🔴 Log Off to Character Selection screen implemented

My bet is that it was done over a long period of time, just clearing sections of code as they went, when they had a free moment.

This is CCP clearing out the POS code.

2 Likes

In reality the spaghetti would stick to the plate, his hands, be all over his chest and the floor, walls, ceiling and even the ceiling fans would be covered with it. It would be moldy, smelly and full of weird scary bugs you’ve never seen before.

2 Likes

You mean . . . they didn’t tell the CSM they were doing it?

1 Like

I like it! About time…

Now CCP needs to address:

Deadpool loves red dots, he likes branding people’s foreheads with them too.

They don’t tell us everything :slight_smile:

And I mean its pretty clear what we would have said.

That they should have gotten rid of the atrocious red dot first.

3 Likes

If I’m in space when changing toons, the old method of quitting and restarting is still faster.

This is because the in-client toon switch requires me to do safe logoff and wait the 30 second timer. I can’t do normal ewarp logoff without closing the client :frowning:

And if I have pvp or npc logoff timers active, I can’t do in-client toon switch at all before they have worn off.

So…don’t switch “toons” (ugh) in space?

2 Likes

Fact is games like star trek online and many others have this ‘new’ feature for a decade now…

And even eve had it once,but it was deleted for ‘a better idea(which was not)’.

Maybe it’s ‘new’ for generation poor long-term memory ,or some of you are not long enough ingame,but that is not suprising for your kind regarding to things that didn’t come from you or you don’t like.

Best example for this is burning jita…the real reason for burning jita was that CCP DARED to put a monocle in the market to buy for real money…they DARED to do this in this game,that was SPECIAL these days(today it lost this sadly) and the community raged out,they don’t wanted ‘pay to win stuff’ like this…never,ever…

Standard reason for burning jita in the history books and therefore in the mind of most people : it were a few people raging about some prices…

Funny CCP…

Really funny ccp…

The real fact is that those games can’t hold a candle to EVE, from a networking and sheer size and complexity point of view.

2 Likes

Bollocks, Monocle Gate was in the summer of 2011, Burn Jita started almost a year later in May 2012.

2 Likes

We did shoot the monument in jita after monoclegate though, ÂŁ60 for a monacle was a bit much even for those that wanted to pay real monies for in game stuff, also the ÂŁ1000 jeans thing lol.

1 Like

Indeed we did, but that wasn’t Burn Jita as our militant idiot incorrectly claims, it was the Summer of Rage.

2 Likes

And boy did we rage :slight_smile: happy memories. Way back in the time when folk cared about the future.

2 Likes

lol yep, the amount of DPS that got applied to that monument made the Death Star look like a peashooter.

1 Like

The summer of rage wasn’t just about one thing, it was the culmination of CCP not having cared for the game in years, them wasting all their DEV time on WoD going “expect a game update in maybe 18 months”, the “fearless” memo and monoclegate on top of that.

2 Likes

WoD could have been amazing.

1 Like

:red_circle: It was about Hilmar’s greed. It is frankly amazing how this incompetent person is still allowed to head CCP. He almost killed EVE several times. He wasted so much developer effort, time and money on projects he consistently managed to drive into the ground.

1 Like