[Lifeblood] Refineries, Moon Drills and the Extraction Process

I hadn’t yet considered the greater availability of the scram as the bonus to the larger vulnerability windows of the refineries. Looks like chunks need to be scheduled during vulnerability when this goes live.

Thanks!

Given that the scheduler shows the vulnerability period I suspect CCP have very much thought of this. For low-sec at least it’ll give some level of defense against solo / small gang attacks.

The issue isn’t it having some level of defense. The issue is the unbreakable scram/web. Even if they cant kill you, you’re stuck there for 20 minutes trying to slowly move out of range Its more of a structure ewar problem in general. Most roaming gangs going for miners are nano, to move quickly. Nano gangs and structure fights rarely go well for the attackers if the structure can web/scram for that long. Its way to big of an advantage to the defender to be able to force the mining into vuln windows with that much no counterplay ewar.

Last I check the scram on the citadel structures only works when the structure is vulnerable, so that would be the only window when it would work on anyone attacking the mining fleet. plus the belt is going to be right on the 250km range point of the scram and web so possible to avoid them completely from what I’m seeing. so you only have to worry about the structure missles really.

Will I still get the same refining bonus on a citadel or engineer complex after the patch?

The moon chunk is a Large Collidable Object, but it currently has no collision model, so its possible to fly around inside it.

One possible fix for your scenario at Refineries, would be to remove “auto repeat” from the module. Attentive pilots would have a chance to escape, while in sieges involving many pilots, some might miss when the effect briefly drops.

According to previous dev blogs … no.

Hey all. thanks for the feedback!

Just wanted to not the following addition from today

Enjoy!

1 Like

Hey folks, another day, another update :slight_smile:

Hi
What do the color’s mean on the moon scans?
some show grey, others red some blue / orange?

1 Like

Is the distribution going to be roughly the same across null sec or are areas like the drone lands going to get a poorer selection?

Have rigs and service modules been released for reactions in refineries yet?

@CCP_Lebowski current issues I’m seeing:

Cheers,
equi

@CCP_Lebowski

is it intentional that refineries can only manufactured in sotiyo’s / outposts?

That would be pretty rubbish if they leave it that way. It would simply hand all refinery production to larger entities.

@CCP_Lebowski
When you explode a chunk, part of the explosion hits the refinery. It would make sense for the shields to reflect that too when doing so

1 Like

just something that has bugged me for a while and since we are re-doing moon mining thought it would bring it up.

can you add the survey time of the probes to the attributes rather than the description

Hopefully not and CCP have a history of forgetting to add “structure” related stuff to to “permitted to build” lists.

If so then please make sure it doesn’t trigger a “structure under attack” notification.