Live stream on July 10 at 18:00 UTC: Dev Q&A

To tie into his PI question:

Will Project Nova (should it come out in time) be any consideration/tie-in to a PI revamp?

1 Like

Q and A…
Seagull the main reason EvE is in current state is you. I know CCP is realtively small company. You are the face behind it now, it was your roadmap, your management. It seems nobody in CCP see full picture. Quant with his ignorace (1% of 1%, true John Snow of EvE) only showed it is true. Again your fault. Switching devs between groups lead to situation that there will be no person with necessary knowledge to intervere when crisis hits. Hard to blame Quant. He is responsible for economy part not hulls balancing. There were many situations in the past where players told you “do not do that it will not end well”. Your approach was “let’s see what will happen”.

Now you want to do Q and A with players. For what? Roadmap? You don’t have one? What happend to stargates? There will be hundreds of “I would like to…” It won’t solve anything. You are the leader. Leader don’t ask others where to go.

I don’t like you Seagull, never did. You seems like Steven Jobs when on stage, round sentences, very shallow when you think about them. You are very ambitous, from a player to executive producer. Your decisions to make EvE great and the same time earn money failed I think. Well you are earning money but player base is shrinking fast. Classical EA strategy, but EA will release another game, can you?

but hey more SKINs incoming…

I have some feedback but it was covered with salt. You seens to take feedback into consideration when your asses are burning.

1 Like

Dear @CCP_Seagull

I have learned one thing in my entire time playing eve: CCP !=Balance

Now I am going to make sure I stay nice and constructive with the way I see things.

I have this question for you: What is the spirit of EVE Online? And how does the current state of the game relate to that spirit!

I’m going to get a little religious for a moment to try to bring my question into perspective.
I was raised as a Christian. A true Christian would understand what the spirit of Christ is. The spirit of Christ (aka, his teachings) = love. If the world could follow the spirit of Christ (love) we’d all be in a better place. No wars, no hate, no starvation etc… But, we know that isn’t how the world is. We have people killing people everyday over simple things like food or land. Things that are not so simple to them due to the greed and selfish nature of others who have put themselves into positions of power to control others. The world cannot or won’t live the spirit of Christ (love).

What is the spirit of EVE Online? To me, the spirit of EVE, is a harsh dystopian world where players strive OVER TIME (skill injectors killed this) to carve out a part of the massive universe for themselves. Groups would band together to fight epic battles to achieve small measurable goals. Since you, CCP_Seagull have taken over, I must say that New Eden isn’t what it used to be. Is it better/worse? depends on who you ask. Over all I think New Eden is in a better place, but we’ve gone to far from what makes EVE - EVE.

So while you as a company are looking to work on balancing the game, maybe you should start by looking at the biggest handicap you face. The legacy code! Many people I’ve talked to say that rewriting the code would take to much work and/or time. I still say, that the game client and server need to be rewritten so that the plague that the legacy code is, can be executed from the game. Not just tucked under the rug. It needs to be chopped up and disposed of in a fiery inferno of brimstone (AKA sent to HELL).

When looking at balancing ships - please look at the group (frigates and destroyers, cruisers and battle cruisers, battleships plus the modules that effect them). You can’t balance AFs without also needed to look at other ships that fit into a similar work place (T3D). One ship in a sub-group might be weak compared to its sub-group, but the whole sub-group might be over powered for the group. Don’t take the easy way - dig deeper and work on fixing the root of the problem. Be harsher if need be. No more band aids. We can see how the continues nerfs to Rorquals has worked out - saw a D-scan today of 79 Rorquals in one system. The monthly reports showed even more of an increase in Goons space compared to the month before.

My wishlist is forever long, and there are not enough days in a developer’s life time to do the things I want to see done. Plus I am probably nearing the end of my EVE career due to the fact that my computer is 5 years old. I run on macOS X. The current support for the macOS side is getting worse and worse. And my pocket book doesn’t have any spare funds for another 3 years.

So please Q&A your developers on what they feel the Spirit of EVE Online is, and where they feel the current EVE is at!

My best wishes that New Eden will be here, today, tomorrow and twenty years from now. You still have time to get New Eden back to its roots, its spirit…

xoxo
TheGream
#NPCLivesMatter

1 Like

My interests are focused on the middle game and I hope that is also a priority for all those who want EVE to be a commercial success over the next decade. The tutorial is great for getting past those first two hours. CSM helps generate dev items to drive engagement levels for the 100-300 FCs who create content for the PVP masses. Presumably the winter release is partially focused at the middle of those extremes. How do we create new FCs who lack years of EVE knowledge or can’t play 10+ hours every week? Do you have a design goal to use upwell refineries to create mechanics to improve this middle ground beween newbie and expert FC?

