Little things in Uprising expansion

Some interesting changes i did notice that the fitting window had been updated.

Not sure why my or npc structures looks well strange :slight_smile:

This image is taken from inside the HLW-HP Archangel Moon 1 NPC station, so i am docked, seen the same in my keepstar and in a sotiyo, this image is taken after i logged out and back on, when i log in everything is just black, undock and dock again and this is what i see.

I love that the number of fittings you can have has been doubled, i had just hit max on my corp and personal has been full since 2020 :slight_smile:

Amazing changes.

As to your question regarding additional suggestions.

*let us mapp the loot-all button in shortcuts?
*add a compress all button? For on grid compression and make it mappable?

*increase online bookmark folders to 5 (yes i understand server issues. Possibly a manual sync option?)

• Alliance
  • Corp
  • Alts
  • Public (eve scout, etc.)
  • Utility (like trading escalations or any other situational folder)

*Add another skill or two for additional jump clones. I have several clones in the same station and swap between implant sets. Because of this my clons are concentrated and regional mobity is reduced. Or be really generous and make that the existing skills give us more jump clones?

*Add another skill or two for further reducing jump clone cool down. Sometimes i jump at the end of a night and can’t relocate at start of next day.

*this one will be controversial: a structure that can be anchored and needs to be fueled to let you jump clone in and out of a WH. Or a service module that is installed in the Astra to do so. (QOL for WH PI alts.) Or simply let us homestation in a WH.

Meaningless tasks like this need to be reduced cause if i’m commuting a empty jump clone in a shuttle im not PVP or PVE ing. I know that if all toons live in a WH it’s not a problem. But as someone who does HS, LS, NS and WH content it is.

The jump clone QOL changes can be integrated in to the EVE lore with the Interbus changes.

We know the lore permits it as jumpcloning to a WH is possible in Thera so is homestation setting. (we can assume that SOE has that technology)

Lore wise you are not relocated to a new jumpclone as soon you jump trough a WH. Even if it collapses.

Lore wise when a abyssal trace colapses you get relocated to a new jump clone as the connection is lost just like when you get poded. This does not happen in WH space.

So lore supports the ability to jump clone in and out of WHs.

(change my opinion, lol) :slight_smile:

*the compression window in space needs more work. If i click compress. I don’t want to click compress again. Yes. Its nice that i can see what’s happening and do multiple ores at once. But same was able to be done by shift clicking. From a UI perspective It is a downgrade from the old way of on grid compression. Just from the UI perspective. The new compression mechanics are A+

*let me compress moon ores if the structure has a reprocessing plant. It does lets us do asteroid and Ice. A structure compressor should be able to compress moon ore. Especially that an orca can compress moon ores.

*let the porpoise compress ice. For Shattered WH ice mining fleets.

*i want the resists to go up even more. Back in the day we could get the resists up way more. Giving remote reps significantly more weight. I understand that the resist changes were added to increase the destruction levels. But it had a negative impact on several game play styles.

*Show the J-systems on the map. Just like before Thera expansion. This is why you were able to light a cyno in a WH. There was a possibility to see the LY distance and jump. Technically i would pressume you can still do it if the WH you are jumping to is in the same constellation. I should test it on sisi.

*I would love the ability to claim a WH. If you dont want to give full sov gameplay i understand. (several game mechanics at play) but let us at least anchor something so people know who’s house they in

OPINION: Also if full sov gameplay is added to the WH’s it would provide breathing ground for many smallet corps and alliances to incubate in. as sov would need to be taken before a medium structure can be anchored.

OPINION: we know from lore that WH stabilization technology exists. Let WH players anchor some structure to do so. Make it use fuel. This way if they find a connection they like they can keep it running for longer. It would permit a readout of exact mass left on the wh and need to be anchored on one side to work. And if destroyed the wh finishes it’s cycles normally.

Also the wh would still have max mass and would die when empty. The structure would let it live longer so prevent from changing state (not go eol) those wh’s would be dependent on the daily mass regen.

A bigger version of this structure can also regen some mass per minute?

*let me anchor more then 1 command center per planet. This way if i im limited on number of planets i can still extract the othe ressources needed.

Those who want to argue/elaborate on my opinion feel free to do so.

You can add every squad member with two clicks per squad:

1. In the Fleet window, right click squad leader.
  2. Left click “add all squad members to watchlist”.
    (The menu item might have a different name, I’m not sure that I’m remembering it correctly.)

It usually takes me half a minute to organize my watchlist once everyone gets in fleet, I’m not really sure how I’d manage to take half an hour… :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Very appreciative of this prospective update, thank you to the team behind this.

Love these changes!!! The logi pilot in me LOVES the 100 person watch list.
For those that run ongoing ever changing fleets (standing fleets/ incursions/etc where pilots come and go a bunch), maintaining/finding one person in a watchlist of that size could be a struggle. Please add a buttons that will give you options to sort by:

1. Alphabetic Order
  2. Fleet Hierarchy
  3. Color

Another expansion on this idea that would prob be harder to implement but very helpful: Have an option to assign colors in the watchlist to a squad. That way when you add people from the fleet in, they auto get a color based on the squad they are in.
EX. Logi squad is orange, dps is red, command is green, etc

1 Like

It is nice to see a thread with such positive energy.

