LOL moon mining in highsec = nerf

Uh actually you do not know how I play so I am pretty sure you aren’t talking to me.

And I see nothing constructive with “■■■■ off”, what does that mean? How is it constructive? OH! you mean it’s constructive for you…yeah I guess I can see that.

Which one? The one you and the rest of us know nothing - literally fk all! - about as yet? The one not even being put in for a few months yet? That one?

Is that the one you’re talking about?

Ok then.

2 Likes

You can have a sincere apology if you swear that you’re actually never mining afk, or even semi afk, and your sexual organs shall painfully rot and fall off if you’re not honest about this.

1 Like

Oh no I meant the current “dynamic” one that are super ninja asteroid belts that pop up randomly in a system. Because you know we would never see them until they appeared in system.

Who knows on their “new” dynamic phase, could be more of the same or something totally new-ish.

1 Like

I hope the “dynamic” system consists of generic looking, unnamed asteroids that contain random minerals. And you can’t tell what’s in the asteroid until you start mining it…

2 Likes

Would also love to see NPC Machariel’s bumping AFK mining ships out of the belts that their mining corp is operating in. Now that would be hilarious. I can’t be everywhere at once…

2 Likes

Maybe for HS what you say is true, but for WH space?

The best tutorial for people who want to set up moon mining in LS or NS… would be WH moon mining that isn’t stripped of 95% of value. Which is what it sounds like they’re about to do, unless… as I said in the earlier post, they introduce new things to do with Ubiquitous moon goo.

WH space may have a valid point about nerfing resources.

1 Like

Then you are in the wrong place for Arkonor

2 Likes

Can you show me the math that explains 95% of the value is being removed? Or is this another exaggeration and crybaby whining?

1 Like

“what if your a highsec mining corp?”

I have the solution, don’t be one. Mining ore in hs suxxx.

I make billions mining in high sec. Granted it takes longer than it would in null, but I’m just a solo player and it works fine for me.

As you sayed yourself, you can do better in null.

HS sux for isk making, as it should be.

Is in HS 0.5s. Bc HS. So more like tutorial.

What would be interesting…is if CCP removed everything from moons but actual Moon rocks on every moon in the game.

Imagine, moongoo dependent on the actual moon your mining at and not by region/type of space (NS/LS/HS/WH).

This is an argument that never ceases to amaze me.

That ship you’re enjoying your style of play in, started by being mined by “farmer trash”

Then it was built by an industrial character who may have never flown in anything other than their corvette, and has never once had guns turned on them.

Now the market warrior who faces opponents in a margin war throughout the trade hubs, spends their time giving you the equipment you need at appropriate market rates, all from the safety of the station.

By this logic, let’s get these incompetent pilots out of eve forever. How does the game look now that there are no ships, guns, and ammunition you use to engage in PvP activities?

I assume you’re not going to build that ship, you’re making it quite clear that is beneath someone of your status.

They’re not playing the game wrong, the balance is off. As luck would have it CCP is working to resolve this.

2 Likes

You mean like the spaceships and their underwater mechanics? :stuck_out_tongue:

While the base logic of this argument make sense, in EvE, like in most MMO, there is MUCH more farming and crafting players than what is actually NEEDED for the game to work properly. Sometimes, there is so many of them that they are detrimentals to themself, since too much abundance of something result in the prices constantly getting lower and lower, making it hard to properly make a living of a crafting/industry job in the game.

So yes. You are absolutely right, if we loose ALL of those players, we do have a problem.

On the other hand, you should also be conscious that we have quite a margin of industrials/farming players that the game can in fact get ride of, before facing any negative consequences.

1 Like

You mean… removed the ores from moons and just leave the goo?

You should probably suggest this to them cos it isn’t EXACTLY what they have said they are going to do.

You’re missing some of the nuance here. Industrialists are good for Eve. Miners/gathers are good for Eve. Such things are integral to the design of the game and almost everyone who plays this game does these roles at times.

Eve is a persistent, war and economy sandbox game. Hating “industrialists” is indeed dumb as gathering and building are core parts of the game.

The hate isn’t for this. It is for the “farmers” sometime known as “carebears” - players who demand safety and immunity from the shared virtual world to play their wealth accumulation/gradual progression game while still retaining the ability to participate in the shared economy. These selfish, short-sighted types insist that they should somehow be allowed to not participate in the competition and conflict of New Eden, while having access to all opportunities a competitive market offers an industrialist.

Not all industrialists are farmers. In fact, most aren’t and understand the competitive game they are playing. But there is a significant and vocal minority that constantly agitate for easier farming, for safer farming, for more lucrative farming, and CCP has coddled and indulged these farmers for far too long which has caused serious harm to the core game of Eve.

So yes, while we all appreciate the hard work of the industrialists of New Eden keeping us in fine ships, you’l find there isn’t much sympathy for the farmers and their tears over the game being slightly rebalanced. There are plenty of other games where you a guaranteed continual, uninterrupted progression they can go play, while there are precious few options for a virtual world experience like Eve out there. Let the “farmer trash” go there.

8 Likes