[Lifeblood] Reactions

@Z1gy They are part of the new Reactions:

still disappointing all industry is the exact same now :confused: would have been nice if you would have just made a more functional UI but kept the mechanics

Hi CCP,

I can not for the life of me get the ‘time bonus’ calculations to work. Can you please check my workings.

Let’s Assume Large Refinery

Base Time = 3hrs or 180 Minutes
Skills and Implants (at 5) = 20%
Structure Bonus = 25%
T1 Reaction Bonus (in Null) = 22%

My working formula = 180 x (1-0.2-0.25-0.22)
= 59.4 Minutes

However in game with the same stats = 84 Minutes???

This makes a SIGNIFICANT difference to the amount of characters required to make my particular reaction farm work.

The time reductions are multiplicative not additive, as always.

180 * 0.8 * 0.75 * 0.78 = 84.24

2 Likes

Okay, I see. that works.

So my summary is you might want to consider the following. I run 8 POS’s 8 simple reactions to supply 4 Complex reactions.

In a Medium Refinery with T2 rigs. I’m going to need 4 Characters to do this. This even with the reduction in fuel blocks makes you worse off.

To which I now have to buy a large refinery. And even with T1 rigs I will need 3 characters (not sure if worth the 15 bill investment).

To add to that, only way you can get it down to 2 characters is Large with T2 Rigs. At the time of writing this post the cost of a T2 rig. 25 Billion isk.

So I am essentially going to need HALF A TITAN to do my current reaction farm. Lucky I can afford it, Sorry to the rest of the 99% of eve that probably can’t.

1 Like

I said this when you announced refineries in the Dev blog. All your Citadels added Value to the players. You really have not done that for the people doing reactions.

2 Likes

Why do you need 8 characters to do 12 reactions? Each character can run up to 11 simultaneous reactions with max skills.

its the time to do it that is the difference.

Oh, I see what you’re getting at. If you want to output the same amount of materials in what used to take you one hour on a POS, then yes, you will need more characters.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.