[Lifeblood] Moon Mining Revamp - Main Thread

Please take long look at rorquals as this would bring about unfair game play for risk vs reward. Because the panic mode gives way to much protection to the mining fleet when you use more then one. One burns out start the next one, as one docks up right after running it. Just move the belts out bit more then 200km out then what the panic can touch you at 200km out. Make them use the rorquals in the belts like they were design for…

1 Like

no you cant because you can still point the rorq while it is in panic. this means it can not dock

1 Like

How about we keep the compositions the same and reduce the volume for uncommon, common, and ubiquitous ores to 2 m3? I think that would be fair since they are the less valuable moon ores. :new_moon_with_face:

Shame the isk per m3 (128-1700 or so) for the ores is so low. I wont be seeing much of these ores in jita as they are pretty hard to transport. Dreams of a reprocessor squashed :frowning: .

Cheers,
Neug

… you uh did you just use sisi prices to try and represent what they will cost on tq

i’m trying to anchor an Athanor in Carrou (0.4).

i hve worked out how to launch it and get “VALID LOCATION”.

however, it then says “LOCATION NOT ELIGABLE FOR MOON MINING”.

i checked and as best i can tell, there is no other refinery anchored.

how do i get it positioned so i can try the moon drill?

No, tq prices given the composition on sisi was used.

Further Details -

Neug

… oh so much better. You’re trying to use current moon goo prices to reflect the added effort post change.

It seems R16’s are about as good to mine as Arkonor. Not sure how that sits with that crowd, too high, too low?

Cheers,
Neug

You can’t possibly know the value of anything at this point. Until it’s live on the server and actually impacts the economy it’s complete guesswork what is going to happen with prices.

1 Like

Using today’s prices is ofc going to skew results. Unfortunately, that’s all we have. I’m sure some folks out there have enough data to extrapolate what will happen to the moon goo market.

not with the scope of the change. do you have any idea how much more difficult LS moons will be to mine with this change?

Hey all,

All features and items and their respective stats, effects and build costs are now final on Singularity. Please bug report anything you think is off!

Thanks. Everything is very pretty now. Everything is pretty now. Except for the missing hole in the table for the nonexistent 15% mercoxit variety. Which really needs a placeholder dummy item.

I know mercoxit never shows up in moon compositions. But I must say from a coding perspective it is really weird to have a hole in the table and formulas where the 15% mercoxit variety should be. Can you guys give us a dummy item like “Rumored Mercoxit” to plug the gap so we don’t have to get stuck coding in exceptions each time we try to work with all the ore’s and their variants? Even if it never spawns in game beyond it’s market listing, it would make 3rd party development more straightforward.

edit; Also, as a verified bug; Right now you can’t even reprocess compressed 15% ore variants. I had my suspicions when they lacked an ‘industry’ tab. So I went and yanked some out of a moon, compressed it, and no joy.

in all my time i have never put mercox with regular ores no matter what i’m doing lol not saying something in the api for this isn’t a bad idea

Yep, this is a confirmed bug, which was fixed today internally and will be fixed on Sisi with the next patch (tomorrow).

So does that mean the moon ore volumes and compositions are final?

That’s correct, if something looks off to you please let us know.

Since we are unable to compress moon ores, I feel that the volume 10 m3 per unit is a bit high. Has there been thought in reducing the volume of ubiquitous and common moon ores?