LETTER TO CCP Volume 2

IF they wanted to fleece us for all we have, as you said, then the LAST thing they’d want to do is upset a large portion of the players to the point where they mass unsub their alts.

Instead they would make everything easy, everything safe, you’d be able to buy AT ships from the Store (lol) and they’d create some sort of personal abyssal space that only you and your friends can enter, filled with ores and no nasty npc or timers. That is the hallmark of companies that have given up on their games: everything easy, sell it all, nobody cares any more.

But they didn’t do that did they. They intentionally pissed off pretty much everyone for two whole fcking years! because they decided it was needed for the long term health of the game. That is not in line with what you’re saying.

1 Like

“The proof will be in the pudding, as they say.”

I’m not going to call the person out; this is a common mistake. I’m hoping that the following correct version of the saying will make its way through the English-speaking world and, in sixty or so years, become at least as ubiquitous as the perversion.

‘The proof of the pudding is in the eating.’

Which, I think you’ll agree, makes much more sense.

1 Like

there are some remarkable sentences. there like :slight_smile:

that one for example.
:slight_smile:

I believe --for the case-- anger was a foreseen byproduct of the action.
I would love it to be as you describe but think of it for a sec: Perhaps zero fcs were given to the player base reaction and those who moved were also foreseen casualties already accounted for.

For this particular issue, please give it the benefit of doubt.

1 Like

Oooh touche good answer

1 Like

“Letter to CCP” :rofl: They won’t even address a bug in the forum or answer bug-report thread and you think they’re going to waste their time with your ‘letter’ :sweat_smile:
Dreaming

Well yes, of course. You don’t make a 2 year plan causing a total drought and not expect, and thus account for, people giving up on it. Again, short term bad, long term good.

Richard Bartle once made a really good piece on the problems of MUDs (or MMO these days), with short and log term problems and solutions.

point 3: When MMOs change (as they must), players only ever
judge the merits of the change based on its short-term
effects. A long-term benefit will not impress them if
there’s a short-term loss.

This means developers can’t add
something that’s long-term good but short-term bad, nor
remove something short-term good but long-term bad.

point 4: Short-term good, long-term bad design choices
cause players to leave.

point 4 says that players leave any MMO built on the results of their own
short-term views. point 3 means they won’t recognize that what caused them
to leave was indeed the cause.

Or to put it in normal English: if you let players decide what to do or change, they will always choose short term changes and they will hate the long term results of their choices. Making them quit.

2 Likes

I didn’t read your whole post because, forgive me if I’m wrong, it just seems like the same nullbear whinging we’ve been enduring for weeks now, just with bigger words.

I do agree that there was an undesirable psychological impact to “scarcity”. In hindsight, maybe CCP should never have used that term.

They probably should have called it something like “slightly less abundance”. That would have been more accurate - it never got to a point where it was difficult to make isk at all, or prices on anything became prohibitively high.

Nevertheless, it’s obvious that a segment of the player base feels as if they have been deprived. I chalk this up purely to the psychological impact of being told that there was scarcity.

1 Like

This subject first was under volume 2 first i added then removed… because it gets even more complicated to present under one post and become too long. I just divided and call volume 3. Else it would be a hard and long read I wanted to keep it simple. I will send that in the future too.

:hugs: it is pretty optimistic :slight_smile:

There are many kinds of scarcity. Some of them are easily identified within the isolated environment of the EVE sub-forums, as follows.

Patience
Maturity
Reason
Altruism
Effort…

I grow rather weary of people threatening to un-sub, or indeed needlessly informing us/CCP that they have already done so; don’t you, beloved capsuleers?

The infant bumps its knee and hollers loud and long (Naughty table-leg!) - until Mummy administers the band-aid of a gentle kiss and soothing words.

No actual harm has befallen you. If your response to disappointment is to holler loud and long, know that ‘Mummy’ may simply ignore you, for you have left dummies and diapers far behind.

