Local Comms Blackout - Discussion Thread - Part Deux!

У вас есть ограниченное количество времени в этой жизни.
Когда-нибудь ты умрешь.
Не тратьте свое время на то, что не приносит вам радости.

1 Like

Gesundtheit.

1 Like

Hey, that’s a more diplomatic response than one of our German FCs would’ve offered. His answer to the Cyrillic would’ve been ‘vodka vodka vodka stop using moon-letters vodka’.

2 Likes

Wasn’t complainin’, just sayin’, when people start rambling in Cyrillic or even just foreign languages in general on the English speaking side of the site, I mostly just sit back and nod sagely as I imagine them rattling off a series of very complicated sneezes.

It ups the entertainment value while preserving just a little bit of faith in humanity overall.

2 Likes

Ok since you stupid devs think this null no local thing is so awesome can you at least make some accommodations for the players you effed over with this change?

Give us a free move of out stuff to hi sec, look you COMPLETELY changed the game for us 2-3 hour a day folks in null, while ignoring the real problem, macros under umbrellas.

I do not have this always on group of friends who can pull super carriers at will, so I have to try and play careful and now I miss the gate wardens log/go afk (guys who report activity in intel as hostiles pass through) I am vulnerable and basically need to log or ship spin.

One account went alpha assume other is to follow soon.

3 Likes

No.

They’re not there. That’s why these are the changes we’re seeing. It’s summer in Iceland. Everyone’s on freakin’ vacation. They’ll be back to a full crew at the end of August. Probably.

Two of them were jobbering away about how awesome this was in an interview and basically called all the people who said they were quitting liars.

2 Likes

Which is fair, because it’s usually not the first time most of those people have headed to the forum to announce that they’re quitting over a mechanical change.

Hell, it’s usually not even the second, third, fourth, or fifth time, for that matter. It’s just their thing that they do, and then they see that it’s really not all that bad and life goes on.

1 Like

Three, in fact. Hilmar (CEO), Falcon (Community Manager) and Goodfella (Brand Manager).

Notice how none of those are the actual Game Developers?

1 Like

Now that Blackout runs for some time already, I’d like to ask the Eve players about a couple of things that left me wondering a bit for some time(a couple of years already, tbh).

1. Do you regard hammering of the D-Scan button every couple of seconds(for half an hour or longer) good/enjoyable gameplay? Let’s assume no rule-breaking automation is involved.
  2. The argument against automatic D-Scan for everyone was always that it will kill the servers. But when everybody has to spam it anyways, what’s the point about it staying manual?
  3. If no local is so awesome, why aren’t there more people in wormhole space? At least not in the lower class ones with exits to high and low sec?
  4. With the Blockout now running, do you consider cloaky ships balanced in terms of somewhat even chances between the hunter and the hunted? Let’s assume same ships size/class.
  5. Do you consider pay EvE “pay to win”? What about a player with a single account in a single ship having to fight off another, but with 5+ accounts and as many ships. Let’s say 1 “dps” ships vs 3 (potentially cloaky) dps ships with 1 logi and 1 ewar. Not pay to win? And if you bring 3-4 buddies with as many ships, but the multi-account guy also has his 3-4 buddies with 5 ships each, still not pay to win?

This is not a feedback thread on my behalf, as I am a fairly inactive Alpha right now. I’m just asking some questions I wanted to ask for some time. With no drama, no “I quit”, no “Unsubscribed my 20 accounts” - just some straightforward opinions pls.

3 Likes

Better questions:

Why couldn’t you post this in the Black out thread? and why didn’t you just name it “make Null safer again, I don’t want to adapt to a risk that is equal to the rewards”

5 Likes

These are the questions I wanted to ask since wormholes were introduced, but for some reason did not bother to. Now even more people have to live with similar mechanics and I thought that maybe it’s the right time to ask.
As I said, I’m inactive right now, so I do not care too much about the drama, I just genuinely interested in opinions. The other thread is about feedback, this is just me asking other players.

Well to answer your questions, firstly null without Local is nothing like WH space so your questions relating to them being similar are meaningless.

D-scan is a great mechanic as you choose your risk. mash the Dscan or don’t.
As to Auto dscan that is like saying I want it safer.

As to multi accounts, CCP is a business.

2 Likes

Can I have your stuff?

It’s fine. I’m all for CCP experimenting with new or different types of intel or proximity detectors, but the way dscan currently works at least has some game play around it.

How do you know there aren’t? There is no local and the ESI doesn’t report any such stats.

But probably the simpler answer is that krabs like their safety and local gave them a 100% effective method to avoid PvP. Why would they have gone anywhere else?

Seem pretty balanced to me. Covops are quite squishy compared to their class.

Arguably cynos and jumping have some issue and may need addressing, but cloaky ships don’t stand a chance in a straight up fair fight with another of their class. Their main advantage is to pick the fight.

Eve is “pay to progress/advance” and has been since PLEX were introduced over a decade ago. And yes, multiboxing gives you a massive advantage given how power scales and how there are no artificial mechanism to balance the sides.

That open nature also probably means Eve can never be truly “Pay to Win” in the conventional sense, but you definitely can pay for advantage, or maybe more regularly, be up against a player or players who just have amassed more power in game then you by playing more/longer.

The simple solution is just to find some friends. With enough of those, even the fattest whale with the biggest credit card is no threat to you!

1 Like

1 Yes. Ever done Exploration somewhere you arent welcome?

2 Control. How do you do a 30 degree 2 AU dscan if its automatic?

3 Because its extremely limited in living space

4 Yes

5 No

1 Like

Also when you say Cloaky, do you really mean Recon Cruisers?

If so then yes

The dishonesty of suggesting that WHs are just “null without local” has grown tiresome.

It’s a lie. You know it’s a lie, we know it’s a lie, the devs know it’s a lie, and so it’s difficult to understand what you’re trying to accomplish by asking such a disingenuous question, apart from giving everyone the very accurate impression that you’re a dishonest person with an agenda, and not someone attempting to get to the truth of the matter.

Wormholes come with a multitude of additional properties/features/difficulties.
-Weather effects
-You better like scanning, you’re going to do it a lot
-Logistics are inherently more difficult
-While the income can be quite good for smaller numbers of people, it doesn’t scale as easily to support thousands of people
-No supers whatsoever
-No R64s
-No cynos

And that is by no means an exhaustive list.

Trying to bamboozle everyone with this, “if no local so gud, whycome wormhole so empty?” horseshit is just ■■■■■■■ asinine.

5 Likes

Letting free Alpha post on forums other than NCQ&A was a bad move, ccp.

OP, reddit is waiting for your posts!

1 Like

Personally i have never liked wormholes. Spend some time in there mostly hunting in 0.0 but have never liked it.