If so, then what supports could emerging leaders expect to help develop small gangs of relatively new players to take advantage of upwell mechanics?

• Will the rewards to join fleet/corp be sufficient to encourage newish players to risk departing high-sec to take advantage of low-sec upwell mechanics?

• What hints can you give away to help emerging corp leaders understand the potential scope for players lost after they pass the two hour mode? Is there a persona with unmet needs that doesn’t want to be lost in PH but will work and play with others? What hints can you give away regarding their behaviors so that we can target them in recruiting messages and corporate culture?

• What social mechanics will be available to improve brand recognition of small corps aimed at the middle game? Can billboard submissions be targeted towards specific regions or systems?

1 Like

Are there any plans to introduce T1 and T2 explorer cruisers? Currently the only explorer cruiser is the Stratios, which is unfair to anyone who isn’t interested in learning Amarr and/or Gallente ships by general.

1 Like

How about a mini carrier (jeep class) for the Gallente? All other weapon systems have a Marauder for them, why not drones?

How many CCP Developers & Months will it take to implement “Reconnect to Lost Fighters” ?

How long will it take you to fix up citadel bugs, such as not being able to contract items to another character if the person that owns the assets has had their docking rights rescinded? Literally had to trigger asset safety on a heap of ■■■■ that i had sitting in a citadel - when i had another char logged there in a JF ready to take it all out - but could not contract it to give to the pilot.

Do you plan to stop rushing content and actually test / ensure you get a majority of the bugs ironed out prior to release? You lot seem to be content with pushing out glitchy as ■■■■ patches on a regular basis, and it’s not helping that 6+ months have passed and you have still not sorted out a lot of the bugs. Is this shitty quality something we should expect from you now as “normal” or will you actually do something about it?

1 Like
  1. Why announcing ghost training as exploit took you so long? (I know why I just want to hear it from you).
  2. Balance team is good idea, any chances to do it with other aspects of the game? At least with one dev per activity, for example exploration, industry, FW? Ofc not 100% time but it would be good for communication if we know that our feedback is going to a person in flesh rather than vanishing in forums.
  3. UI. Spreadsheets in space. Last iteration of scanning UI showed that there is no bigger idea about this crucial part of the game. You want us to use shortcuts and in the same time scanning UI is a mess, feedback was huge, almost none was taken into consideration. Any idea where you want it, UI? It is the first thing new players see.
  4. Citadels. They are taking most of your dev hours, causing many bugs, seems to deregulating new eden in a bad way and you will be introducing new for some time (like months or maybe years) while other aspects of the game still not touched or touched and left behind. Plans? Other than removing, so not EvE, assets safety?
  5. Nullsec. I’m f****** tired of this neverending story. Buffing, nerfing, ragequitting - social study. After few years I spend in cluster, watching nullsec wars, all those sov iterations, hulls balancing, you must now by the time that theres is no gold remedy for nullsec problems. What are the plans for other parts of space?
  6. Thinking big. If your idea of thinking big is releasing another clones of “events” then think again. Why wasting time on such things when “Damsel” is kiddnaped again?
  7. Conflict drivers?
  8. Alpha state. We told you that you are not ready for them. That SP injectors won’t work. That NPE is weak and not made for pvp game. Chance is lost now. EvE is bleeding fast. For most of EvE players citadels are not their thing and they seems to be a choke point for any other game iterations because they are not finished and still causing problems. Think fast Seagull. CCP obsession with nullsec will hit you hard now. I’m not even asking how to get new players, but how to keep currents ones?
1 Like

Related to #8 and the need for new players: how often do you go to regular gaming related conventions like E3 to advertise the game? Do you plan to go to more? I think good marketing could really help here, especially because of the learning curve that become a meme and that people often refer to EVE as “spreadsheet simulator” really doesn’t help.
Maybe putting CCP Ghost in charge of advertising could do the trick, he seem to know how to people.

1 Like

Hey. Question about faction warfare here.
Will the december extension (which is supposed to happen in Empire space) have a rework (or at least some balance work) for low security factional warfare space?
Rumours say that it should be highsec only. But one can only hope, no?

1 Like

How do you see the use of alts in the game? Will you make more gameplay less dependent on alt usage?

You made great work in regards to combat boosts, I just want to know whether you want to tackle further aspects of “alts required” gameplay.

As a single account / single char player you inevitability experience a “glass ceiling” if you are not willing to invest in multiple accounts or use multiple chars.

