOPLE REALISE IT AND YOU CAN'T GET ANYTHING AT ALL FOR THEM!!

*goes back to placing buy orders
3 Likes

Which translates to me as…older players want a constant supply of inexperienced noobs to gank. I mean isn’t that what you’re really saying ? Keep the supply of dopy wildebeast coming.

Gankers make up a very small percentage of the population, and most older players aren’t gankers.

3 Likes

Hull tanking IS a thing.

With only two mids it has to be.

This myth that you keep repeating is simply not true. I have only to add a handful of the ganker groups from zkillboard to ‘bad standing’ to see they are all over the place, with scouts in practically every local system. I see them hanging about at gates, lurking in stations, moving from system to system, etc. I recognise some of the names as ‘final shot’ guys from zkillboard. This isn’t once in a blue moon…this is all day long.

2 Likes

Nope. Just because they play prolifically and use many characters, doesn’t mean there’s many of them. There are only about 200 total players who are actively and consistently ganking in the game. And a few more day-trippers who might pop into high-sec to kill a few freighters and then go back to their other activities, or players like me who might gank a small handful of barges in a year just for kicks.

Contrast that to the general population of something like 400,000 unique active players that play per year, of whom 75% are high-sec dwellers.

2 Likes

So I flew through uedama last night and there were 80 people in local. The system before and after had around 60. And other systems around had 40.

If we assume everyone in those systems was a ganker. 80 + 60 + 60+ 40+ 40+ 40 +40 +40+40

That’s 440 gankers. At the time there were over 10k pilots logged into the game.

That’s still what…… 4.4% based on a wild 100% ganker assumption in these systems and lowballing the active player count.

That’s a tiny proportion of the player base. What this comes down to is the same thing I and others have been telling you for weeks.

If you drive around Spain expect to see Spaniards. If you are constantly flying through ganker hotspots you are going to see gankers.

And finally. Setting an entire corp to negative standings will give you false positives. Some ganker corps don’t just gank…… they have other aspects to their game play. But if you for safety reasons set the whole corp to red then even the members who might be doing PI or mission running flash up as threats.

This is just a massive case of your own confirmation bias at play.

1 Like

That’s a really generous methodology, which makes you way overestimate the figures. Why would there be 440 gankers concentrated in just 8 systems? It’s more like 20-25 ganking characters (at peak times) located in a staging system, with a hauler alt or two on standby and scanners covering 3 or 4 gates. Maybe another similar group would be operating around Jita or Hek at the same time, and a few solo hauler gankers like the guy who sits outside the Amarr hub in a Tornado.

This would give you around 40-60 players at any given time, accounting for alt usage and the presence of small-time gankers floating around the universe, which is in line with the fact that the same players aren’t playing 24/7, so there’s consistent turnover. Then you arrive at the ~200-player figure, which is consistent with zKill stats.

That’s utter nonsense. I’ve actually watched their activity…not just casually but actively watched what they are up to. They are clearly not mission running or whatever, but actively scouting out targets. It’s as plain as daylight.

Hence the last paragraph. The point I’m making is that even if you extremely over state the problem you get to a negligible % of the player base involved in ganking

Assume everyone in thirds systems is a ganker.

Half the active count.

I’m well aware it’s a ridiculous way of quantifying it. The hope was it make the poster realise the absurdity of the claim that gankers are not a small proportion of the player base

1 Like

It is quite comically laughable to suggest that there are just 200 gankers in the whole of Eve at any one moment when I can often see 3 or 4 even just in one system. Oh…I suppose next you’ll tell me these guys only gank on Thursdays and are having their ‘day off’…lol.

Is it? Really?

There must be like 210,000 ice miners in the game because I see 30 in this ice belt over here, and there’s like 7,000 total systems.

1 Like

Yes it is…as you are just making up stuff off the top of your head whereas I am telling you the reality I have actually seen.

:slight_smile:

You believe what you want. And continue to compain.

I’ll believe what I want and enjoy playing eve.

Everyone is a winner

Here are some concrete KB stats:

• Over the past week, CONCORD drones got roughly 800 kills.
  • About 75% of those (~600) were in Uedama.
  • Uedama reports 303 characters getting kill mails over this period of time, which includes anti-gankers, and random PvP encounters like war decs.
  • We can roughly extrapolate this to ~400 characters (including AG activity and random PvP) to the entire universe after accounting for the 25% that aren’t in Uedama.

So there’s literally at most about 400 characters engaging in ganking over the course of a week. In reality that figure is much lower, as looking at Uedama’s stats, the majority of all kills are against gankers (i.e. AG activity latching on to CONCORD kill mails). AGs seem to have a high number of unique characters contributing small amounts of participation time.

The ~150-200 ganker figure I’ve been quoting for a long time now is a mathematically-valid estimate.