Looking for Industry Feedback

Is it possible to start multiple jobs in a single go?

Ex. 10 BPCs of 1 run Nidhoggurs all ready to go in station. Plenty of components for all of it. Currently, I need to go through 'em all one by one.

Is it feasible to allow us to start all 10 separate BPC runs in a single go?

Or is that something that cannot be done due to coding issues on the backend?

Doing industry often involve buy-orders for materials and hauling. Those orders might leave you with deliveries scattered across the region, which have to be collected.

Currently you can see your deliveries in the corp assets interface and set a destination to collect it. Two improvements would make the hauling part much smoother;

1. In corp deliveries window, add the yellow color on deliveries that your route is passing through. This is already there for personal assets.
  2. On those deliveries that your route is passing by, add a right-click option “Stop here” that works as “Add waypoint”, but insert a stop in the route instead of adding it to the end of the route. The same functionality would be useful for personal assets as well.
2 Likes

Strongly affirm this would be helpful.

I’m fine with the visibility of installed matching docking rights…if you can’t dock, you can’t see em.
Also fine with rigs only being visible when in the system of the citadel.

holy sht when I enter eg “small anti-excplosive pump” (yeah with the error) from the keyboard, it take ages filtering over all my bpos. and in the end returns everything…

I have total 2700 bpos. Plus 580 BPCs. That’s not a lot, Also that’s required because we can’t accelerate a bpo by putting several people on it, so we need to have several bpos to build in an interesting amount of time.
What would be nice, in addition to what I already asked for, is the ability to make alts or corpmates work on a job. And/Or to use several slots on the same job. Becasue it sucks to have to search 10 bpo to 10/20 with a 365D for the last +1 , just to realize after that that you actually needed 11…

1 Like

What happened to the Assembly Hall for ideas?

[roleplay]
Honorable council members, please excuse my intrusion.

I do not understand why Snowflake Tem insists that I communicate with you directly. She has the skillset to present the following information in a format I assume you would find most pleasing.
She tells me that the story should come directly from the equine’s-oral-orifice; apparently indicating this serving technician, although the idiom as she described it does not remotely inform my technical specialities.

Snowflake is the Principle Overseer of our Order and my clone sister. Our progenitor Geana Tem wants it to be known that she has no involvement with this communication.

Snowflake asked me to express our Orders appreciation for the intent behind the gifts received this past Yule, particularly the Anti-Linear Filaments, although, that is not the reason I approached her with the suggestion of contacting the Sanctioned Astronomical Narrative Transmission Authority - though your good offices - with the purpose of passing on my Yuletide tale and best wishes.

This past week I had the honour of transporting a large group of Mannar Textile International Representatives through Triglavian controlled space. The agent who arranged this line of transport assured me that this would not go without influence in the world. I assume they were to attend Yule festivities although the conversation I had with one of the representatives did not touch on the subject. Our Order has invested a great deal of energy in planetary infrastructure dedicated to the production of Industrial Fibres. I saw this mission as an opportunity to extend the Orders client base. The conversation quickly pivoted from the apparently passe subject of Microfiber Shielding and Polytextiles to the potential use of Super Kerr-Induced Nano-coatings in apparel. The Transport’s internal monitors noticed a significant increase in heart rate of the Representative as I discussed the potential of this technology.
This technician has trained as a star-ship engineer. I can not relate to the excitement the Mannar Institute Representative seemed to express at the thought of combining these techniques.

It is my place to solve the problem and difficulties of collecting planetary launched goods in Triglavian Controlled territory. I have personally witnessed Triglavian vessels camping Planetary Orbital Terminals while harvesting energy from the structure with Nosferatu.
It is my fondest wish that the Sanctioned Astronomical Narrative Transmission Authority re-examines the role of the Primae. It fails at its primary function as a collector of planetary product.

