Local Comms Blackout - Discussion Thread - Part Deux!

Null rewards individually are a problem but not a huge one, it is the massive number of things giving those rewards that are the problem. Each system needs to be able to support about 1/5 the number it currently does and Sov needs to be replaced by a usage based sov, so if you don’t use a solar system you slowly lose it, not fights over a space structure.

Actually…and I really don’t want to engage in any sort of circluar arguement with the likes of you-I came back to the game after three years away (mostly due to poor ISP’s in my serving region) to find the greater part of my stuff had been destroyed in a WH eviction. No petition to CCP. No buying ISK. No plex. A few decent assets in hisec and some time engaging in exploration and ninja huffing…all good.

All part of the game. Nothing lazy about it.

And for what it’s worth…dscan has always been terrible but there has never been a sensible replacement. The interesting game “Objects In Space” handles this function quite well and is engaging gameplay…but you would most likely hate it too.

edit And I will take the opportunity to mention that most pilots (not a generalization…its been a simple fact since I started playing EvE) are terrible/lazy with dscan. Whether sheer laziness or inability to imagine geometric vectors and distance in relation to self (FFS they now give you a graphic of the scan direction its NOT rocket science) the vast majority of Eve pilots are just…simply…bad.

In the old days I used to run little exercises for newer pilots flying inty’s to get used to the scout/fc role. Very few could reliably jump into a cold system and pinpoint a target to 5/15 degrees in a reasonable amount of time. This is now something rare and value currently referred to as “content creation”. While a crappy term for a valuable in-game talent…it is as relevant today as it was in the long ago :upside_down_face:.

Ask any competent serious FC…chances are they started out as a fleet/gang scout flying a covops or inty. Worth their weight in isk.

edit One last comment to wrap up my tangential reply…this whole “no local” whine is fear of loss. I get it. You ratted for your ships or whatever. Nothing is free in EvE. But I’ll tell you a little secret that has also been true for the entire time I have been in game: The aggressor will win a huge majority of fights. Sitting around debating what ship to respond in or…with stupid local…checking my corp/killboard history prior to engaging will lose to naked aggression virtually every time with the exception of bait. I learned that as a low sec scoundrel and evolved it as a null/wh fc. Embrace a loss or two…fit a scram to your rat ship and pin the attacker til your backup arrives. Shoot…I don’t usually indulge in WH PVE but when I do…you better believe I’m fit with all sorts of crap to mess up a hunter’s day…or force them off (see my recent Praxis loss…what an underated monster that thing is).

I’ll stop there. Fly safe. Even better…try being dangerous and embrace the dark…WOW etc is >>> over there :rofl:

3 Likes

See i like using d-scan when looking for something. Indeed, i used to do those same classes for the newbros in my corp. But pressing this button over and over again - thats stupid and it litterally makes my ears hurt after a few minutes due to my misophonia.

You leaving stuff floating in space for someone to take it is kind of lazy. You knew it would be gone when you came back years later. ISP f-up is tough luck but thats part of the reason why i feel like i wouldn’t have the patience for live in w-space…

Sigh.

Nobody is complaining about the lack of asset safety in WH space. Least of all me. It was forestalling other tree-focused arguments however you seemed to have missed the forest in this instance.

Sorry you have ear issues. I play with the volume quite low (if at all) and never paid attention to the dscan noise.

Fly safe.

No, it is not the same.
It would be like considering that the remaining 2/3 are actually playing. Not the same.
Of course that fraction is not precise but it is a very reliable number, just like those who actually pay and are logging in but not playing.

My experience and the “news agencies” say the number of logins with potential of generating content but are just spinning in stations, is not precisely negligible.

FYI you can disable that Dscan and Probe scan sound in the custom audio settings…
Turn secondary interfaces down to zero… youll never have to hear it again…

Posterity, maybe with your primary school education you should have proofread your post.

No one cares, because null bears who paid for their account by farming were nothing but a blight on the game, parasites.

When will you be leaving the forums?

Please hurry!

1 Like

holy ■■■■■■■ ■■■■ i’ve been klicking over those options and never figured this out thank you verry much

1 Like

Oh no, not this again - cloaking is used in far more places than Null, you know.

1 Like

Stop that, put your blinders back on! :wink:

First CCP must stop selling plex or stop plex as a form of game time.

For the record, I never plex my accounts and i never will.

As long as CCP still selling plex as a form of game time the farmers will never stop farming.

Agreed, but now that CCP is wised up it won’t be safe like it was.

Also now that people are seeing a recovering in resource values and a drop in plex prices they will not be so willing to support those parasites in the future.

All those parasites did was devalue our efforts and drive up the price of plex.

No they just need to proberly balance risk vs reward.

WH space should have the greatest rewards and the ability for each system to accomidate more people, then null, then lo-sec then hi-sec.

But at the moment Null is at least 5 times greater in rewards than anywhere else.

If the fixed that then Plex would be more usable by everyone again, not just null farmers and bots.

At the moment, Null has nearly no rewards as the MER clearly shows.

Excuse the question but who else is going to support these elite PVPers who do not want to farm ISK for their ships and instead just want to swipe their credit card to get 10B ISK?

1 Like

No actually it shows the exact opposite. While a large number of areas are not being just to their full potential, that potential is massively over the top.

CCP should look at rewards for each system and say is this better than the best WH can get? and if the answer is yes, nerf it.

WH space is the most dangerous and should get the most rewards and be able to sustain the most people per system. Any system that has more rewards, anomalies etc… than null, needs nerfing.

Null needs to actually have the risk vs reward it was meant to have.

So it should be reverted back because Null is riskier than W-space.

I find the claim it’s the most dangerous very questionable. For this to be true, you should not be able to rat there for a single anom without losing your capital or other ship. This is not the case. W-space already has the highest rewards possible. It has the potential to make as much ISK in 20 minutes as I can in 3 hours in null.

Not even close. I think you are mistaking Hello Kitty for WH space because just without the asset safety makes it a lot riskier then null.

For that to be a reasonable risk evictions would have to take place a lot more often than they do.

Not for as many people as a null system supports. I am talking total cumulative rewards, not single person rewards.