Looking for help regarding a PvP EVE project

Sorry if this is the wrong section of the forum, but I don’t know where else I’d put this.

I’ve been entertaining an idea in my head for a while now. I think this idea has some great potential. I think it will provide some new and interesting content for PvPers. Before I do anything with it, I’d like to know who would be willing to put their time and effort into this project. It involves creating a website community for EVE, particularly for the PvPers of EVE. I’ll need some people to help with the following:

• Website creation and hosting
  • Marketing and promoting the website to the EVE community
  • Moderating the community once it’s been created.

Off the top of my head, I would need people to help with that. I may have some other things that might need to be done for this project, so I may need more people than I anticipated. I know this post is rather vague, but it is for a reason.

I personally, have a little training in web design/development. Not much (more design than anything). I’ve made plenty of propaganda posters for promoting alliances and corps, so I can help with promotion. I just can’t do everything.

As far as my idea goes, I need to write it up in a document. It’s how I expand on ideas and organize them. Once that’s done, I can share it with anyone who would be willing to help. If you’d like to help, mail or convo me in-game, or reply to this forum post.

1 Like

Well, overall your thread is definitely vague.

I could be wrong but the impression I got from reading this thread is you have a new project idea directed towards creating more PvP content in Eve. However to facilitate that idea you first need help in creating and maintaining an Eve PvP website / forum.

I wish you much success and good luck with your project.

DMC

I don’t think you’ll excite anyone to spend hours of grunt work for your vaguely defined project.

Alternatively, you can try to learn creating/managing a popular CMS, like wordpress. You don’t need any coding knowledge to have a website. All you need is googling skills and some RL money investment.

In my experience, if you are excited about your idea, delegating this kind of work to others will not satisfy you anyway.

He needs some people to help with:

• all the work

Because he has almost no experience with any of it but is very excited about his idea, so excited that he plans to put it in writing!

No mention of compensation for all the work, but per CCP’s rules it can only be for free, I think.

1 Like

The information is too vague to be able to estimate what features you are looking for.

Depending on what you want and what proposed timeframe you have for development, I might be willing to help, but there are a lot of unknowns here that need to be discussed first.

2 Likes

Stop.

Plan out exactly what you are asking people to get involved with. What it is, what effort is involved, why it is exciting, what is in it for them.

Now start again.

1 Like

Thanks! :grin:

You’re right, I think I’ll likely need to expand on my idea in a shareable document in order to get peoples interest. This is the last thing I want to do though. The last thing I want is for someone to steal the idea.

Concerning wordpress, it doesn’t have the versatility that this project needs in order to function. There’s a lot of data that would have to be calculated on the site. I think it would actually be easier to just create a website, so we (me and whoever else works on this) have free reign over what we can do. I’m not completely familiar with wordpress’s abilities, or allowances, but I doubt it will give me what’s needed.

Awesome! Shoot me a mail in-game.

1 Like

Ideas are a dime a dozen. Just the idea itself is worth nothing, and I bet you could spill it here and nobody will “steal” it because the work required to implement it is way too much, for a free project.

Anyway, good luck.

But if there was a potential profit to be made from said idea, I’m sure some would take the idea and run with it. I suppose that’s just a risk I’ll have to take.

1 Like

Not really. Memphis is right.

Ideas alone are cheap. You can look at lots of profitable things and see the idea hasn’t been copied. Like EVE for example.

Having an idea isn’t the same as being able to implement it, which is also vastly different from actually implementing it. Most ideas in the end are never implemented.