Local Comms Blackout - Discussion Thread - Part Deux!

CCP pleace return the Nullsec Local Blackout. its time now!

1 Like

Hell no!!!

1 Like

Absolutely hell yes. It should be brought back in some form, perhaps in the form of a blackout deployable. @Brisc_Rubal said he would bring it up. Question isā€¦ did he?

1 Like

I brought it up in the context of the roaming weather feature.

IĀ“m positive the guy who brought this up was fired a year ago, and for a good reason. Stop hitting the carcass with a branch. Its dead.

1 Like

Eve is a social game. Without local it is less social.

2 Likes

:red_circle:
THATā€™S NOT WHAT I MEANT YOU RED-DOTTED FOOL

1 Like

The only way youā€™re going to get any kind of blackout is by shoe horning it into something that already exists. I donā€™t think theyā€™ll do a deployable. A storm with blackout as a feature is way more likely.

2 Likes

Local is almost never used for social purposes, itā€™s purely an intel tool for knowing if/when a threat or target is in the system.

1 Like

And again, as has been said over many threads, if CCP is that dumb and they want EVE dead within weeks of them re-releasing a blackoutā€¦Please stop promoting such non-sense and instead have them provide details about the servers and how far along they are with Hadean, which should be their focus and priority

They just provided two updates on the servers and server performance. As for Hadeon, Iā€™ve asked, but thatā€™s a long, long term technology change, not something we will see any time soon. You might as well go over there and ask those guys how theyā€™re doing. They arenā€™t part of CCP - theyā€™re separate company. It would be like asking EA how far along Unity is.

* Making an effort to reach out to the lone wolf *

May I have the distinguished privilege and pleasure of being your first friend?
:rofl:

1 Like

Hardly a day goes by when I donā€™t recognize a streamer or someone I used to play with and strike up a conversationā€¦sometimes even reconnect. Other times itā€™s very useful for information about getting diplo, or just trading gibes, or offers of recruitment. Unless one is in those rareā€¦ā€œno talking in localā€ authoritarian outfits, local is one of the most useful ingame social tools in the game.

1 Like

not by you, but hey are you even playing eve?

Can we get blackout back? To many people complaining about cloaky camping, which would be a non tactic if local didnā€™t exist.

1 Like

Please, for god sake, stop with this BO non sense.

As far as the cloaky issue, it has always been a problem, and what CCP needs to do is to give a counter play for it.

Why ? are you having a hard time killing pve ships in a PvP ship?

There are already many counter plays to AFK cloaking. The fact that ā€œsolo farm AFK 23/7 with zero riskā€ is not one of them is not a game design problem.

counter play is something active you can do to force the cloaky to move
and there is no active way to counter a cloaky

1 Like

No, that is just one narrow subset of possible counters that you have decided to focus on to the exclusion of all else. Iā€™m sure itā€™s no coincidence that itā€™s the one most desired by RMT botters.