Our Order uses the quick and nimble Nereus to simply loot launched goods. The Primae’s dedicated hold is actually an impediment to that time sensitive operation, requiring the operator to manually direct the trans-location of goods in a potentially stress-full situation.
A suggestion to SANTAs Electronic Labour Force is to re-enable at least one high-power-slot on the Primae to allow a tractor beam fitment that is capable of collecting planetary launched containers and loading them directly to an expanded dedicated bay. A technologically advanced pilot may wish to fit a covert cloaking device in its place. This modification would vitalize the usage rates of a vessel that otherwise is not fit for purpose.
Submitted humbly and in gratitude,
River Tem
[/roleplay]

That sounds like a really horrible idea. remote controlling other chars is basically like botting

It should either be a complete new approach that allocates all characters slots officially to a pool that can then be drawn from by a corporate role (which would mean a complete remake of how it works today) or an active function that would pass these slots on to another like a kill right for example.

what ?

Your suggestion basically asks to remote control actions that need to be done by each character - and all that to support Alts. A suggestion that caters to everyone in general would have been better

I’m just a new player but my focus is industry. What I can do is offer the new player perspective.

Industry is easy to get into. Producing and researching can be fun and rewarding at first. But the problem is when you try to scale up past ammo and basic ship module. As soon as you start trying to make ships, you realized that the market is oversaturated and most ship construction don’t turn any profit.

The reason I think is that industry is passive. Running production jobs doesn’t take any time from the actual players so people can just make as much alt as they need and keep flooding the market.

If you want to make industry viable as a main carrer, you need to have a way to make ‘active’ industry more profitable than passive so new player focusing on industry can make a decent living.

What I would do is raise material cost by 20% across the board but have a ‘mini game’ to optimise your production queue and recuperate the extra cost.

For example, you fit the blueprint in one of your queue slot day 1 and you are at zero optimisation
Next day you leave the same blueprint in queue and run the mini game, you get 1% efficiency
Each of the next 19 days, you get 1% as long as you keep playing the mini game each day.
Skip a day = lose 2% efficiency

The mini game should take about 10-15 min of active play to do per production queue. So basically only dedicated active producer specializing in specific goods can get the max efficiency and you kill the alt farms flooding the market .

Another cool thing I would add is the ability to develop a brand for your product. You could your lab slot to research a brand and incorporate specific small bonus over time. During the production phase you could brand the good you produced to add those bonus what you produced. ex: Thanak’s brand railgun do a little extra damage. Bob’s brand destroyer will have a little more cap… Brand should be specific per equipment category and limit the number you can have with a skill.

The suggestion caters to everyone in general. It does not allow to remotely control actions, you can’t move stuff or people. It allows to remotely create jobs, which is subset of “remote control actions” but is not the full set, for thee reason those actions, specifically, are not used to bot and are very bad for the game. It takes me like 3 minutes to log in an alt, and be ready to start the next job. with 10 alts, that means 30 minutes just to log my toons per day. even though I do some in parallel, this is just a complete unpractical game experience.

This is partially present with the mutaplasmids. Still only a few attributes can be changed per type, and each type needs to go through a design process by devs. But last presentation explained CCP was about to present hull mutaplasmids, so that may be exactly what you are looking for - just several times more expensive ^^

You are asking to change industry related things to enable you to faster switch between alts - thats exactly my point . Completely unrelated for this topic. If there should be said change to industry it should be to benefit industry related activities and not the excessive use of alts. Which is why i added a revised version of how what you asked for could be done to benefit everyone and not just the ones that work with alts.

Blueprints originals used to have the information about which NPC corporation seeds them in their ‘show info’. This allowed for a structured and organized way to gather all blueprint originals with time.

In one of the later changes this information got removed. This produces an eminent organizational problem to find said blueprints without the help of outside game tools as only a single region can be seen at a time in the market window. Only by using a third party market tool one can actually determine where the NPC seeded ones are to be found or by travelling the entire universe and making either notes in-game or creating an outside sheet about this information.

