[Lifeblood] Refineries, Moon Drills and the Extraction Process

I would like to add that while the vuln time is definitely a good idea for moon mining; I think it would be best if they had a reduced window if not placed on a moon. the wide time is needed to keep the moon slots attack able but its limiting if it is just being used for refining.

Seams that Bonuses are finally added to the Refineries. In my opinion, the Athanor should have a TE Bonus for Reactions too and not only the Tatara; maybe are not final but I think we could start with some feedback and testing:

Rigs are available too.

rigs are there, but not seeded?

There’s a couple of minor final functionality tweaks being made on the rigs, they will likely be seeded early next week!

Couple things I have noticed so far:

1. Reaction Fuel Blocks for Tungsten Plates and Titanium Plates are backwards. Nitrogen is for Caldari Titanium plates not oxygen.

2. Text descriptions for refining and refining efficiency skills do not reflect moon ores and it is unclear if they will impact refining rates unless one tests it directly.

3. Since basic reactions output 2x the inputs of the intermediate, to remain true to the old system to match fuel consumption, the advanced reaction would require 10 blocks per cycle not 5 (unless I derped on the math somewhere I have not found it yet).

What do the different color’s mean on the moon scan results?

I was reading the csm minutes and I came across these bits about Refineries:

“The CSM asked how long the field would last for, to which CCP replied the asteroids would
disappear in 1-2 days if they aren’t mined out.”

“You can adjust the cycle up to a maximum of 56 days.”

So if you start a 56 day cycle it will only last 1-2 days? Wouldn’t a larger chunk persist in space longer?

1 Like

they seem to just be color coded by ore. seems the match the ore ledger

@CCP_Lebowski any idea when the next seed change will be tested?

New rigs are seeded on the market and working now. Everything seems to calculate and refine correctly.

Confirmed. The racial blocks for these were indeed backwards when I looked at them a few days ago.

1 Like

just noticed that the L reprocessing rigs bonus and the XL reprocessing bonus are essentially the same just one size bigger as opposed to the medium one which is specialized toward specific ore/moon/ice

the XL just a more expensive and after plugging them into the refineries the L offers better percentage since the XL can only be used in an XL citadel

can i suggest that the XL rig to have an extra bonus toward modules/rigs/ships reprocessing to differentiated them from the L rigs and to give that element of choice - do we go with L plus refineries that offer more return on ore/ice vs do we go XL plus keepstar that offer less on ore/ice but has bonus in reprocessing loots

thanks

The relative values of the different reprocessing rig sizes are going to be adjusted as part of the release. Mostly because refineries only come in M and L sizes unlike the M, L and XL citadels, and refineries will end up being the optimal location for refining. (Similar to how we moved the best manufacturing bonuses from citadels to engineering complexes with the EC release)
We’ll be converting and compensating rig items where appropriate, with more details to come in a dev blog once we nail down the specifics.

2 Likes

CCP Masterplan,
Will the amounts of the T2 salvage requirements be adjusted as for the rigs? In as far as I can determine at current Jita pricing, the cost of the Tatara, T2 Rigged, will be in excess of 140B isk, not counting the service mods or the drill. Other than TIME, the small difference between the two refineries does not justify the implementation of the Tatara, other than being a huge loot pinata that in all likelihood will never recover its investment cost.

Even the T1 version, 12b for the bare hull, 17+B for the rigs, one is hard pressed to justify its usage.

Jita prices right now are inflated because people already rushed the markets in light of the upcoming changes. You can’t balance prices around the current value.

just a bonus to using a refinery for refining i see no issue with this

rigs have been climbing in price for the last few year. you could get T2 rigs for 2b isk for large structures a few year ago. now its closer to 45b
its a long overdue buff to exploration

the hell are you talking about? they have only existed for a little over a year? it wont be two until next april.

as for exploration buff the problem was it buffed relic sites even further data sites were ignored before this and now are just a joke.

Sisi has had citadels on for much much longer than a year, so market hording / speculation started a long time before they ever hit TQ.

keepstar build requirements were known about in spring 2015…

Is the Tatara ever getting its capital undock port? Little over two weeks until release and every piece of promotional art during EVE Vegas shows the current Tatara without the capital undock port.