Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Suggestion: Change jump-clone on NPC station without timer(equal citadels)
Keywords: Pvp,clone,jump-clone
Note: In high-sec for farm use high-prize implants. And if need go to PvP need search near citadel to change clone, BUT it risk - owner can deny access to station on offline service…

This really isn’t a little thing, and the restriction on NPC stations is there for a very good reason (value add for Upwells). There are also skills that reduce the timer. I suggest making a thread to discuss the pros and cons of changing it so players can weigh in with their experiences and feedback.

Bug: Keep at Range works on Wrecks now, but only via hotkey. It does not appear as a command in the context menu (right-click) or action toolbar.

1 Like

If that’s a bug, you should be posting in the Known Issues thread, not here, as this thread is for new features/enhancements. If it is a new behavior, please suggest it using the format from the first post.

Got a link to that thread? I’m not seeing it. Sorry, new here…

1 Like

Suggestion: Allow Colortag and Background color customization for pirates (and other non-player controlled entities?).
Keywords: ui, overview, colortag, background
Note: In Overview->Appearance all of the Colortag/Background list entries appear to be player-based; there is no way to customize the appearance of pirates.

Version 19.02 - Known Issues

Here you go. :slight_smile: Also remember to file bug reports in-game or via the support site; you can include your bug report number in your post to Known Issues.

Suggestion: Allow secondary (and maybe tertiary?) keybindings.
Keywords: ui, keyboard, hotkey
Notes: Allow more than one key to be bound to actions. Esp. common/basic cmds like lookat, lock, orbit, approach, etc.

Suggestion: Ability to bind a hotkey to the “Mine” command.
Keywords: ui, keyboard, hotkey
Notes: Engage can be key-bound, but Mine cannot.

EDIT: “Salvage” too.

1 Like
Suggestion: Show bookmarks in the overview
Keywords: overview, bookmarks, navigation
Notes: potentially include a checkmark on the BM for "show on overview"

Navigating the right-click menu structure to align and warp to a BM is tedious at best. Leaving the P&P window open or a specific window for a specific folder is what we all do. But even in that case using ‘a-click’ to align or ‘d-click’ to warp won’t work on those windows. It would also be nice to include BM on the GTFO tab of the overview.

I know this is a very old request. I’ve searched for it and found it suggested through the years. Wondering if now is a good time to bring it back up.

2 Likes

use the system locations window.

use radial menu.

I just noticed that this is mostly in the log files in Documents/EVE/logs/Gamelogs, but only Jumps and [Un]Docks… It does not show in-system Warps (Station → Asteroid Belt → Jump Gate, etc.), and that is what originally prompted by suggestion (I’ve lost a few drones because I don’t always remember which asteroid belt I died in). So…

Suggestion: Add in-system Warps to gamelog.
Keywords: log, navigation, exploration, history
Notes: An in-game display, for all of this would still be nice, as previously requested.

1 Like

As posted in the QOL Updates News post (Quality of Life Updates | EVE Online) we will now have the ability to put multiple clones in the same station or structure as long as it has a Clone Bay facility. So my suggestion is regarding this change.

Suggestion: Add a Clone Bay to Jita 4.4 Trade Hub
Keywords: Clone Bay; Jump Clones
Note: General QOL

1 Like

in would be even better if you could save the route and repeat later…

Suggestion: Show “Find” commands in Regional Market/Browse context-menu.
Keywords: ui, market, command
Notes: When right-clicking on an item in the Regional Market/Browse window the “Find in Contacts” and “Find in Personal Assets” commands are not available. I’d be cool if they were. If I add it to the Quickbar (one tab over) then right-click it there, then I can use these commands, but that is pretty tedious.

Suggestion: Make ‘k’ multiply by 1000 in any numerical edit field.
Keywords: ui, number, market
Notes: In any numerical edit field, esp the sell price field in the Sell Items window, it would be cool if the ‘k’ key multiplied the current value by 1000 (so “450k” would expand to 450,000… hitting it again would expand to 450,000,000, etc).

Suggestion: Allow us to have a default pod/ship name so that when we leave our ship or jump into a corvette, or just assemble a packaged ship it doesnt say "-character name- -ship type- " and instead gives it a default name that we choose.

Keywords: Naming,

Notes: Handy in situations where we are moving a number of items around from structure to structure.

2 Likes

I like it, but at least use the correct format for your suggestion for it to be noticed

Gas mining drones!

Suggestion: Make standings management easier

Keywords: standings, pve, faction warfare, missions

Notes: The system of gain standing with x, lose standing with y is actually super interesting, but it feels so tedious right now that engaging with it seems useless. I basically pick a route (I’ll be cool with Min/Gal, but never seeing Amarr/Caldari again), and never go back, because I’d be committing to a year+ of all my playtime just to reverse course. Quick thoughts are make the # of missions to a storyline 10 rather than 16, give us somewhere in the UI to track our progress towards that, and possibly tweak standings so that if I decide to go fix my relationship with the Amarr, I’m not talking about consuming all of my gameplay for the next year.