[Lifeblood] Moon Mining Revamp - Main Thread

The ‘Moon Ores’ category on the market is invisible in the category tree. When you show info on moon ores you can get to the Moon Ores category, but browsing the market window it’s nowhere to be found.

Edit: Actually, scratch that. The entire category seems broken.

Edit 2: Oh, and something completely different. Depending on where you are in a moon belt, there’s not always an option of easily warping to the nearby refinery. In some cases the moon belt spawns so close to the structure that you get ‘approach’ instead. This seems undesirable. Maybe have the belt spawn a bit further back or lower the minimum warp distance?

This is correct, you’re best bet will likely be to refine the materials locally before transporting it elsewhere.

Untick “Show only available” :grinning:

Whoops, that fixed it :smiley:

Don’t miss my second edit, please :stuck_out_tongue:

In some cases you may need to either approach or bounce via a celestial or bookmark, we discussed this internally but felt that some level of fuzziness in the distances was desirable. We could address this in the future if there are reasonable objections.

I suppose this ‘fuzziness’ is meant to generate content in areas where no other dockable structures exist, like maybe lowsec or deep null? The thing is, in 90% of the situations there will be another structure in system. So having people warp to another structure first is little more than an annoyance, at best.

I kinda see what the idea is, but I don’t think it will work out the way you hope it will.

remember this will also be coming to WH

Yeah but let’s be realistic, WH moon mining was the definition of an afterthought. And anyone who’s anchoring a refinery on a moon in WH is almost guaranteed to have another structure there already.

not true at all. particularly if i’m only in there for the mining

By extrapolate I mean moon goo and T2 in general going up, and ore, minerals, and T1 going down. People with a lot of historical data can probably make a fairly good guess as to how much.

LS moons will be mined by non-nulsec entities now because larger ones cba to send a flock of miners to go mine an asteroid belt 3 regions away, let alone defend the refinery from constant attacks.

lol they simply wont be mined much at all, unluck in null they will be death traps

Are the refineries only for Moon Goo at first release and gas reactions will remain the same?

Can a refinery be placed in high sec (anywhere, not just at a 0.5 moon), and raw material be shipped to it from other types of security space?

Reactions are not allowed in high-sec. You can ship material around, but any reactions you do must be in L/N/W.

you can place them anywhere but just like now reactions are only LS/NS/WH

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.