Local Comms Blackout - Discussion Thread - Part Deux!

To all of those that cry for blackout and claim null sec is safer than high sec or boring, not sure in what language we all need to explain to you that null sec is not safe at all. The only way it is safe is because those that live in null make it safe within the territory they control. And as mentioned before, blackout never hurt big entities. It only hurt small corps and alliances that didnt have the man power to control the zones.

If you all like blackout so much, please, I beg of you, please go in WH space.

And for the record, CCP knows that if they bring BO the same stupid way they did this past summer, the game will shut down.

I want Blackout but I also want Local to be maintained by those who control the system. Perhaps some kind of communication/intelligence structure? It benefits those who own the system but some systems would be without it or unable to use them and that creates pockets of interesting activity between more controlled sectors.

Local everywhere is overpowered but I also understand Blackout everywhere was a nightmare that made it irrelevant because literally nobody would play during Blackout.

There has to be some kind of middle ground.

Maybe the ability to set up, destroy or disrupt local as owners/attackers. Unclaimed systems would have no local as using these structures would be tied to owning the system. Maybe an upgrade tied to the ihub.

Oh well, let people farm where they want to farm and at least the hunters can make AFK cloaky relevant again too.

1 Like

Iā€™m just going to leave this here.

1 Like

Economically blackout was an unmitigated disaster. Anyone who wants a return to blackout I suggest the following:

Go to your Personal Assets and systematically delete everything. That is the end result of black out. Delete it all and see how much fun the game is.

If you think blackout was a good thing you are an economic moron.