2 Likes

@CCP_karkur and the Little Things team are my favorite CCP devs! Every single time there’s something awesome (and a bunch of other great stuff) <3

Best changes:
Jump clone button is now your friend instead of your enemy
Mobile depots are 90% less annoying

If every developer was as good at understanding and delivering on requests from the playerbase, this game would be infinitely better, and likely have 60k concurrent constantly.

I see that normal capitals are now shown in the super/titan hangar, it sure is a very dark place, which is making it hard to see skins and such, here my Phoenix is using the Vital shift skin.

Get some standards and self respect.

This is basement level Stockholm Syndrome levels of “update”.

Add colour tagging on Overview so you can ‘mark’ most commonly used friendly structures.

1 Like

No cloning into WH please. You will break a fundamental part of spooky space gameplay.

Just scan your chain out like a normal person, please.

Please add a way to make TABS in your Item Hangar, let me make different tabs to sort items in and let me name those tabs aswell
Example
Item Hangar (main hangar tab)
(Right click item hangar, with a option to add a subtab under Item Hangar with a custom name.
Kinda like adding categories to your Item Hangar with different names

Going for a Hail Mary on this one as it seems that PI changes are verboten:

• Saving a layout of structures to be able to drop it on other planets. Cluster your factories the way you like it, leave off the extractors and you can apply that same layout to another group. Makes it easier when having to relocate…flee to other corners of the universe when needed. It doesn’t even need to save the ins and outs (though that would be nice) but just let me repeat my beautiful structural footprint

• Restarting extractors all at once. Too lazy? How about restarting a planet all at once then? Those click boxes are sometimes frustrating to get

• Multi Split (Not just PI) Highlight multiple items, do the same combination to split stacks into a variable…and you now can do one drag and drop of all your ammo, missiles, etc before roaming. Saved fittings? Well…then there’s that but still

• Initiate planetary transfer while docked within a station in the system. I can physically drop a command center without undocking but I can’t tell some dude (or dudette) on the surface to launch supplies to a customs office?

“Little Changes” is one of the best projects CCP has done in years. So many brilliant changes here. :heart_eyes:

I really hope that CCP can continue to ask players for feedback on more projects, because the result is always better when you do.

A community of thousands of dedicated players will always be able to come up with more ideas and features than a small CCP dev team of 5-10 people ever could.

You could even ask the players for feedback earlier in the project when it’s only on the drawing board. For example, I would love to see a post like this from CCP:

“We are planning to improve the Mission Agent system in EVE, what new features would you like to see in a new mission system? Post your ideas in this thread on the forum”

Keep up the good work CCP!

Book mark colors would be nice. So we can set different points of reference or routes both in system and main map. These bookmarks also will have color bars in the location menu when you pull them up.

Stringing Map bookmarks into routes that can be used by autopilot or route set. [Colors allowed as well.]

Stringing Map and System bookmarks together so either autopilot, or manual piloting can use them as part of a route.

Larger number of colors for contact grades. Current in game 5 colors isn’t enough. There needs to be more colors, and coordination with colors of contacts and labels. So one can quickly sort them out on the UI.

Also Labels need to be more responsive when you look up people in the UI via the social tab.

Maybe one other thing. You can mouse over a map/system bookmark and it will tell you information pertaining to that marked location. Say I know a location is used alot for a special event, or maybe a notable historical event from my career.

This is great. Thank you

@CCP_karkur
I was thinking on one of my considerations of a little thing, but kind of realized it was a big thing.

this probably could not be done in time for the Uprising patch. [Maybe]

Can we have a system in game that when one looks at the attributes of ship hulls/modules etc.

We can see the negative/positive percentages and the total thereof? As they are adjusted by externals [systems-wormholes-storms], ammunition variants, hostile effects EWAR etc, rigs, implants, boosters modules again.

Its been kind of frustrating even with all the recent changes to pin down how something is affecting the attributes of a ship hull or module.

Example. If I show info a Stratios I am flying, the stats of the hull are show, I can mouse over them but then the data only shows an up down arrow and what is supposedly affecting the ships stats. But I don’t have concrete numbers or percentages…in red or green showing what is going on. Red is negative, Green is positive. Which would help players on Tranquility further refine ship fits and the mechanics of skill/implant/booster/system affects on said ships and modules will be understood more clearly.

This would be helpful for the players and figuring out how some modules have benefits and downsides.

Now the attributes themselves go green and red. Denoting positive/negative affects. But what I am aiming at is the actual denoted items and effects causing the positive/negative effects.

If I have a neutron blaster and its attribute is positive green, I want to know by mousing over the green attribute, what exactly is affecting it and by how much its being affected by. Not having guess work.

Did my blasters damage go up by what item that affected that attribute. Was it the booster, the system I was in, or something else. [This might make things more sensible for Wormhole players depending on their Wormhole of choice.] It will help demystify things, also it can allow for a more transparent balancing process, because people can show things exactly as it affects them in game.

Awesome changes here all around.
Some thing, that me and quite a few other people I know would like to see, would be the ability to auto sort the watch list.
While i see, that exporting and importing watchlists might me tricky, for a lot of things it would be enought to create the option to auto sort by color.
Assigned colors stay for characters, so if there would be a setting to set color hierarchy (eg red on top, then orange, then green,…) the watch list could automatically sort characters with said colors into groups and sort the groups amongst them.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.