2 Likes

your post is bit off topic . but since you are crying here this mommy will answer you. here is my answer to you :

No actual harm has befallen you. If your response to disappointment is to holler loud and long, know that ‘Mummy’ may simply ignore you, for you have left dummies and diapers far behind.
but i heard you… yes and here is your band aid kiss
:kiss:

True, of course…but Blue…is it possible that your hammer might be applying practical psychology that is highly important IRL to a video game world that is not all that important?

If ccp drives EvE into the ground tomorrow, should that be of great importance to any of us? Is it psychologically healthy to be so emotionally invested in a game world?

I like EvE a lot, but despite what ccp said, it aint real.

‘Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar’ (some weird Austrian dude)

1 Like

I doubt that very much. You posted triggering things on purpose and are barely aware of the most basic pysch stuff beyond buzz words. Lets not front mmkay.

You literally don’t have the emotional maturity to not get banned or throw tantrums on the fourms. Forgive if I don’t buy your opinion of EVE Online :smiley:

Not really. Correlation isn’t causation and you haven’t even proved they correlate. They merely correlate in your opinion. How are you proving it scientifically? You don’t even have the full data set because CCP wouldn’t give an internet rando those numbers ROFL.

They aren’t groundless tho. They are opinions, like yours. Mindlessly posting links doesn’t proof correlation nor causation.

In reality you need much stronger data points, which you can’t get.

Preach.

of course she is haha

Preach it brother. Someone else here has clearly taken a research method class :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t imply anything myself @Xuxe_Xu CCP self taking pride in the value of their games in precisely the parameter I have mentioned in my OP. And they do present this on many different platforms. As Well as CCP database has been used by these researches. Please read the article carefully.

I do respect your doubts.

I don’t accept and claim anything else than CCP taking pride in.
Issue is. Universities taking these data and building strategies… my Question is… what CCP learn from these strategies else than having the raw result of research thesis ext etc.
I don’t write anything else than what researchers concluded. and please read my prior post too if you have time. You can clearly read there how “status quo bias” work on eve online.

First CCP, then hundreds of researchers make applications to CCP to access data emphasizing this fact.
this is not my personal opinion.

Please read the OP careful. And only criticise me on the points I reflect my personal opinions.
this is just a game. No need to be loyal to the king more than the king.

Except as other people have pointed out, this is a vidya game. You can’t correlate real life scarcity, which has larger implications, with “scarcity” in a vidya game, which isn’t even really scarcity.

Bro, you keep missing. You seriously should seek some sort of help since you can’t differentiate between a vidya game and reality.

Honestly, as I come to see your posts more, I totally understand now what went down with RvB.

Please send your message there:

TO CCP, not me. since this article was published … the amount of data and research around it far more than doubled up.
Also do not expect any further answer from me as long as you don’t write and act descent.

It may be; I sometimes do that. Breaking rules can be useful.

As for my complaining; I do that, too. My complaints, however, are usually couched in language which is terse and direct, highly organised and unemotional

The difference is that I have understood the true origin of your ‘letter’, and it is my hope that I have demonstrated that truth in action.

If I have failed; no matter, Una Noche Mas. I have more than una noche mas to get it right…

Wut? Why would I send it there? Also that article is from 2010. Which tells me you don’t even know the standards for lit reviews ROFL.

You’re embarrassing yourself yet again.

Instead you dodge my post cause it shreds your narrative :smiley:

1 Like

I am really glad that you understand the main idea and motivation of my first and second letters. Behavioural economics gaining more and more weight in business are and some of the frontier corporations have already begun to take advantage of it.
Insttead of crying and just complaining… I do my best to introduce this to both the player base and to CCP because this can help them to make all these long term changes with minimal drawbacks.

Current situation and player bases reactions of course saddening… and as you mention you are getting weary too… I think I’m more customised to read and take this kind of reaction so I don’t have an issue with it… I have enough hugs and band-aid kisses for everyone.