LOL moon mining in highsec = nerf

Sure there is: tutorial space for people who want to learn how to set up a mining operation in real space without having it immediately destroyed before they can get anywhere. As is appropriate for zero-risk highsec activity the reward is low, and when the profit-focused players leave it opens up those moons for newbies to claim.

Ok bye. One more piece of farmer trash goes into the WoW trash can where it belongs. The only question is why people like this feel like they are important enough for anyone to care that they are quitting.

Is it a moon? Then yes. Unlucky.

0.5 Hi-sec space was a haven for solo players to mine and run Cosmic Signatures. Now Athanors and their corporate owners populate those systems, systematically scouring them of signatures and anomalies in addition to their moon treasure chests.

Solo players will adapt, as they always have, knowing that they’ve chosen their play style and roll with the gut punches. How does it feel, you moon miners, having your cash cows dry up a little? Get over it.

1 Like

You are failing to understand I think.

This will not cause income per moon to drop as the goo is worth more. It is the volume of minerals being the issue here and the effect that will have on indy. You see, if I mine a moon where I am I will get 80%+ of the isk from the goo, not the minerals so making moons 100% goo isn’t a bad thing regarding isk flow.

L2Moon.

It always amazes me when people scorn others about how they choose to play in EVE as if your gaming style is the only choice. Isn’t this a sandbox game? If a player wants to sit in station and pull his pud isn’t that his choice? If you want to play small gang pvp naked and streaming from your parent’s basement… Who are we to judge it? Labels and trolling does not solve sh*t.

This change will have a real impact on industry and many corporations and player’s lives. Is it a good change who the hell knows since CCP does not actually share their thoughts on the goal they are trying to achieve. They are vague and piecemeal their changes.

Is this to nerf the Rorqual mining fleets? If they are wanting to move back to the old game of null-sec ores being sold at huge costs while hs ore sold for nothing. I would guess they are moving in the right direction. It is hard to really know the changes coming will affect the market without actual data and statistics.

Will some corporations and players have to change their economic base or play style…yep it happens all the time in this game since CCP can manipulate the market directly.

CCP has dug themselves into a hole and instead of filling it back in. They keep digging. Eventually the bottom will fall out. Unfortunately we are all mortals in their realm and as such we are vulnerable to their whims and wishes.

1 Like

“Sandbox game” does not mean “entitled to maximum farming yield with minimum effort and no PvP risk”.

6 Likes

Yes, but you are not playing on Creative.

I never said it does, I meant you can play as you want within the rules of the game…I think I was clear in that due to the above people judging others on how they choose to play the their game.

Rather than say anything constructive…

2 Likes

The people being judged are the ones who are whining and crying about how they are entitled to easy farming income and not getting it. So the point stands.

I do not see it that way, yeah a bit of whining but change in this game always includes that. I have yet to see a change that does not create some sort of complaint from one section of players or another. But calling people names and trolling because someone’s play style is not your idea of fun is pointless unless you just want to lash out or have a selfish feel good moment.

I am not saying risk vs reward doesn’t need balancing, I have to be honest and say I have no idea as I do not watch the market and I am not an economics major or a cpa but I think all players bring something to this game and the downward spiral needs to be stemmed before it progresses too far. A caustic community does not help foster player retention.

2 Likes

Good. Farmer trash is a cancer that needs to be driven out of the game before it can destroy everything that makes EVE unique and successful.

And, to be clear, not all PvE and industry players are farmer trash. The label refers only to the subset of those players that incessantly whines about anything that reduces their ISK per hour or exposes them to any chance of failure or adversity, even when those things are obviously necessary for the health of the game as a whole.

1 Like

Uh oh, Merin Ryskin is here.
Wave good bye to any form of civilized discussion and welcome elitist high-horse child whine about who “da real badazz” is.

Seriously, just ignore that manchild and maybe some sort of interesting conversation on moon ore changes can still be salvaged, hopefully…

6 Likes

Lighten up Francis

I agree to a portion of that, but it isn’t just high-sec players who are farming with impunity. I would hazard to guess CCP is targeting the rorquals fleets clearing moon belts more than hi-sec but that is just my opinion.

I am more about keeping the trolling from overtaking the forums (I know it’s too late but hope springs eternal and all that…)

I’m still confused on these Rorq. Fleets. Is it a Goons thing? I bet it is. It’s always the Goons’ fault :frowning:

1 Like

So, there are my thoughts on oncoming changes. They are just guesses, though.

Moon changes will roll in next month, and they are necessary for the main goal, which is to judge how long could EVE economy sustain normal processes under the rules of resource scarcity. Those changes will stay for some time, probably for 1 to 3 months, based on severity of market reaction. Long time between steps in scarcity phase is needed since the short-term price changes are driven by speculators, so this data is not good.

The changes should not affect profits much, since they are universal, but I might be wrong on this one, since I don’t know how much basic ores from moons are worth in big picture. The prices for everything will go up by unspecified amount. Null-sec miners will probably mine mostly high-end ores like Arkonor and Bistot, since they were the least affected by recent changes to belts and anomalies.

Somewhere around July we will probably see a new dynamic distribution system, which will also signify the end of all these changes.

2 Likes

I did? You’re not playing anyway, so I politely suggested ■■■■■■■ off. Not sure what’s not constructive about this?

The dynamic system is silly… (mild sarcasm)

Like people of x system, have a new cosmic signature show up and its an asteroid field…

“We are a space-faring people who can warp and use region gates to travel across galaxies. But did not see this huge arsed belt of asteroids shifting the orbital mass/paths of the planets and it auto-magically appear in system. Surprise!”

Yep totally believable.

That is a current one. Dynamic changes would probably apply at downtime.