Linux Software... for everyone

I don’t care… it is not my job to protect the open source community… I use whatever does the job the way I want it to giving me the less amount of pain… It could be hand coded by the Lord of hell himself (if he was real)…

Remember internet explorer ? The hell of inter-not-operating standards, closed formats, etc. ?
That was a regression for users. That was when adobe flash became mandatory. No harm intended, but this was a whole ■■■■ for everybody.

You DO care. You are just too stupid to admit it. You are too stupid to learn the lessons of history - or too young to have lived through them and too stupid to seek knowledge.
You just don’t get what harm Microsoft strategy did at that time. They were operating AGAINST the end users, in order to kill opponents. THAT is the reason why they had to pay apple, and some linux distributions.

Again that is not my job… I use whatever works the best… IE was ■■■■? yes… but it worked better than netscape probably? (yes I used netscape) … I didn’t cared then and I don’t care now… Today I use safari when on a mac, opera when on a windows machine both works fine and I still don’t care (don’t use linux for desktop much but if I have to I will use whatever browser is built-in and don’t suck too much balls).

LOL putting words on other peoples mouths whoa nice… I started working with windows servers around NT 4.0 and linux when the kernel was 2.4 … I will not claim that I have more experience than you but I’ll claim that I talk waaaay less bullshilt than you do… What microsoft did or did not is not my problem, as I stated before I’m a result oriented kind of guy, if works it works and that is the only thing I care about.

Q. Okay. And now, again, for the Jury, what does embrace mean in this context as used by Microsoft employees?

A. It’s used to indicate a strategy where Microsoft will embrace the standards or the specifications and interfaces of another company’s software.

Q. Okay. And what does extend refer to?

A. Once the specifications have been embraced, then Microsoft will extend them and add additional interfaces proprietary to Microsoft.

Q. Okay. When you say add additional proprietary interfaces that are Microsoft’s, what impact does that have technologically to other ISVs and OEMs?

A. Well, the result is or the impact is that what was once sort of community development property, the work of the industry and industry participants is appropriated essentially, is taken over by Microsoft.

And then Microsoft takes it and with its proprietary extensions, makes it essentially unavailable on a going-forward basis to the industry participants who were responsible for first developing the specifications and the standards.

Q. Okay. And when Microsoft makes those APIs unavailable to certain ISVs and OEMs, what’s the impact to those ISVs and OEMs of their ability technologically to create products?

A. It reduces their ability to create products, especially products that will interoperate with Microsoft’s products.

http://www.groklaw.net/articlebasic.php?story=20070108020408557

You ask why, I tell you why.
It’s not about being “result oriented” or whatever this ■■■■■■■■. If you were really “result oriented” then you would fight against Microsoft, because they tried to kill Opera, Macintosh as well.
All you’re saying is that you are a lazy one who does not want to take a decision of what is good or bad, so you find whichever excuse you can make up to convince yourself.

Again, not my job… they tried to kill (insert anything here)? but they didn’t (at least anything I care about, don’t know about other things)…

lets get an example… Microsoft tried to kill LDAP? probably but then… they failed and even if they had killed it I would still only use Active Directory anyways so why should I care?.. LDAP still alive and kicking, everyone is happy… you (not me), should be concerned about Microsoft buying github… I personally think that even if they eventually destroy it the community will just migrate to something else and balance will be restored…

I’m not a soldier, I’m a user and don’t need to fight anything If I don’t want to.

MRWE there’s a thread about technology