Local Comms Blackout - Discussion Thread - Part Deux!

That is argumentative. Wipe it.

No, that’s a supercapital umbrella. Kind of the whole point of them. If the attackers can out-drop a defensive umbrella, they’ve brought a large enough force of titans into the area that all of the local intel networks will have watched them move.

You may not like the idea that the ratter and miner still have the capacity to bring overwhelming force if they’re careful, but it’s still true. If you’re going to argue that ‘zomg cynos!!’ means attackers have all of these ungodly advantages, then you have to face the fact that just being intelligent enough to not hang your bare ass out the window screaming ‘SHOOT ME!!!’ is enough to shift the odds back to the PvEr’s advantage.

Pay attention. Be on comms. And don’t go out where you can’t get defended. If you want safety, you do the things that give safety. If you don’t do the things that make you safe, you shouldn’t complain when you’re not.

5 Likes

True. I don’t live there, nor have been.
But I hear stories…
Here is a point for you:

kudos

(the tengu in my mind has a smart pilot. He fitted el cloak and is nullified, still. He’s good)

I do. 

You aren’t seriously asking that question are you?
Are you really so bad at Eve you don’t understand the mechanics or just being a BAD troll?

The question has been answered, and as it is something that has not changed under Blackout, that intel was there before it too.

Whether Blackout has magnified its usefulness to the point of suggesting/requesting withdrawing it as intel is a matter worth discussing.

I dont see what there is to get so hostile about.

The incredible lack of Ostsols in EVE.

1 Like

Ok I should have read a little further before my last post.

You I’m sorry don’t have a clue. Trying to say both PVP’rs and PVEr’s have access to the same information via tools CCP provide - IS JUST WRONG.

EG; As a PVP’r, I can open up the ingame map and see the hotspots of PVE all over New Eden and pick a spot to go hunting.
As a PVE’r, I can’t see PVPr’s coming until they show up on Dscan (or a scout on the gate spots them).

If my example isn’t clear enough for you, I’d suggest you just uninstall now as you are clueless and just don’t know how to play the game.

Blackout is not an issue - The way information is provided by the game during blackout IS.,.

3 Likes

You are in fact saying exactly what has been fleshed out above, you are just choosing to put a spin on it based on how you choose to interpret the data.

Honestly, I really dont care about your agenda.

Seriously.

1 Like

My only “agenda” was to try and show you how wrong you were.

Not everyone playing during blackout has access to the same information when it comes to hunter and hunted.

Maybe had you acknowledged you were wrong instead of posting the same drivel a second time - My agenda would have been to ignore you (my preferred option btw)

1 Like

Yep, still dont care about it.

1 Like

I do believe it or not understand - You were blatantly wrong and have trouble admitting such.
It’s ok, “yep still don’t care” shows me - My job is done.

Everyone has access to exactly the same data. The fact that bears don’t safeguard themselves from that data being used against them is their choice. PvPers leave exactly the same kind of traces. Kills, losses, gate jumps, cynos, etc. If bears choose to stay and rack up more and more and more and more in the same spot, that’s their choice and their fault. The data is exactly the same, but for some reason bears seem to think they should get special exception and not have their footprints and stomping grounds visible.

I’m afraid you’re the one that’s just plain and blatantly wrong.

PvPers don’t have any more tools than bears. Bears just choose to become vulnerable to it by lighting big neon signs in the sky yodeling “here I am”, while being perfectly aware that is what happens.

Next you’ll claim sharks have unfair advantages in the sea, while you’re actively chumming the water and rubbing yourself with BBQ sauce.

2 Likes

I’m sorry but I see this as a bad thing -

1. It is promoting “join Goons” you’ll be safer
  2. Small/er groups without a Super umbrella don’t belong in Nul
  3. That statement alone is the one, out of over 12,000 posts about the blackout, that some nitwit at CCP will read and use to justify the usefulness of Blackout.

I know that is not how you meant it but please remember, this is Eve forums - Devs and management only see what they want to see and will interpret it to meet “their” own objectives…

It’s promoting safety in numbers, which has always been true in Eve. It’s always been every individual’s choice whether or not they want that. Arrendis there can vouch for the fact that people can be quite successful in Eve without that too. My own stints tend to be in smaller entities and I’m wealthy as hell. Well, used to be anyway. The days of Rorquals and unlimited super ratting has skewed things.