CCP should be asked to re-visit this and reverse that change. Building a new collection or filling the holes in an existing one has become a major pain since this change. Blueprint originals are an essential part of the production chain and as the start of said it shouldnt be such a hassle to figure out where to get them. With the agent finder it has become so simple to find any agent by now but the backbone of all things to be made in Eve has been castrated with the removal of the seed info - this really needs a rebalance.

3 Likes

I have the issue when I am playing with alts. The topic was for

You make invalid comparison by saying “it is basically like botting”, while it has nothing to do with botting.

If you had just proposed something, instead of saying generic nonsense and useless judgement, it could have been constructive.
I agree that it would be better if it benefits to other people. But saying I am asking for botting in the game, is just aggressive and judgemental.

Kindly, go fck yourself.

No idea why you become so hostile and ignore the suggestion i added in the same posting - so i add it as a quote once again:

Here is an idea that allows small mining corps to be station-less and migrate around the systems. It also offers a bit of game play for the gankers and pirates of Eve.

Create a small deployable refining depot. Give the depot a tractor beam, and anything caught in it gets refined. Assign the skills of the deploying character to the refinery.

The tractor pulls in jet cans and processes the material. Once a jet can goes in a cycle starts and it takes “X” minutes to finish. During that time other jet cans can be pulled close for refining.

The refining cycle can not be stopped the refined ore in the refinery (up to the hold limit) stays in the refinery, but if the refinery is destroyed it goes in a jet can of its own - with no owner.

Everyone will hate this idea, so I will stop here. But really think about it for a moment and think about the gameplay. Also think about ninjits miners in someone moon goo or other high value ore, mining in non-traditional mining ships.

In thinking about it, it would be nice to have a new container type for BPO and BPC - that has alphabet tabs down the side and holds an unlimited number of prints. That way several containers are not needed.

If not alphabet tabs, then tabs by type (e.g. ships,ammo, etc.)

I have literally thousands of prints and have to dig thru a couple dozen containers to see if there is something I want to make and have fun with.

1 Like

That would be awesome.

This is quite normal across Eve. For example rifter 300k isk, T2 200mm autos x3 2.5m isk

On a duty journey,tour, when you work outside the home for a long time, while traveling, people use laptops and tablets.
This causes inconvenience when working with an industrial window. The huge circle above cannot be made smaller.

It can only be completely collapsed, but then there are no pictograms of research, production, copying.
Need to reduce it. On the right, scrolling drawings is very small on the contrary. If the corporation’s drawings store many drawings, while scrolling part of the drawings is not visible. Need to make it bigger. With this circle on my laptop I see only 4 drawings at a time. When scrolling, I scroll 10 in one motion with the mouse.
If I want to limit the number of drawings using the slider in the item categories drop-down menu, then it’s even smaller. And part of the modules necessarily skips. If a corporation has many people at the same time they work with a large number of drawings; they are all visible to me, but it is almost never interesting for me to see it.
This only makes it difficult to scroll. You need to make sure that when you select a menu item or activate a checkbox I would not see all the drawings that other people work with. I would also like to be able to designate a specific warehouse of the corporation as a warehouse of materials, another warehouse as a warehouse of drawings, and a third as a warehouse finished products for all ongoing production and research projects at the station, and for the entire corporation.
Because the interface in its present form significantly slows down the work with production, we lose time.
For example, the warehouse of department 1 - materials, the warehouse of department 2 - drawings, the warehouse of department 3 - drawings with high efficiency, after research and drawings of the next level, unit 4 warehouse - finished goods warehouse.Do not reinstall for each drawing, but set once for all drawings.
The compactness and efficiency of the interface will allow to do more things in space while the pilot is resting from work on his home planet )
I use a translator, I hope everything is clear.

1 Like

Thank you all for contributing. Good ideas and insights.

Please keep them coming.