Local Comms Blackout - Discussion Thread - Part Deux!

Uhm… wat?

At least hes trying to speak in a different language so others don’t have to use translate ourselves. Thats very considerate of him. I appreciate the effort.

1 Like

I have information about PVE player activity thanks to the Eve map. PvE players do not have information about PvP players. what is the logic? To understand this you need a translator?

1 Like

Oops sorry my phone

I meant Black Out

How exactly do they not?

What magic metrics are Tengus getting that Procurers arent?

NPC kills over the last hour, etc. You can see where the PvErs have consistently been. You can’t see where the hunters are moving.

1 Like

Thank you.

I really wasnt trying to make it into something it wasnt. Just after the facts.

Both the map and zkill, dotlan etc show pod kills and other PvP activities. PvErs aren’t being singled out any more on the maps than PvPers, and where people bear isn’t exactly a secret to begin with. Besides, why would bears need to know PvP activity in the first place if they’re not out searching for a fight? They just need to have eyes on chokepoints, wormholes and d-scan.

If anything, bears knowing where they themselves are going to be active have all the intel advantages and can safeguard themselves incredibly well if they put a few braincells and a bit of work at it. Hunters have to circumvent all such intel defenses, and the map data itself is barely useful as it is, given that it’s hardly realtime.

Hell, if you’re in an even remotely capable nullsec organization, you lot already have eyes on all nearby enemy stagings, all chokepoints and someone’s rolling the holes as they pop up anyway.

Trying to claim the bears are at even the slightest disadvantage compared to the hunters that have to circumvent all of that and the ubiquitous umbrellas at this point is disingenuous or stupid, really.

1 Like

To quote self from another thread that will prolly end up merged here,

1 Like

Sure, but let’s face it, at any given moment, the % of active hunters who are in the systems where they’ve registered kills in the last hour is significantly lower than the % of active ratters who are in the systems where they’ve registered NPC kills.

I’m not arguing the PvPers have an unfair advantage, I’m just clarifying ‘what metrics are [hunters] getting that [ratters/miners] aren’t?’

From what I’ve been seeing and hearing from Malpais, Detorid, and Cache->Immensea, the wormholers are rolling those holes away from every single umbrella, just as fast as they can manage. Something about not being able to see if anyone’s got cloaked bosons sitting on the hole when they come back from looking for easy victims.

2 Likes

Then you get to achieve apotheosis and transcend your daily drudgery, entering into a luminous state of brilliance, warmth, and expansive personal growth! Rejoice! For truly, you are the lucky ones who blaze a path among the stars for us all!

1 Like

I normally make matter-of-fact dull, boring posts, and expect similar in return - you’ve packed waaay too much energy into this… i’m not worthy…

1 Like

And cloakies… Oh yap… you can’t do that in BO.

Wait, what?

A Blackout + Cloakies? There is no advantage on that! And their herculian effort with a cloak, out in that cold! Nothing to see here. Move on!

And, and Cynos?.. THE CYNOS! + BO

Naaah… no one holds higher ground there. nah

1 Like

Yea, and thus didst the Tengu lock up his target, only to see the brilliant blue and gold of the cyno light. Gold washed blood red, as reality tore itself asunder! Two great beasts of the uncharted depths betwixt stars strode forth, roaring in bosonic fury 'ere HAWs and drones were brought to bear…

And Lo! The Tengu was no more.

3 Likes

yeah, I’m havin’ a little fun with it.

1 Like

Nope. It was done to make things different. And they are way different.

Generally speaking, you can safely ignore everything he says.

1 Like

Also, have you ever seen something un-scannable?

Not a cloakie… just impossible to scan.

Out there, in plain view! but nothing can scan it…

It’s called Deep Safe, a concept that gives PVE the ultimate chance to…

Ay no.

Now someone has to deploy probes too? and run them at which radius, excuse me?

Naaah… pfft

1 Like

A Tengu… OUT THERE? alone? without a cyno? ay el nullified.
Let me tell you the last time I saw that while I prepare for an event that happens every six months or less. I’ll inform when ready.

:rofl:

It wouldn’t matter if the Tengu had a cyno or not. I guarantee the defensive cyno will drop more, harder.