Of course they do, but they also run the risks. That’s when there’s a balancing act to strike. Don’t get the attention of someone who can and will stomp you for fun. Fly below the radar. Don’t set up things you can’t risk, in terms of infrastructure and assets. You can be a smaller entity in null just fine, you just have to play accordingly. Expecting high levels of safety without having to invest the numbers, assets and work the big entities have is kind of nonsensical to begin with.

It’s cute that you think CCP gives the slightest crap what we sperg on these boards by now. These threads have looooong since ceased to be useful feedback for them. They have the actual useful data from TQ to analyze. We’re just howling and/or pissing in the wind. If you’re not content with being entertainment for the rest of us, while CCP ignores everything we do and say, you probably should find something else to shiptoast about.

1 Like

Seriously? So while doing PVE I should have the map open to see where some small gang (that barely shows as a blip on the map) is travelling through nulsec to a destination to try and kill the fleet I’m in.

How exactly would that be achieved?
Map doesn’t show in real time, It doesn’t tell me “this gang” is coming my way when they leave lowsec get on a titan and bridge 5 jumps out, I might get lucky and someone will see them when they cyno in to the adjoining NPC space which would give us a minute or two to get the Rorquals off grid.

As a hunter, I can look at the map and choose where to go - We did exactly this last night and caught 2 Rorqs and a super via a WH. They were over 40 jumps (without the WH from us) and were totally unaware there was a fleet hunting them via the same things we used to find them.

Wrong - I don’t think so - PVP’rs have far more advantages for hunting small/er groups with available tools than PVE’rs have of defending against hunters with those same tools

4 Likes

Are you looking for a fight? No? Then why are you wanting to use those tools? You don’t use the Infrared Cameras to protect yourself from someone hunting you by thermal sig. You use thermal shielding, because you should by now understand what the hunters use and how YOU are vulnerable to it. Or, if you choose not to hide, you use overwhelming anti-air firepower. Or you have spies in place letting you know when the attack comes. Etc etc.

In Eve terms, you know how the map works. You know what YOUR actions look like on the map. You take action accordingly. This means one of several things. You use scouts and control the area you’re active in, ensuring no one can get to you without you knowing about it. You might defend in force, using cynos to drop defense fleets, or simply coordinate a defense fleet in the very system/pocket you’re in if cynos are jammed. Perhaps you’ll realize you don’t want to spike the map with activity so you roam the region as you bear, spreading your impact across multiple systems and the map always lagging behind.

If you make yourself vulnerable to hunters by shooting off flares, hanging up neon signs and getting attention, that is very demonstrably your fault. Again, you’re chumming the water and complaining that the sharks have it too easy. You’re the one attracting them. It’s on you to then defend against them, be it through stealth, overwhelming force, intel net, or whatever else you choose to utilize.

The point is, they still don’t have any more tools than you do. They just don’t make themselves vulnerable through those tools.

All of you have the same toolkit. You’re complaining that when they bring a hammer down, that hammer isn’t useful to you, while ignoring the fact that you made yourself look like a nail and still have the entire rest of the toolbox to use to your advantage.

1 Like

In order to milk you have to feed the cow.
The cow is slow big, white and black on green surface.

You can’t just upgrade a system by saying it. You must have a constant flow of NPC kills for the upgrades to work. Otherwise it’s useless and the NPC wont pay.

And all that jumps to view on the maps and all other third party sidekicks. Mining is similar.

It’s a simple thing. Stop trying to show otherwise. The advantage of PVP over PVE is undeniable and higher with BO, period.
Unless, yeah. Umbrellas and donuts or donubrellas. In which case, no discussion because according to Hilmar, the BO did not solve that.

Quit trolling

Or think of a Blackout as total: NO MAP INFO, NO API PULL, nothing.
Then, you can come back and contribute.

But since that would resemble a WH even closer, it would be another existing feature, refried for you to swallow without coca-cola.

2 Likes

So clueless - you obviously don’t live in Nul and have no experience with blackout.

Add to that, if you bothered to actually read and understand my post, you’d see it was tongue in cheek (sarcasm) directed at Arrendis.

But this is an open forum and even the uninformed have a right to post.,.

2 Likes

So you ran out of cheese and now resort to whine?
Well, argue the person if you want. I’ve argued the case and you’ll have to do a damn sight better if you want to topple that.