For example, joining a player corp means you have to abandon most of highsec gameplay for your main and use alts for trade, shopping and hauling unless you want to tie your gameplay completely to other people’s gameplay. Which nobody does because of easy alts.

The second example is cyno beacons. To use a jump freighter, carrier, etc. you must own a second account. Period. Nobody relies on other people opening cynos for them, because of trust and easy alts. Also being a professional “cyno bunny” is not a fun profession.

2 Likes

I have seen the new Proteus on the Test server. Why have you removed the lower slots and reduced the CPU available so much? Are you trying to make it a less viable ship for 10/10 sites?

1 Like

I have found that the new light sources in the game have made it much more difficult to play. I have greatly increased eye strain when trying to focus on objects in the game, because every direction you look, there is a bright light source in the way. When I look at real space outside at night, I do not see all this light in the heavens. I think that it is more like looking through a large telescope and focusing only on those gaseous clouds, nebulas, and what not that are only a very small percentage of the night sky. Please reduce the amount of gas clouds and large bright light sources in the game. The eye strain has made it unpleasant to play Eve anymore.

2 Likes
  1. Drifter Hives. This is one of the most interesting secrets of New Eden, and it was lowered to the usual tutorial site. What do you want to do with Drifter wormhole Hives and Barbican, Conflux, Redoubt, Sentinel and Vidette elements? Now they are useless.

2. COSMOS. Cosmos items, most of them, are useless. Do you want to add some role bonuses for cosmos modules for make them useful?

3. Static (COSMOS) complexes in Highsec. Do you want to update this sites for remove non-stop NPC grinding?

4. LittleBigManufacturing.
    All Shield Extender II blueprints require commodity item Hydrogen Batteries
    It`s not a big problem for small, medium and large SE II production, but Capital Shield Extender II require 7,331 Hydrogen Batteries (7,331 m3) and you can buy it only in highsec and only from NPC.
    To produce one unit Capital Shield Extender II (1000 m3) you need 12,435 m3 raw materials of which 7331 m3 is a crap and cheap NPC commodity item. It is logistical hell for shield extender production in wormhole space and nullsec.
    Do you want to remove it from NPC market and add BPO for Hydrogen Batteries?

5. Ship models in EVE Store.
    EVE Store at Fanfest 2016 - Prophecy and Stratios ship models for sale
    http://i.imgur.com/la0abaT.jpg
    EVE Store at Fanfest 2017 - Nothing.
    But KISAKI studio continues to create awesome EVE ship models.
    Why they not sold this year and when they will be sell models in the EVE Store?

6. EVE Store. Do you want to fix expensive shipment cost?

1 Like

I think that all the big ticket issues the community have been complaining about lately have been greatly amplified by skill injectors.

Ghost farming was made worse by armies of SP Farmers taking advantage of this design flaw, making tons of extra profit as they went. These same SP Farmers also exacerbated the Concord Ship release by having many accounts for their farms.

PLEX rate increases can also be attributed to Skill Injectors, since it requires about twice as many PLEX to transfer SP through Injectors as it did through the Bazaar.

Unbalanced design releases like the Rorqual or Carrier Ratting were made worst by the fact that anyone could take advantage of them overnight thanks to Skill Injectors.

And the problem is, this will continue to happen as long as Injectors are part of the game. Injectors allow the community to out pace the Dev Balancing Team, which lets them exploit design issues in mass until they are finally fixed.

I see only two ways to fix this, remove Injectors completely or nerf them all to hell. Add Extractor Fatigue that decreases the rate a player can extract skills, make it unprofitable to have SP Farms.

1 Like

I would like to know what future plans are in store for Corporations and Alliances. They have one of the worst management systems in the game.

You can also make it so SP becomes a pool with a controlled flow vs a dump. 1:1 ratio. Doesn’t matter if you inject 300k SP or 3 billion SP. it only gives you 1 SP for 1 SP that you train. No dumping SP into a skill and being a titan pilot in an hour.

1 Like

I think 1 extractor usage per month would be reasonable. Currently you can use about 3 per month without actually losing SP, which is more than enough to buy 500 PLEX and the extractors from the market, especially since the injector price seems to increase.

1 Like

So… you could “only” double the skill learning speed until you run out of unallocated points? That’s not a bad idea actually, though to be honest I don’t know if I would like it or not.

1 Like

All above, let’s not forget Malcanis law. I’m watching Signal Cartel channel, new players don’t even think about SP injectors (or rarely) PLEX and free play is main goal.

1 Like