Looking for Industry Feedback

Remove T2 BPOs from the game.

Liberté, égalité, fraternité FOR EVERYONE!!

4 Likes

Make buttons smaller, so only skilled people could use them!

Very much this.

This needs a couple of thousand up-votes. Compensate the holders if you must but the whole history around these is tainted.

what is their effect on the economy exactly ?

Someone who has one or more of these essentially controls the price of the T2 item and the associated BPCs that drop from encounters.

By bypassing invention mechanics they have a significantly lower cost per unit, can be built in much higher quantities faster, and can have a much lower materials cost.

Alternatively, make them available again at a cost appropriate to the non-requirement of Inventing.

Can you both prove your point ?
I agree that the cost per item is reduced, but can you prove that you make items faster than with invention, and that a few BPOs allow you to control the market price ?

A BPO can be trained to 20% production speed redux and doesn’t require invention before processing. On a 1 slot for 1 slot bases it’s Invention Time + 6-18% faster (depending on decryptor selection).

If you can produce at a much cheaper rate you can undercut to other players unprofitable mark as long as you can meet volume demands.

Yes but that’s only for one BPO. If you have several BPO to invent, then you can make much more items, even if each item individually takes twice as much time.

And can you meet volume demand ?

Thats the key point, you can’t meet demand with T2BPO’s, there simply aren’t enough of them in the game. Compared to the production from invented BPC’s they are a drop in the ocean.

But the drop itself is poison when it comes to the actual game mechanic for all other T2 production - which can ONLY be based on invention and/or purchasing of BPC. That is a continuous process everyone else has to go through. The added costs for the invention process hurt both the manufacturer that invents themselves and is also reflected in the partly ridiculous pricing of T2 BPC with limited runs and only partial research in both ME and TE.

A T2 copy can only pump out 10 at a time so yes, while you could fill 11 slots with T2 copies you could do the same with a BPOs if you had 11. I’m sure there is some groups in the game that have multiples.

The existence of them cheapens the T2 production market as a whole because a select few don’t have to deal with 50% of the process plus have an extra 8% profit margin on top of invention cost.

can you prove they actually have an impact on the game ?

Anything used for production, research, usage etc has an impact on the game - why do you now try to troll him?

Well unless I had access to CCP level data no I couldn’t. Their existence makes some players and groups wealthier than than they should be, that’s just mathmatics.

Why are you asking stupid question when you have nothing else to do ?

But how much wealthier ? How does it have an impact on the game ? And if it has such an impact, why can some people acquire one for 20B ?

How many do you have that you are defending them so vehemently? You have been shown how they have an impact. How much is not the question. They have an impact on the game that no one else can get.

1 Like

Yes, it is my question. Because if their impact is less than usual variations, they effectively have no impact.

Well how many do you have, so you know what you can do with them ?
If you really want to get rid of them : buy them, and destroy them.

I am returning the favour on your level of intelligence - very simple. You try to bait him into a needless discussion about some isk value that can only be determined by CCP themselves as they are the only ones that have the actual raw data for invention, research and production.