Local Comms Blackout - Discussion Thread - Part Deux!

get 5 of your friends in their own supers with anti capital fighters… and drop it on 1 super… ohhh thats right no one wants to risk thier own ■■■■ to kill something… better nerf it into the ground…

1 Like

@Naari_Naarian you have loss mails for small ships and a medium badger.
You have no evidence of experience with capitals.

2 Likes

we knew that

1 Like

You do realize this is a pve alt right?

Trigger Happy. alliance: We currently offer cheap nullsec space to rent. (in tribute)

Rental empires are alive and well.

This is the very definition of unbalanced…

One whole constellation with all of 4000 NPC kills in the last 24h is a ‘rental empire’ like an inflatable liferaft with the empty box for a radio-controlled drone is an ‘aircraft carrier’.

1 Like

You came there with fanfare and cavalry to remove rental empires. And now the successors of the former united rental empire create new rental schemes. PEAK intends to rent out their systems as well, as word on the street has it. Besides, WERMT, SoXXD and all the others have started out small as well. Empire is a very subjective term. Your “rental empire” in Period Basis is not really noteworthy either following your logic, yet it’s a rental scheme.

No, we came up there to burn NCdot out of Tribute.

was never intended to do anything but run at a loss by taking rental money away from our enemies. You know how much our ‘renters’ paid in rent?

One time fee to join, then the transaction fees in our market, refineries, etc. It wasn’t a rental empire. It was flipping the bird to everyone in null who wants to make money by having other people do their work for them.

2 Likes

BTW, @CCP_Falcon: Where’s the MER? The June MER included the Produced/Destroyed/Mined data for the first weekend of the Blackout (ran through Jul 16, in fact), and it didn’t support the ‘so much destructions!!!’ claims. Be kinda nice to get a look at the full data for the month.

It’s August 19. Why is the MER so late?

3 Likes

Yeah and the CFC never did the rental thing. (I was in the coalition when you did)

Yup, we did indeed bow to necessity up north when we set up PBLRD. Kinda like supercapital proliferation: We think it’s bad for the game, but our enemies are gonna use it, so we have to. And if we have to do it, by god, we’ll do our damnedest to do it better.

Renting, OTOH? That hasn’t been necessary in the age of Industry, and it’s even less so now.

1 Like

Because it is so ridiculous to watch.

1 Like

I have no problem with the Blakout, what I hava problem with is the imbalance that it has given cloaked ships.
Specifically covert ops, we used to deal with this issue prior, but we knew they were in system just did not know where in system. Now I can sit all day cloaked and no one knows I was ever there.
My recommendation is to change Covert Covert Cloaking Modules to a fuel based module. The fuel should be manufactured type fuel and the cloaking time is based on a set burn rate of the fuel.
Alternative to changing the Covert Cloaking Module is to create a probe that can track down specifically Coaked ships that have been active for more than 10 minutes.
CCP you changed the game play without a consensus from the players that pay your salaries. If you take something away, their has to be balance by giving spmething in return.

2 Likes

as much fun as it is to play Marco Polo isn’t it time to let mutual blues see each other in local . Bring some friendly o/ action back to NULL

1 Like

or at least let Dscan use overview rules to ignore fleet members, or blues (if it does this somehow, would like to know)

RRRRRRRRRRREeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEE

GIMME BACK MY LOCAL GOD DAM!!!T

3 Likes

So, we did a little number-crunching last night, and when the MER finally comes out, I expect our economic expert will have quite a lot to say… but for now…

This is the mining numbers from the June MER (which, again, goes to Jul 16 on the PDM #s):

See the way it jumps up when we get back from Tribute? Predictable, right? Well… maybe not. Here’s what that looks like from Jan 1:

Now, yeah, there’s some daily spikiness. That’s what daily data means. You can see, on average though, where the April Excavator Nerf hit. These #s, btw, aren’t Delve, this is all of New Eden, according to the MER. So mining #s across New Eden had been dropping. Ratting numbers have been, too, if you look at the MER’s reports over time, but this is the one bit where they slipped up and didn’t clip it at Jun 30. Then CCP steps in and does the Drifter stuff, and all those guys we’ve had active for the war… have to do something… so they mine.

But the very end of that chart… that’s interesting. Let me give you another one:

That’s mined + destroyed. Looking at it, we can clearly see the Friday plunge in how much mining is going on when the Blackout goes in on July 12. Aaaand then it bounces back. In fact, if you look at the 14th and 16th, those numbers are about even with the April-May window between the nerf and Delve shutting down for war.

Now, you see how ‘destroyed’ ticks up there, right? Let’s wind that back a bit, though…

Where’s the huge uptick in ‘destroyed’ ISK @ccp_falcon’s been touting? Where’s the massive increase in PvP reddit swears is happening? It seems like it falls right in-line with the numbers we’ve seen since the beginning of April. Heck, even our burning down Tribute just adds more mid-week spikes. Which all leads me to ask, again:

Where’s the MER, CCP? Let’s see the numbers for the whole Blackout period, please.

14 Likes

You know whats perfect intel… cloaking and freely watching people that don’t know your there… Thats 10x more powerful than the notification someone entered your system… Thats fine in a WH where connection change all the time and you can’t cyno. In nullsec its just … well it is what it is… cloaked ■■■■… all the time… can freely cyno; gate around, combat probe, attack anytime… THATS FREE PERFECT INTEL…

I really just about had it with eve… REALLY…
You tryed yay… it sucks… now stop dragging this out… This is a widely held opinion…

HOW MAN FKING POST DO YOU NEED TO READ THAT IF PEOPLE IN NULL WANTED TO LIVE IN CYNO/GATE WORMHOLE LAND THEY WOULD OF FKING MOVED THERE

I don’t support this change…and i hope you all get fired and have to design board games for hasbro

Release the MER so we can all mull how this game is nose diving in 100 different ways

AND JUST MOVE TO HIGHSEC… ID RATHER FKING TRASH MY 200 BIL WORTH OF ■■■■ … NO YOU CANT HAVE IT

bETTER MAKE A FKING INGAME ITEM CALLED HILMAR BLACKOUT STRESS MEDS AND IT BETTER GIVE LOCAL FOR LIKE 2 MINUTES

Sorry i just felt like a fk CCP and the Blackout meltdown… back to ratting…

10 Likes

Null may not be for you.

Try lo-sec where people show up on local.