Local Comms Blackout - Discussion Thread - Part Deux!

I don’t know. I don’t have hard data on botting beforehand, nor botting now. If you know of a confirmed botter whose behavior we can compare against past behavior, please tell us.

1 Like

I’ve seen a few instances of bots that were all janky and wouldn’t warp out. (This was the day of the blackout)
Mostly though I think the botters aren’t logging in after the first few heavy hits – or when they logged in and noted that the bots weren’t working right.

OK, I walked into that one.

Thank you, that was the info I was asking about!

If they want to test us, I would be more than happy to be tested on, but do need to get paid for my time and effort

2 Likes

I bet if you check the EULA/TOS, there’s language in there that can be considered volunteering as part of your agreement to license access to their servers.

I mean your entire argument (albeit sparse between the constant trolls) has been the blackout is a beneficial change to Eve, ergo beneficial changes would obviously serve to increase player count otherwise why categorize it as “beneficial?”…

So to your point, if removing high-sec ganking (a thing that has been in the game since pretty much the start) wouldn’t see any significant change in player count for the better, how would the blackout? lol

4 Likes

Actually, my entire argument has been “We don’t really know anything yet,” and “You guys who are freaking out about this are a bunch of whiny numpties.”

You’ve tried pretty hard to paint it as an utter disaster, rendering the game completely unplayable, with a mass exodus from nullsec and plummeting PCU numbers, and that it most definitely is not. I wouldn’t call it perfect, and it clearly has some issues - those under an umbrella can just shrug and go about their business so long as they’re in something sufficiently beefy and have a cyno fit, and I suspect it probably does move the meta just a little bit too in favor of cloakies, but nothing about it has warranted the dramatic, pearl-clutching histrionics.

2 Likes

CCP knows what “no local” means, so they simply need to get their heads out of the smoking room (to be polite) and stop the nonsense

3 Likes

I would like to see more option to help the prey to hide. Allow them to put work in to make it harder for the hunters to simply shoot an kill.

Ie Mining anomalies that need to be scannable like when the time when Hubs came out.

5 Likes

Don’t touch my deep spot for (login/logoff). :wink:

4 Likes

And the only thing that proves is that CCP’s skill point giveaway is working.

5 Likes

The chart is not consistent with the skill point grab.

1 Like

And that chart is updated daily.

Doesn’t matter if a majority of players only log in for a minute to collect the SP gift, it will still add to the total amount of log in for that day.

3 Likes

Here is set to log in numbers based on a 36 hour log in chart.

1 Like

Uh, no it isn’t. it’s updated in something pretty close to realtime. Minutes, if not at the cache-rate of that route (30 seconds).

If Bob is logged in between 12:00 and 12:05, his presence is only being counted for the datapoints between 12:00 and 12:05.

Can’t imagine where you came up with that one.

1 Like

Yes they are.

We killed a couple carriers that had to REP in order to get the entire fleet on the kill before the rats killed them. They never targeted or launched fighters.

The pulled fighters when the sabre hit the grid and stopped. No further reaction.

3 Likes

It is not. If it were updated daily, it could only show the number online once per day, rather than having numbers for all through the day. Further, if it were only pulling once per day, anyone not logging in to check at just that moment wouldn’t show at all.

So really, ‘that chart is updated daily’ would work against your assertion.

EDIT: A little experimentation shows that Chribba’s got it updating once a minute.
EDIT2: What you’d need would be a chart of ‘how many people have logged in during the last X?’ not ‘how many people are logged in right now?’ That would catch all of the people who login for just the moment or 3 that it takes to collect the rewards, rather than only the ones actively logged in at the specific moment of query.

And how did you get that 1 minute update info?

Doesn’t matter, the site shows the average amount of players logged into the game being based on a 24 hr period.

Max (24h): 31,816 (2019-07-21 19:16:00)

1 Like

A max function returns a max. Not just a clever name, go figure. An average function returns an average.

What you just pasted shows a maximum daily number of 31,816 players being achieved at 19:16. It’s not an average at all.